New 2016 Osmo+ (plus) Unusable blurry video all the time
14149 61 2016-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CravenMoorehead
New
Thailand

Parker Bol Posted at 2017-5-27 12:53
I am editing my video and I found some blurry vidz but sometimes not ! My explaination of the issue is that depends on range from the forefront and background. Very close objects or plans are "sharp" but if there is more than few meters, right side will be blurry. I didn't test zoom in and out but a misconception of one of the lens or alignment could explain this issue.
Do you have the same behaviour with your dji osmo+ with close and far objects ?
I am also very disappointed by a 700€ cam with a lot of accessories that I will have to sell if DJI didn't move a finger. I was interested by a DJI drone but I think I will have to find another brand and if it's possible a serious one.

Thanks for the feedback.  I have been so busy at work so I have not had the time to totally test and research every single thing; however I thought I was going to get sharp crisp media out of the box which did not happen.  I have come to the option that the Osmo Plus like most if not all other actions cams just don’t perform well in low light, so it won’t be easy to take non-mushy video on the fly in low light.  

On the issue of blurry and totally unusable film outside, well that too is a challenge.  It does not seem to matter if I am close or far, tap to focus or infinity, I still can’t get that HD quality image…..but I am still trying.   What did help while on a motorbike was to reduce to 1080p at 48 FPS, which cleaned it up a bit.  I too bought pretty much every accessory and I just bought the Osmo mobile so at least I can use them as it is a waste.  I figured if I need my phone (Samsung S7 edge) anyway I might was well be taking media with it and at this stage it is far better than the Osmo plus anyway.

Like they say, DJI is a drone manufacture NOT a camera company.  So their drones are world class, but this thing called the Osmo ….  Let face it, the functions and everything about the Osmo is great, every detail really, but the camera or the software to run it is not working properly And the whole reason you buy a camera is to achieve quality media… That is the most important thing and I hope someone at Dji puts some time in to this product to fix this issue.  

Good luck to you.
2017-5-28
Use props
Parker Bol
lvl.1

France

Thank you. I hope too
2017-5-28
Use props
Parker Bol
lvl.1

France

Up DJI !!!
2017-6-1
Use props
fans7c2e9d8c
lvl.1
United States

I have the same issue on a brand new unit after the latest update. I worked on this all day and found under the gimbal and camera settings there is a option for RESET as the last option I did this on both restarted the camera and ran the zoom in and out a few times and calibrated the gimbal and it is now working as it did prior to the last update.

See if this helps anyone else. mine is very sharp now. But I just bought mine so I may exchange it because im afrid there could be an issue with these.

2017-6-9
Use props
Parker B
New
France

Hi Fans. I returned my Osmo+ because when I believed as you did it was ok, only one restart later, the same issue appears again. I am editing a tons of vids and I cry everytime I met this issue I just returned it back this morning. Because of all accessories bought few weeks ago, I asked a replacement to a classical Osmo ... I have to wait an answer from my supplier.
2017-6-12
Use props
Catalyst23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 147772 ft
China

In chinese forum of Dji, Many chinese users are facing this problem.
2017-6-20
Use props
Gideon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 45249 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

Having the same focus problem since I bought it after month released,  Dji guys your product pls make it right were not having fun, send more engrs. to help fix it. dont make another upgrade until you made a fix becuase you`re sending away your loyal customers?
2017-7-28
Use props
fansdb8b8a90
New
Flight distance : 16896 ft
Philippines

I have the same problem.. and a lot of noise in low light scene.. can this also be enhance?.
2017-8-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Gideon Posted at 2017-7-28 17:20
Having the same focus problem since I bought it after month released,  Dji guys your product pls make it right were not having fun, send more engrs. to help fix it. dont make another upgrade until you made a fix becuase you`re sending away your loyal customers?

Gideon, please use auto focus at the moment rather than infinite focus, our engineers are working hard on improving the quality in infinite focus. Sorry for the inconvenience caused, please pay attention to the future release in our website about the firmware. Thanks for your understanding.
2017-8-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansdb8b8a90 Posted at 2017-8-1 04:36
I have the same problem.. and a lot of noise in low light scene.. can this also be enhance?.

Please check the post on 49# about the blurry video quality.
The noise will be increased in dark environment because the ISO will need to be increased to ensure the exposure. All cameras have this issue in poor light environment more or less. You can try to reduce the noise with third party program.
2017-8-2
Use props
Gideon
lvl.3
  • >>>
Philippines

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-2 01:57
Gideon, please use auto focus at the moment rather than infinite focus, our engineers are working hard on improving the quality in infinite focus. Sorry for the inconvenience caused, please pay attention to the future release in our website about the firmware. Thanks for your understanding.

I`m very sure to wait since I turn down offers from buying my O plus bec its very useful to me and hoping you guys have know how to fix this. so until now waiting for the coming update! thks God Bless!
2017-8-14
Use props
Gideon
lvl.3
  • >>>
Philippines

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-2 02:02
Please check the post on 49# about the blurry video quality.
The noise will be increased in dark environment because the ISO will need to be increased to ensure the exposure. All cameras have this issue in poor light environment or or less. You can try to reduce the noise with third party program.

oops sorry its not address to me hehe!
2017-8-14
Use props
Papaulo.martins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2141201 ft
Brazil

Estou passando apuros com o OSMO plus as imagens ficam desfocadas Um lixo, como pode uma empresa como a DJI lançar um prduto com um defeito tão grave??
2017-8-16
Use props
Papaulo.martins
lvl.2
Brazil

OSMO plus the images are blurry
2017-8-16
Use props
Papaulo.martins
lvl.2
Brazil

Papaulo.martins Posted at 2017-8-16 08:54
OSMO plus the images are blurry

I'm having trouble with OSMO plus the images are blurry
A rubbish, how can a company like DJI launch a product with such a serious defect ??
2017-8-16
Use props
LensmanDave
lvl.3

United Kingdom

You may have a faulty camera but I get pin sharp video from my osmo+
2017-8-16
Use props
Slendermouse
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37444 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, Sorry to hear about your bike footage being ruined. It seems to be the people that have bought them more recently and those that have done the latest updates.
Personaly i've had no problems at all that were not user error, but I have not updated it recently.

I found this video on this forum of a guy  with Osmo+ on a mountain bike and it looks awesome.
He has it mounted on his chest. Hope this link works
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D515%26typeid%3D515
So maybe yours is faulty??
2017-8-18
Use props
Gideon
lvl.3
  • >>>
Philippines

new OSMO+ Firmware v1.6.1.00  is out thanks DJI guys its better than previous infinite focus but very good in AF only if I focus square a little bit off center to the right side is Sharp! like gopro or better??? the infinite or auto exposure doesnt do much good thou?
p.s. after gimbal auto-calibrating
2017-8-31
Use props
UKdDjfpfNqth
New
North Macedonia

Just recceived my OSMO Plus , impression after 4 hours of  shooting at 4K 30fps , image quality looks so bad, when I compare with Phantom 4 the drone camera is way way more sharp. Never seen this bad 4k image before, I regret spending so much money for a camera that can be good for the 90's.
2018-2-28
Use props
TeamChrisAllen
lvl.2
United States

DJIUser101 Posted at 2017-1-17 06:45
Lipe-films,

Thanks for trolling the forum. Very helpful.

lol
2018-2-28
Use props
TeamChrisAllen
lvl.2
United States

fans3a35dc91 Posted at 2017-5-18 23:58
Those are the same images I am getting!

I noticed as well that the shots taken outside were amazing but any shots I've taken inside are quite poor.  It seems as if, if the lighting isn't good that the still will not come out clear at all.
2018-2-28
Use props
TeamChrisAllen
lvl.2
United States

Parker Bol Posted at 2017-5-27 12:53
I am editing my video and I found some blurry vidz but sometimes not ! My explaination of the issue is that depends on range from the forefront and background. Very close objects or plans are "sharp" but if there is more than few meters, right side will be blurry. I didn't test zoom in and out but a misconception of one of the lens or alignment could explain this issue.
Do you have the same behaviour with your dji osmo+ with close and far objects ?
I am also very disappointed by a 700€ cam with a lot of accessories that I will have to sell if DJI didn't move a finger. I was interested by a DJI drone but I think I will have to find another brand and if it's possible a serious one.

I think the drones are on a whole different and much better level than the Osmo line from what I've read on the threads but I don't have a drone so I can't say for a fact. My friend has a DJI drone and is well pleased.
2018-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules