DJI GO + OSMO + IPOD TOUCH 5th GEN
3840 3 2016-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maka
lvl.1

Hello folks,
Does anyone could advice me on using Osmo or even phantom 4 with an ipod touch 5th Gen?
I was travelling for a job and using iphone 6. It worked fine with Osmo, but the main problem is that the iphone was mine 'personal' and sometimes I had to handle the Osmo to other guys for the hole day...so I can't keep using my personal mobile.
As I'm travelling again next week, I'd suggest my 'client' to get an ipod 5th gen, 16 or 32Gb (which is affordable) so we could keep it with osmo all the time...
I know DJI list does not say about ipod, but maybe you guys have already tested...

I'm lookinf foward for an answer!
Cheers,
paulo.
2016-10-1
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi, I use a ipod touch 32gb (6th gen) for the osmo, and it works very well, now with ios 10.0.2 no problem,
as for the phantom 4 the ipod is a bit small still works well but the screen is to small, so I have Ipad mini 4 I use with the p4.
Something around the 32gb would be a good start, I think 16gb is just a little to small, will still work fine, but over a period of time you will put other apps on it and pics, videos etc, and it will slow the device down when trying to use the very demanding dji go app.
2016-10-1
Use props
maka
lvl.1

Thank you!
Actually I'm dealing an iPod touch 5th Gen, 32GB. Do you think it'd also work. I'd use it mainly for osmo monitoring...
if it doesn't work, I'll try to find an 6th thou.
regards
2016-10-2
Use props
gzman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

maka Posted at 2016-10-2 06:41
Thank you!
Actually I'm dealing an iPod touch 5th Gen, 32GB. Do you think it'd also work. I'd use it ...

I noticed the ipod touch is NOT listed as a compatible device.  Did you have any problems with activation and/or any glitches in the dji go app operation?
2016-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules