Mavic Phone Compatibility
291337 291337 2016-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
reymarcos
New

Australia

Hi! I am interested in buying a Mavic Pro.

I own a Sony Xperia Z1 with Android 5.1.1. Will I be able to use the app with my phone to drive the drone and record with full compatibility?

Thanks!
2016-10-24
Use props
CheckYourSix
lvl.2

United States

The Google Nexus 6P is a very popular phone. Most people who own this phone have upgraded to Android Nougat 7.0 with Nougat 7.1 just around the corner. Could you please let us know if your development team is still working on making sure Nougat users will be able to use it with Mavic? I really don't want to buy a mavic until I see Nougat on your list of compatible operating systems.
2016-10-25
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

We are working at getting out the Mavic to our early adopters.  Right now I am not sure the Nougat is high on their priorities.  We will bring it up.  Thank you for the notice.
2016-10-25
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

harold.mina@com Posted at 2016-10-1 03:33
I have Samsung S7 Edge and I keep reading that some users are experiencing issues with the DJI Go Ap ...

Yes, yes you will.

2016-10-25
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

josemadeira Posted at 2016-10-4 17:03
I use a S7 is it compatible????

NO!

It's all over this forum, the app ratings on the Play store and other forums that the S7 keeps rebooting when running the app produced by DJI.

We're told this is a Samsung problem.

When a Nexus phone, Google's own brand, running pure Androd also crashes or reboots when running the app produced by DJI, that is also a Samsung problem. Or something like that.
2016-10-25
Use props
CheckYourSix
lvl.2

United States

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2016-10-25 11:46
We are working at getting out the Mavic to our early adopters.  Right now I am not sure the Nougat i ...

Thanks Ed. It's important to realize Android is the most popular OS on phones. PLEASE keep us updated on the response from your engineers. When looking at the reviews from the Google Play store for the DJI Go App, the reviews from the latest version are full of Android users complaining about app crashes. Could you please let the engineers who are working with the GO Apps phone compatibility know that we need a response?

Since you're not sure if it's a priority, can they make it one?
Could you ask them to let us know when Nougat will be compatible with Mavic?

I'm sure I speak for a lot of other Nougat and Nexus 6P owners in that we'd like to buy a Mavic but are holding back our orders if the app won't work. Some information, like yes, it should be ready in 2 weeks or no we're not working on it - would help a lot. Let them know that their response is important to many interested buyers.

Thanks again for the reply.
2016-10-26
Use props
bleyten
lvl.2

CheckYourSix Posted at 2016-10-27 01:28
Thanks Ed. It's important to realize Android is the most popular OS on phones. PLEASE keep us updat ...

DJI consistently shows no love for Android across all their products which, like you said, is the OS on the majority of smartphones which makes this very confusing and frustrating. I've experienced the same problem with my Osmo Mobile, lacking features that are available on iOS. I really want the Mavic but I'm gonna hold out on purchasing it, or any other DJI products, until I get some confirmation they are providing the same features with Android as they do with iOS.
2016-10-26
Use props
manhoolee
lvl.1

China

Will anyone who received the Mavic pro do some test with an android phone? It seems many of us are worried about the quality of the android Dji go APP.

and if the phone is not fast enough, how much it will efect to the control?
2016-10-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

manhoolee Posted at 2016-10-27 10:47
Will anyone who received the Mavic pro do some test with an android phone? It seems many of us are w ...

I have a Samsung S6 and it works just fine.
Here is the list of DJI recommended devices.

ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.
2016-10-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

bleyten Posted at 2016-10-27 10:17
DJI consistently shows no love for Android across all their products which, like you said, is the O ...

There's a few that IOS has that Android does not
But there's also some features that Android has that IOS does not.
I wrote down some of them as I was testing both devices, so I can tell you that info tomorrow.
2016-10-26
Use props
manhoolee
lvl.1

China

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-27 10:49

thanks a lot!
2016-10-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

No problem at all.
2016-10-26
Use props
Osmany
New

France

ANDROID not supported here. I've a LG G5, and it doesnt' work on a nother motorola. Just Iphone... ((((
2016-11-2
Use props
fansc5a63adb
lvl.1

United States

No LG G3 didn't work. Headed to buy a new phone now
2016-11-4
Use props
fans6723f490
lvl.1

United States

I used a BLU Studio X Plus d770u running Android 5.0.1 with my P3S so I presumed it would work fine on the Mavic. Unfortunately the phone is not connecting to the RC correctly. It does not display the camera when the camera button eventually does show up. I do have the latest version of DJI GO and I finally got the firmware updated on all the DJI gear. Anyone have any ideas on how to get this phone working?
2016-11-11
Use props
MojoTojo
lvl.1
Philippines

Man oh man.. i just got my mavic, got all excited, only to find out that my LG G5 isn't supported! WTF DJI!? This is my very first DJI product and i'm already disappointed. I have high hopes I'll enjoy the mavic a lot, but for now it's grounded as I have no other phone and I dont want to shell out another $$$ for phone. This sucks big time.

Any word for support soon?

PS
i've had Parrot products since AR DRONE 1.0 to bebop 2 and i've never had any issues w/ any phone, it just works. Granted DJI offers much more features so i guess that makes the app dev more complicated, yet this is not an excuse for such a huge company with all sorts of promises
2016-11-15
Use props
Bruno REDON
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183602 ft
France

I use a low cost chinese phone ($100) , Cubot Dinosaur, There is a little latency, but it remains perfectly usable.
2016-11-16
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-27 10:49

Moto X Play won't let me access Intelligent Flight Modes.  Everytime I try it shows the screen and immediately disappears.
2016-11-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Lepus Posted at 2016-11-17 08:32
Moto X Play won't let me access Intelligent Flight Modes.  Everytime I try it shows the screen and ...

These are the DJI recommended devices.Try one from the list then see if it still disappears.
You have multiple flight modes enabled right?
2016-11-16
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-16 21:00
These are the DJI recommended devices.Try one from the list then see if it still disappears.
You ha ...

Anyone with a Nexus 6p that has actually used the Mavic with the latest version of DJI Go?
Nougat is the latest version of Android, and the Nexus 5x and 6p run vanilla android. This combined with the fact that more devices run Android than anything else (and far more than ios), I would hope that this would be the number one priority for DJI.
I have a Nexus 6p, LG G4, and a couple S6 phones as well, but the Nexus 6p is my daily driver. I already know my Nexus 7 worked flawlessly with the P4, so worst case, I can use that with the Mavic controller (if the iPad Mini fits, the Nexus 7 will fit even better)
So, anyone have any actual experience using a Nexus 6p with the Mavic?
2016-11-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dana5 Posted at 2016-11-17 23:57
Anyone with a Nexus 6p that has actually used the Mavic with the latest version of DJI Go?
Nougat  ...

It says the 6P is compatible so it should work.

iOS Version v3.1.0.
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android Version v3.1.0.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, LG V20, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.

*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.
2016-11-17
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-17 11:00
You ha ...

It worked today.  I have an old Galaxy S4 which I'm going to try.
2016-11-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Lepus Posted at 2016-11-18 05:57
It worked today.  I have an old Galaxy S4 which I'm going to try.

I don't even think the S4 would run the app, and if it does your probably not going to get video feed or if you do it will probably skip and lag.But if it FULLY works then that's great.
2016-11-17
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6627 ft
United Kingdom

Anyone tested with the iPhone SE?
2016-11-20
Use props
user1c0e58a901
New

United States

I have a Samsung note, every time I connect it promotes me to select a usb option. I've tried every usb setting nothing works. I've selected the usb debugging and am using latest android and mavic firmware. Any ideas would be helpful seeing I had it for like 3 weeks and haven't been able to fly.
2016-11-20
Use props
fans78cd02e1
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-1 04:10
The phone holder will hold up to a length of 160mm.
As far as minimum requirements to make the app w ...

Ken,
What is the cable or plug spec ... the end that connects into the RC on the lightning cable and all the phone cables?  Is it type of USB?
2016-11-28
Use props
DownUnderDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450472 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans78cd02e1 Posted at 2016-11-29 12:57
Ken,
What is the cable or plug spec ... the end that connects into the RC on the lightning cable a ...

It's Micro-USB
2016-11-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans78cd02e1 Posted at 2016-11-28 18:57
Ken,
What is the cable or plug spec ... the end that connects into the RC on the lightning cable a ...

The RC has a Micro USB on the side and standard USB on the bottom, it will come with short Micro USB cables for Lightning, Micro USB, and USB C.
2016-11-28
Use props
kcByfizTnnOh
lvl.1

United States

So I read that the dji go 4 app was released.  Does anyone know if that will help with the galaxy s7 issues?
2016-12-1
Use props
Homerlovesbeer
lvl.2

Australia

n0jzNj57tfjT Posted at 2016-10-5 20:21
Hi DJI Ken

Can my LG G3 support for marvic controller ?

LG G3 works perfectly.
2016-12-1
Use props
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-18 19:55
I hope it will to. I know the rubber in the holder has some give, hopefully it's enough for hold y ...

Yes, The Google Pixel fits the controller. A bit tight in the thick end, but still fine.

Some app issues though... The old DJI Go app is VERY unstable with my Google Pixel.

Sunday last weekend I did my first flights, and had LOTS of in-air crashes with the old app. I have now uninstalled it, rebooted the phone and re-installed the app (+ installed the new Go 4 app also, so having both available).

Earlier today I was out flying. One battery's flight with the old app, and another battery's flight with the new DJI Go 4 app. Both approx. 20 minutes flight time.

I had four in-air app crashes using the old app. None using the new app.

However, one thing worries me about the new app... When the old  app crashes, I can always just restart the app and quickly connect again. And I keep full control of the Mavic via the remote all the time. But yesterday when playing with the new  app at home (not flying), I noticed it several times "lost connection" (app-to-remote I assume, remote was still in contact with drone?) and app just "hang". The only way I found to get the app re-connected and running, was not only to restart the app, but I also had to restart the remote!!  So if that happens in air, I will either have to return and land without assistance from the app, or restart the remote while drone is hanging in the air. Neither sounds ideal to me :-/ ...

But still, I think my primary choice will be the new DJI Go 4 app for my Google Pixel. At least until I eventually experiences in-air app/remote trouble :-)
2016-12-3
Use props
sarge43
lvl.2
United States

In reading through a lot of these "will my  _________ phone work" threads, it seems that the only constant is that nothing works consistently.  I've seen the "approved list" and seen plenty of phones on that list have issues as well as phones not on the list work to a point as well.  Whether your phone is on the list or not, it simply seems hit or miss.  I don't get it.  I have both the go3 and the go4 apps on my phone, and the 4 seems to have fixed the intelligent flight modes for me (Driod Maxx 2), but neither app seems to want to stay connected to any point reliable enough for me to want to fly my Mavic too high or too far.  These issues seem to be across the board.  Look through the forum for threads on this.  I admit I know nothing about phones and the technical differences in them, but how can there be such wide discrepancies across all platforms if it's a phone issue and not an app issue?  If someone knows, please clue me in.  At this point, I'm hoping the P4P is a different animal as ti will be here Monday.  If so, it will be my "go to" drone for actual flying at any distance and the Mavic will be short and low until these things get figured out.
Sarge
2016-12-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

StigNygaard Posted at 2016-12-3 23:10
Yes, The Google Pixel fits the controller. A bit tight in the thick end, but still fine.

Some app  ...

For the Mavic, yes I would keep with the new app.
2016-12-3
Use props
chasiu75
lvl.3
Flight distance : 154885 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-4 07:57
For the Mavic, yes I would keep with the new app.

I couldn't even use the new app (4.0) with my Pixel today.  It lost connection before I even took off and would not reconnect.  I had to load the old app to get it to connect again.  
2016-12-3
Use props
fans4d624e51
lvl.3
Flight distance : 564190 ft
  • >>>
United States

chasiu75 Posted at 2016-12-3 18:40
I couldn't even use the new app (4.0) with my Pixel today.  It lost connection before I even took  ...

I experienced the same app crash on my Nexus 6p today. It appears to be caused by the caching of the flights files on the phone. I disabled this feature and the app performed flawlessly but you won't have your flights cached on the phone.  
2016-12-3
Use props
chasiu75
lvl.3
United States

fans4d624e51 Posted at 2016-12-4 10:23
I experienced the same app crash on my Nexus 6p today. It appears to be caused by the caching of t ...

I suspected that may be related in the back of my mind.  But when you say cached are you referring to the video cache or flight log cache?
2016-12-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

chasiu75 Posted at 2016-12-3 17:40
I couldn't even use the new app (4.0) with my Pixel today.  It lost connection before I even took  ...

Are you able to try one of the DJI recommended devices and see if you still see disconnects ?
2016-12-3
Use props
fans4d624e51
lvl.3
Flight distance : 564190 ft
  • >>>
United States

chasiu75 Posted at 2016-12-3 20:33
I suspected that may be related in the back of my mind.  But when you say cached are you referring ...

Video cache.
2016-12-3
Use props
chasiu75
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-4 11:37
Are you able to try one of the DJI recommended devices and see if you still see disconnects ?

Many others are reporting the same issues with approved devices. I don't think it will be worth it for me to spend another $700 for another phone just for my Mavic. The Google Pixel is the most offical Android phone you can get. DJI should really test and "approve" it.
2016-12-3
Use props
chasiu75
lvl.3
United States

fans4d624e51 Posted at 2016-12-4 12:20
Video cache.

I really would hate to loose that feature.
2016-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules