THE MAVIC UK RIPOFF?
20310 48 2016-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brela
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5755 ft
United Kingdom

The real RIPOFF is DJI only dispatching a trickle or even zero Mavics to UK sellers. UK sellers who paid DJI for these Mavics and took pre-orders - even charging customers such as myself months ago!
It is also not fair on these customers or UK companies who are receiving negative reviews from angry customers while DJI are now happily shipping Mavics direct with one week shipping! Maybe this was their strategy all along? More money for DJI if they sell direct...

I ordered my DJI Mavic Pro "Ultimate Bundle" from Drones Direct which prides itself at being the "UKs largest official DJI partner" and "DJI Tier 1 dealer" on the 1st of November for £1247.
Apparently Drones Direct also paid DJI for 300 units too. I have not been able to find a single person online who has received a Mavic from Drones Direct however!

DJI is only sending UK retailers such as Maplin a small percentage of what they ordered - Going by my order queue position Maplin they are currently only receiving something like only 10 mavic fly more combos per week!

A lot of people who ordered from retailers months ago at a lower price are being told that wait is currently March! The only option to get a Mavic within a reasonable time frame is to order direct from DJI at considerably higher price! This really takes the biscuit! Not cool DJI.
2017-1-16
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

srry duplcate
2017-1-16
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-1-16
Use props
AyrshireUAV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 957297 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

America doesn't enjoy the same levels of consumer protection as we do though. Every cloud...
2017-1-16
Use props
MATTHEW AMESBUR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 306302 ft
United Kingdom

It's gone up to £1099 now. I would happily pay the us price £800 but £1099 is rediculous.
2017-3-25
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

MATTHEW AMESBUR Posted at 2017-3-25 03:28
It's gone up to £1099 now. I would happily pay the us price £800 but £1099 is rediculous.

Did you not read any of the posts above ? Its because of different tax and import duty rates between countries.
2017-3-25
Use props
radiocaroline
lvl.1

The EU puts customs tax on that’s why things more expensive buy direct from China I saved £300 on my drone this one reason to brexit ASAP
2019-9-20
Use props
mavic2zoom-ch
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5547667 ft

radiocaroline Posted at 9-20 05:21
The EU puts customs tax on that’s why things more expensive buy direct from China I saved £300 on my drone this one reason to brexit ASAP

Why dredge up a two year old thread?If you think the price of Chinese goods will drop in the UK when (if) we Brexit, then you'll have a shock coming.
2019-9-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>

radiocaroline Posted at 9-20 05:21
The EU puts customs tax on that’s why things more expensive buy direct from China I saved £300 on my drone this one reason to brexit ASAP

You’ll most likely pay more until your country arranges a trade deal with China that should take around 5 years, so maybe you might save a few quid on Mavic Pro 6, until then expect to pay a lot more, I think since the vote on brexit 3 years ago your sterling is now worth 25% less, so so far brexit is costing you dearly .
2019-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules