12Next >
5323 75 2016-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
S6XR9OXS8NAX
lvl.1

Germany

Hello,

since nobody at the costumer service is listening I want to share my experience with DJI, their products and their service:

Soon after the release of the Phanton 2 I purchased it and just a few months later of little use the battey swole and the performance dropped like crazy (it's been a 100€+ battery back then) I contacted the service and all they did is sending me from one contact to another, with me ending up explaining my issue and sending everybody images of the battery and after weeks of not moving anywhere I decided to stop it, because DJI already wasted more than enough of my time.

About three months ago I purchased the Phantom 3 Pro - it's been on a nice discount (still 800€+ though) since the Phantom 4 is taking over and I took it without further testing to a 7 weeks trip through Europe - hoping to get nice images and video with a kit that is new more than 1200€ when it came out.

After my first flight I noticed a really weird Gimbal behaviour - the camera turned from straight to crooked to straight, killing most of my shots and forcing me to manually correct the horizon in post multiple time - it's a BRAND NEW device - you get the irony right?

I have tried everything that I could to get it working how it should, all the updates and calibrations but nope - I wasted hours of my private time to fix this crap and I ended up not using this piece of junk and just rolled multiple weeks with the drone in a hardcase.

So I came home and I thought - well, they messed it up and the most common sense thing is that they will take it back and a) I will get my money back or b) I will get a new one. Yes, I know about DJIs rediculous 7days return policy and in Germany I got like 14days to send a product back to a reseller without any reason. Now bare in mind that I made extensive research about this issue and it turns out that like with my Phantom 2 the Phantom 3 Pro got a very known issue - the crooked gimbal:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-15941-1-1.html
http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... mbal-problem.46701/

It's a FREAKING WELL KNOWN issue and I already hated myself for not making more research when buying this frustating flying time and money waste.

I reached out to the reseller and claimed my money back because a) it's a very well known error (like the battery issue) and b) as a professional I don't trust this gear anymore - it's of no use for me and I got a faulty unit from the very beginning, so please just take it back and leave me alone, beause I already spent hours of my life to fix an issue that I got because of buying something more than 1000€ expensive and even with a "PRO" on it. The reseller told me to contact DJI directly, because this should be the fastest way to get any results and the reseller would do the same process that I am doing anyway. So to save at least some time - I reached out to DJI:

Now the DJI service got a bit faster, but the quality is still unreal. I had to write three emails to get the info that I needed (another week) and a form to send to them, with all the info I already gave them - I did complain a lot and did it at the end. Now today I got an email from a DJI service station in Germany, wanting me to fill in ANOTHER document with the info I already gave them - fine - but where is the postal-service document? THERE IS NONE!

I bought an faulty and expensive piece of equipment, which had a VERY KNOWN issue from the very beginning, I don't get my money back, I do have to pay for the transfer and the return time is more than 15 work days long.

THANK YOU FOR WASTING MY TIME, MONEY AND PATIENCE DJI - thank you very much for not having the right backbone to fix well known issues and thank your not organizing your costumer service right.

Thank you.
2016-9-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I'm really sorry for the frustration.
Could you please provide me with your ticket number or case number?
2016-9-30
Use props
S6XR9OXS8NAX
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-30 12:24
Could you please provide me with your ticket number or case n ...

Your request(#299819)has been updated, please reply the email or click the link below.
2016-9-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

S6XR9OXS8NAX Posted at 2016-9-30 18:45
I finally got to a point where I have to fill out AGAIN the info that I have filled out. But this t ...

Thanks for your feedback.
I'll help to escalate the case for you.
2016-9-30
Use props
rr
lvl.4
Denmark

JUST GIVE US A NEW FIRMWARE TO SAVE DJI REPUTATION AND CORRECT ALL THESE ISSUES PEOPLE HAS WHEN THEY BOUGT DJI PRODUCT.
2016-9-30
Use props
Capt. Wild Bill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1319180 ft
  • >>>
United States

rr@jensen.mail. Posted at 2016-9-30 07:14
JUST GIVE US A NEW FIRMWARE TO SAVE DJI REPUTATION AND CORRECT ALL THESE ISSUES PEOPLE HAS WHEN THEY ...

Neva
Gonna
Happen
2016-9-30
Use props
JpNL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 428245 ft
Netherlands

If there ever comes a solution I doubt, because DJI is too busy with updating the APP with functions that nobody is waiting for. also the new Mavic MUST be promoted, so there is no time to make a good firmware for the Phantom 3S/3P/P3A.  
Across the world people complain about the bad updates, but release a new firmware is too much trouble.
Sorry for my negativity, but the problems take too long now, this is just disrespectful to your customers.

Regards.
[Edit: did you have your antenna  right, You did all the troubleshooting? send it in for repair.]
2016-9-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Quite often, a cold IMU and gimbal calibration has fixed the crooked gimbal issue. Not sure if it would have helped OP?

Sadly, the aforementioned experience has been shared by several other drone pilots here.
We wonder how these malfunctioning drones are quality tested, before their shipment?
Fingers crossed and hopeful they don't replace yours with one of those chlorophylled refurbished models. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-9-30
Use props
S6XR9OXS8NAX
lvl.1

Germany

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-9-30 19:38
Quite often, a cold IMU and gimbal calibration has fixed the crooked gimbal issue. Not sure if it wo ...

thanks! A cold IMU is only helping temporarily - it's just one huge hoax what DJI is doing here - in other countries they would get in real trouble, because for me it gets as close as acting in bad faith (like VW f.e.) they know about the issue and then they try to bail it to the costumer - this is so wrong and weak.
2016-9-30
Use props
S6XR9OXS8NAX
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-30 12:48

I got a suggestion - please give me an official paper with all info I need that DJI is taking the faulty drone back and I can send to the reseller so he can give me my money back - do with it whatever you like (:
I mean it's not a big deal for you right? U sold a not 100% working drone to a reseller , he sold it to me, I really don't want it because of this well known issue, you take the crooked drone back that you sent to the reseller and everybody is happy - you can try to fix it for how long you want and then sell it again - problem solved.
2016-9-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

S6XR9OXS8NAX Posted at 2016-9-30 12:09
thanks! A cold IMU is only helping temporarily - it's just one huge hoax what DJI is doing here -  ...

Nothing temporary about it. The cold calibration has corrected the same issue for others,
Can't promise you the world, but no harm in trying...

RedHotPoker
2016-9-30
Use props
S6XR9OXS8NAX
lvl.1

Germany

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-9-30 20:51
Nothing temporary about it. The cold calibration has corrected the same issue for others,
Can't pr ...

it's pretty known that this issue comes back for many people - like here f.e.:

"
Same thing.
it crooked around 1-3 degree,
gimbal adjustment is not permanent.
issue for DJI.
The gimbal roll adjustment only works for a short amount of time. It seems that once you start yawing, the gimbal re-acquires that drunken tilt. I have calibrated the IMU and gimbal many times, but it's still a problem, so until the official fix, i will fix it post-processing. I use Pinnacle Studio Ultimate. In there, i enter the effects menu for the clip, then rotate the video -3 degrees. Then, to cover the newly vacant corners, i scale the video in both axes to 113 percent. That fixes it for me! I actually created a preset for this, and can achieve this in two or 3 clicks now.

I calibrated my IMU and then performed the automatic gimbal calibration.  Now it's fixed.  (Level now.)  However it does tend to drift over time.  So I have to auto cal frequently.

Done all the recommend fixes and still have the tilted horizon. I have around 2 hours of beach footage and the horizon isn't level in any of it. Done IMU more than once (in fact was getting errors out there) and calibrated gimbal many times. Luckily it's a fairly easy fix in post for me, but not everyone has that ability. I've flown more than 30 miles with the phantom 3 and don't really have any complaints other than this.
"
2016-9-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

No where did it mention Cold IMU, where by the drone is placed in a frost-free refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
Or sat in front of an air conditioning unit, for an equal amount of time... Just before calibrations were began.

Good luck, send it in for repair. Turn around time is recently significantly shorter. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-9-30
Use props
S6XR9OXS8NAX
lvl.1

Germany

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-10-1 02:30
No where did it mention Cold IMU, where by the drone is placed in a frost-free refrigerator for 15-2 ...

I gotta - I payed 1000€ and I expect it to work - without any fridge. Thanks for checking back in - I do appreciate your help!
2016-10-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yeah, no problem, whatsoever. It's the chilled drone that often wins the crooked horizon calibration race. ;-)

But yeah, you will have sent it back to China, for tech support, and let them chill the bird, under glass. Chuckles

Thankful I am, my healthy drone has no symptoms. Never had any...

By the way, your thread title, is a crush of many childhood dragon dreams...

Please leave my fantasies out of your drone considerations... Chuckles

RedHotPoker

2016-10-1
Use props
S6XR9OXS8NAX
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-30 12:24
Could you please provide me with your ticket number or case n ...

hey Mindy - any news here? Still waiting...
2016-10-2
Use props
S6XR9OXS8NAX
lvl.1

Germany

I am still waiting on the feedback and will keep this feed alive till I get a decent answer to this rubbish - another 3 days lost in the DJI service sahara
2016-10-3
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99852 ft
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-10-1 20:08
Yeah, no problem, whatsoever. It's the chilled drone that often wins the crooked horizon calibration ...

wow, epic bud, those were the days.Brought back some fond memories.
2016-10-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

TechReviews Posted at 2016-10-3 07:36
wow, epic bud, those were the days.Brought back some fond memories.

When I read the thread title, it instantly hit me, like a scaly dragon tail... Haha

Yes, those were the day & nights. Memories, and pictures.
Frank Zappa sang it best, "Give me, your dragon love..." ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-10-3
Use props
S6XR9OXS8NAX
lvl.1

Germany

you wrote three days ago and are not replying anymore - why? Nothing is moving here! Still got a bad drone and nobody wants to make this right....
2016-10-3
Use props
Heniek W
lvl.2

Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-10-3 11:39
When I read the thread title, it instantly hit me, like a scaly dragon tail... Haha

I'm just curious if you ever fly your drone at all or does it sit on your cozy perfectly leveled shelf while you watch your display in the comfort of your home staring back at yourself and picturing Donald Duck ! Seriously go out there and fly that thing and ask a friend or a bystander if your video remains leveled , they'll  probably tell you it does not... Loading electronic components in a fridge is nothing but asking for trouble ....
2016-10-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Fly, yes, going to do some of that today.. It's my birthday too, so I deserve some  air time for it, or getting high atleast. Haha
My horizon has always been spot on. 90*
You do know the cold IMU works best on crooked horizon drones. I only do it to drastically reduce the initial IMU warm-up process.

That isn't Donald Duck, it's Dinaldo... & those Red eyes are from chlorine in the swimming pool, right? Hahaha haha

Ok, I'm off to see the Wizard. And other wonder.
Speaking of flying, I really need to complete building my heli kit. Align TRex 700E DFC HV.

RedHotPoker
2016-10-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Heniek W Posted at 2016-10-3 15:24
I'm just curious if you ever fly your drone at all or does it sit on your cozy perfectly leveled s ...

My Birthday flight was just alright. Hahaha thanks for asking.
Drone has a holiday coming up too, so we will be having another pre Halloween celebration very soon.

Love my awesome drone, like ice-cream in a large waffle cone...
Visit Tim Hortons & Try the birthday cake Tim bits...mmmnnn mmmmnnn good!!
So, Have you been shining bright? Hahaha
http://www.lumecube.com/164.html

RedHotPoker

2016-10-4
Use props
Heniek W
lvl.2

Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-10-4 13:47
My Birthday flight was just alright. Hahaha thanks for asking.
Drone has a holiday coming up too, s ...

Link up one of your videos and lets see your perfectly leveled horizon haha,
regarding timbits no thanks I'll pass, those will make you fat, slow and lazy ...
Happy birthday Donald !
2016-10-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Heniek W Posted at 2016-10-5 12:10
Link up one of your videos and lets see your perfectly leveled horizon haha,
regarding timbits no  ...

I need to prove my word to you? Would I lie to you, I don't even know you... Haha
I have a perfect drone, and have never asked for help in here in over a year. I had an update problem once, but that was me, not the drone. Yes, my horizon is perfect, much like the pilot... Chuckles
Sorry, if you doubt it, but my drone is of the vast majority, simply problem free.
But if I ever have a concern or issue, with my drone, you will be my go to guy... Haha

Reminds me, I have a ton of video footage that needs attention, editing, and picking-putting it together, yeah some charming scenes of my city, heli field and river valley, the home environment.
Some of these also include night flights, and Lume Cube footage as well. ;-)
By the way, Tim Bits won't make you fat or any more lazy than when you first opened the 50 pack. Hahaha
What will though, is a double bacon and cheese Chrispie Cream burger... You know where you slice the donut in half, turning the icing inward...?

RedHotPoker

2016-10-5
Use props
Heniek W
lvl.2

Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-10-5 13:10
I need to prove my word to you? Would I lie to you, I don't even know you... Haha
I have a perfect  ...

You don't need to prove nothing  I thought it would be good to see one of your videos and have a look
my P3 has some minor level mishaps as well I also read here that many people complain even with P4's about this problem, I just would like to see one of your videos and validate to myself that there is actually one P3 with leveled camera. Haha
you sound like the guy from border security show , singing the song , "would I lie to you hunny ?"  "would I lie to you" haha , link up the video .. Chuckles
BTW night flights are illegal and should not be performed haha
PS do not eat the double bacon cheeseburgers either they will pump your bad cholesterol through the roof !
HW
2016-10-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Heniek W Posted at 2016-10-5 14:11
You don't need to prove nothing  I thought it would be good to see one of your videos and have a l ...
Night flight are completely legal, unless you get caught in an uncompromising position... Haha Yeah, so we fly at www.ercha.ca
I Definately have to start my video editing someplace, & perhaps today, I will take a stab at some of it.
It's not for lack of ambition, or a huge desire to share much of my awesome footage with everyone here. Just been sort of overwhelmed and mentally exhausted. A lot on my plate at one time.
Which creates neglect all over the map. Several of my loved hobbies have been in holding patterns, and it's that thought, beginning to bug the heck out of me.

Even my music practice has suffered, and that is a non forgivable disaster. If I don't practice, playing my wonderful keyboards, it gets sloppy.
So much to do, so little time, so I sit here, posting forum conversation, and ponder the non productive outcome.
Working on my Align TRex 700E some, today as well. Another long drawn out process, that was in storage mode for several months.

RedHotPoker
2016-10-5
Use props
kamil.galuska
New

Hi guys, I am absolutely beginner. Just bought a Phantom 3 Proffesional from website Droneforless (UK sales), Drone came from USA, checked, read manual , watched all videos on youtube, bought a new Samsung GALAXY Note 4, download APP, .. I did everything and hoped for first flight is gonna be ok - So what happened? I did not take off at all. Used Automatic system to take off, after Manual,  but nothing. Motors(Engines) seemed to be working, but not enought power I guess. So instead of take off for, drone fault over, rolled on the ground . I tryed it a few times and the same. PLEASE HELP ANYONE .. ..
Thank you so much.

K.

2016-10-5
Use props
mr_amorim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1595574 ft
Brazil

I got abrand new P3 Advanced couple weeks ago and I am also facing the same issue. For while I am confident DJI will solve my issue, let´s see what will happen. I am asking my self about why DJI developers does not make available an option to make a manual adjustment in the 3 axis gimbal ? I have other couple drones with some other Gimbal brands and all those provide manual adjustments for Tilt, Pan and Roll. It is so easy and would save a lot of time and avoid the wast of money exchanging drones. Why ? it is a matter of software.
2016-10-5
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.3

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-10-4 05:38
Fly, yes, going to do some of that today.. It's my birthday too, so I deserve some  air time for it, ...

Birthday? Mine was Sunday. I got me a brand new IMac 5K 27" loaded to the hilt. My wife loves me. But I wanted another drone.....lol
2016-10-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

mcphipps900 Posted at 2016-10-5 18:43
Birthday? Mine was Sunday. I got me a brand new IMac 5K 27" loaded to the hilt. My wife loves me.  ...

You lucky Libran!! ;-) that's a Nice 'puter!! You are a fortunate guy.

So how does it play 4K video, quite well? Haha

It must look awesome, congrats!! I need a newer monitor, to equal what my hp can deliver... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-10-5
Use props
S6XR9OXS8NAX
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-30 11:48

MINDY! We are all waiting for DJI to make a move forward. TAKE BACK THE CRAP DRONES! Like Samsung does take their Note7s back, just take the P3P and use for whatever but not a professional use.
2016-10-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

S6XR9OXS8NAX Posted at 2016-10-6 18:11
MINDY! We are all waiting for DJI to make a move forward. TAKE BACK THE CRAP DRONES! Like Samsung d ...

I'm sorry for the late reply.Since you bought the drone from the dealer, you need to contact your dealer for the refund.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2016-10-7
Use props
S6XR9OXS8NAX
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-8 02:26
I'm sorry for the late reply.Since you bought the drone from the dealer, you need to contact your d ...

Mindy - I really got the feeling like u did not read anything here and just ignore the right solution. I DID CONTACT THE DEALER, the dealer wants me to send the drone to you for repair, but #1 I don't want any drone with this freaking serious issue to work with professionally anymore #2 your costumer service wants ME to pay the shipping costs (what a poor service) and #3 I asked you for an official letter, mail or anything that the dealer can send you the drone to get the money back so I can get my money back.

THIS IS FREAKING ACTING IN BAD FAITH!
2016-10-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

If possible: Find a service center closer to your home locale. Save expensive shipping rates, for something closer to your location.

RedHotPoker
2016-10-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

S6XR9OXS8NAX Posted at 2016-10-8 19:03
Mindy - I really got the feeling like u did not read anything here and just ignore the right soluti ...

Could you please provide me with the name of the dealer?
2016-10-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

S6XR9OXS8NAX Posted at 2016-10-8 19:03
Mindy - I really got the feeling like u did not read anything here and just ignore the right soluti ...

I have brought this to the attention of our support team.
And they will contact the dealer and help to deal with this case.Please provide me with the dealer's name and the proof of purchase.
2016-10-10
Use props
S6XR9OXS8NAX
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-10 11:26
I have brought this to the attention of our support team.
And they will contact the dealer and help ...

here u go - the 5th time I am sending this to you (: fingers crossed for this to not again take two weeks!!

2016-10-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

S6XR9OXS8NAX Posted at 2016-10-11 19:15
here u go - the 5th time I am sending this to you (: fingers crossed for this to not again take tw ...

Thanks for your information.
I'll pass this to our support team.
2016-10-11
Use props
JulianX4
lvl.2

Hong Kong

S6XR9OXS8NAX Posted at 2016-10-11 07:15
here u go - the 5th time I am sending this to you (: fingers crossed for this to not again take tw ...

Hi Mathäus, I would delete this if you don't want people to know where you live, etc...
2016-10-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules