Quality Mavic Footage and Reviews
3679 37 2016-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
landinsoroko
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17943 ft
Australia

I just decicded to go through with my purchase of the Mavic but not after comprehensive searching of all the information I could find.

This included comparing different drones' features, quality and price. What I struggled to find was good sources for video examples in terms of video quality (an important factor to me)

This thread is for sharing examples of high quality Mavic footage.
Here are the best examples for Mavic video I could find in 4k (no focus issue):

Great Mavic Reviews!:

Post the best videos you've found below!

2016-10-1
Use props
cjmc
lvl.2

Serious horizon tilt in that first one. Looks like we are going to have to persevere with horizon issues again
2016-10-1
Use props
CanYouEvenPhoto
lvl.2
Australia

cjmc Posted at 2016-10-1 20:36
Serious horizon tilt in that first one. Looks like we are going to have to persevere with horizon is ...

Yes I saw someone say it's not one of the areas they have improved on.
2016-10-1
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

cjmc Posted at 2016-10-1 03:36
Serious horizon tilt in that first one. Looks like we are going to have to persevere with horizon is ...

There can be many causes for Horizon tilt.  You can find example videos of tilted horizon for the P2, P3, P4 and Inspire too.  (As well as other brands.)   Proper calibration and firmware updates usually solve these issues.  I would expect the same for Mavic.  The most probable cause it operator error.  If you don't calibrate properly you can expect a tilted horizon.  And there are manual controls to level it anyways.  If your horizon is tilted YOU just failed to set up your shot correctly.
2016-10-1
Use props
cjmc
lvl.2

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-1 23:42
There can be many causes for Horizon tilt.  You can find example videos of tilted horizon for the  ...

I guess though I've been taking off with fine horizons and during the flight they have tilted which is annoying though I can adjust it manually
2016-10-1
Use props
Marco Cantieni
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1630453 ft
Germany

I've just found this: 4K Hong Kong
2016-10-1
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Marco Cantieni Posted at 2016-10-1 13:08
I've just found this: 4K Hong Kong .

Thanks for the post...
2016-10-1
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Better than Mavric?  SPICE 110.
2016-10-1
Use props
Marco Cantieni
lvl.2

Tilted horizon issue?
2016-10-2
Use props
skyrider420
Banned

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-10-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Here's a great Mavic review

2016-10-2
Use props
CanYouEvenPhoto
lvl.2
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-3 08:34
Here's a great Mavic review

https://youtu.be/v7V5K_-0Un4

Agreed, this review is my favourite by far! Makes me feel great about my preorder
2016-10-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

CanYouEvenPhoto Posted at 2016-10-3 13:50
Agreed, this review is my favourite by far! Makes me feel great about my preorder

You will not be disappointed
2016-10-3
Use props
cldth62
lvl.3
Flight distance : 222621 ft

When will DJI correct horizonrail plane tilt issue?  
2016-10-3
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

cldth62 Posted at 2016-10-3 15:41
When will DJI correct horizonrail plane tilt issue?

About the same time the pilot notices and presses the button to level it.

It's not different than the P2, P3, P4 or Inspire.  If you are too lazy or too stupid to check the level before recording the video you get tilted videos.

It''s like asking when is DJI going to solve the problem of photographers who forget to take the lens cap off and make a black exposure?  Answer: NEVER.

OPERATOR ERROR.
2016-10-3
Use props
Marco Cantieni
lvl.2

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-4 07:14

It's not different than  ...

Sound logic. Would you please tell us how to level the tilt before the take off? This might sound like a stupid question but I discover more and more test shots of the Mavic with tilted horizon.
2016-10-4
Use props
Travelling Dron
lvl.2

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-4 07:14

what does "level" mean sorry I am new to the drone stuff, does that mean just adjusting the camera?
2016-10-4
Use props
Lepus
lvl.3

Canada

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2016-10-4
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

The gimbal calibration and manual gimbal adjustment is accomplished in the DJI Go app.  Most likely works the same way for Mavic.

2016-10-4
Use props
vpTutYoGqUQ7
lvl.1

Canada

This one is in Dutch but it seems to be one of the better ones so far. Let's keep em coming when we find any!
2016-10-5
Use props
Mimoid
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1098940 ft
Sweden

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-4 01:14

Yes, except for the rare occasions where you encounter a Compass Error. I usually spot that error by noticing that the horizon starts to tilt like crazy - 15-20 degrees. It happens now and then, so I am not too worried any more, I just switch to Atti mode and fly home using the camera image only (RTH would probably fail). Recalibrate the compass and that's it. No biggie.

/// Tom
2016-10-6
Use props
KLRico
lvl.2
Flight distance : 428448 ft
United States

Mimoid Posted at 2016-10-6 06:31
Yes, except for the rare occasions where you encounter a Compass Error. I usually spot that error  ...

Is that a still a problem with P4 and Mavic? I thought it was solved with the dual INU's.
2016-10-6
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Here is a very "gutsy" shot of the Golden Gate Bridge.  I can definitely tell you that winds up there are fierce.

2016-10-8
Use props
vpTutYoGqUQ7
lvl.1

Canada

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-8 15:06
Here is a very "gutsy" shot of the Golden Gate Bridge.  I can definitely tell you that winds up ther ...

That is amazing footage but I have doubts that it was taken by a Mavic. It has sale links in the description, its only in 720p and there is something a bit odd that this channel has only 13 subs, and all its videos were supposedly shot with a Mavic at different places all over the world and all uploaded at once today.
2016-10-8
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Yeah...  There seems to be a bunch of people out posting random old drone footage claiming to be Mavic footage.  I guess they are just trying to monetize click bait...
2016-10-9
Use props
UAVMan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4747 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've noticed the 'Drone Guy' on youtube seems to be one of the phishing idiots!!
2016-10-9
Use props
cjmc
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Yeah I'm pretty sure thats not someone with a Mavic. Their control of the drone was pretty poor
2016-10-9
Use props
KLRico
lvl.2
United States

This one is in Chinese, but the translated subtitles are suprisingly understandable. They do a range test, which is something I haven't seen anyone else do yet. (4:27)
2016-10-9
Use props
Ae8Mz5DuDrNF
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Very good quality footages by Ken Booth, can also download the original raw file from Dropbox link under the YouTube page.

2016-10-11
Use props
4MvAlgjhM122
lvl.1

Netherlands

I found that a lot of video's on Youtube stating they where shot with DJI Mavic Pro where not shot with an actual Mavic. Sometimes even the shadow of a Phantom is obvious. It seems that every video with a  description containing the phrase "Get 20% DJI Mavic Pro Discount" are 'bad'. Be aware...
2016-10-11
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Ae8Mz5DuDrNF Posted at 2016-10-11 10:26
Very good quality footages by Ken Booth, can also download the original raw file from Dropbox link u ...

So this is some of the first raw footage I have seen from a Mavic.  (If it is indeed from a Mavic Pro?)

(There are no props in the frame.  So I am willing to believe it is.)

One thing I notice is some exposure stepping at about 33 seconds.  But that's to be expected if you don't lock the exposure.  There are some compression artifacts as well.  But nothing that seems significantly different than my P3 camera.  Looks sharp enough.  Overall I think it's OK.  Perhaps not quite as sharp as P3 or P4 but plenty good for my needs.
2016-10-11
Use props
baychilla
lvl.2

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-9 05:06
Here is a very "gutsy" shot of the Golden Gate Bridge.  I can definitely tell you that winds up ther ...

That channel has a history of floating videos that claim to be one thing but arent.  Also, that "flight" used to capture the video is illegal for a number of reasons.
2016-10-11
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

baychilla Posted at 2016-10-11 15:20
That channel has a history of floating videos that claim to be one thing but arent.  Also, that "f ...

Hence my comment about "gutsy".  I doubt you could go to that location today and pull it off without getting arrested.
2016-10-11
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

New footage that demonstrates follow me with and without Terrain Follow mode turned on and then off:
2016-10-12
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4
Flight distance : 354131 ft

vpTutYoGqUQ7 Posted at 2016-10-9 08:56
That is amazing footage but I have doubts that it was taken by a Mavic. It has sale links in the d ...

Exactly, this footage is unlikely to be a DJI Mavic Pro.

Also, it is *ILLEGAL* to fly over or under or even within a certain yardage of the Golden Gate Bridge. There is a security team that actively monitors for these. There are a lot of bridges where you can get away with this, but the Golden Gate Bridge is just asking for fine/jailtime.
2016-10-12
Use props
BlueSky2016
New

United Kingdom

Hi guys/gals, i think this may well be my first post here on the forums. I am looking into purchasing the Mavic after watching the launch stream online, I have been interested in buying a drone for some time and was very tempted to purchase the P4 however, now that the Mavic has been released/being released I think this will be my first drone.

I just wanted to post up a YouTube channel that I believe uses the drone for his shots, Jon Olsson was at the launch event for DJI, if you check out some of his videos there are multiple instances where he has it and is using it.

Here is his first user test, I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, I have been watching the forums since the launch and have appreciated all the videos and reviews posted previously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i9Uo_szlqU
2016-10-13
Use props
KLRico
lvl.2
United States

Tom's Tech Time has a pretty thorough 40 minute review out.

2016-10-20
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

KLRico Posted at 2016-10-21 15:25
Tom's Tech Time has a pretty thorough 40 minute review out.

https://youtu.be/Er14AtwT59k

ty for sharing good review
2016-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules