1098 15 2016-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CROSS OVER
lvl.1
Flight distance : 149938 ft
Lebanon

Hello

This morning my phantom 4 has crashed over the highest bridge in lebanon.
Completly my fault as I coudn't realise if the drone was out of the bridge (in the free space) to lift it up over the bridge.
The monitor screen was too shinny to see the drone position due to the strong brightness of sunlight on the screen.

Bottom line, the drone hit the bridge from underknees and fail straight from 42 meters.

Now, I have collected few parts from the drone  but I couldn't find the cam as it was detached from the drone. The drone was hit on a rock area and covered by trees.

What can I do with the left parts from the drone?

Motors are good, no damages
Controller is like new (one month of use)
Battery was completly damaged
Propellers were damaged
The drone was damaged severly from one side.

Any suggestions?

Can I order from dji the drone only?
Would my controller operate a different phantom 4 drone?

Thx
20161002_085514.jpg
20161002_085139.jpg
2016-10-1
Use props
MGR57
lvl.2

United States

You can eBay the controller.
2016-10-1
Use props
MGR57
lvl.2

United States

New motors are about 50 bucks....you can try eBay on them too.
2016-10-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Hey, I'm sorry to read about your accident.
Yes, you should be able to purchase the new Phantom 4 by itself, if they are available already
Ah, also you'll be able to use your original radio controller, with the new Phantom.
You will need to link the new drone to the RC, when you eventually get it.

Good luck.

RedHotPoker

2016-10-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello sir, really sorry to hear about the badly crash. I think the best course of action would be to buy a new aircraft without the remote controller and battery charger. Just as RedHotPoker said, you need to link them again when you get it.
Hope this link helps, before making a decision to buy it from our online store, please check details about shipment with our before-sales team.
http://store.dji.com/product/pha ... and-battery-charger
2016-10-2
Use props
CROSS OVER
lvl.1
Lebanon

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-10-2 16:26
Hello sir, really sorry to hear about the badly crash. I think the best course of action would be to ...

Hi all and thx for all your suggestions. I really appreciate it.
The process is different here in Lebanon concerning drones. But will find a way.
2016-10-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

CROSS OVER Posted at 2016-10-2 16:38
Hi all and thx for all your suggestions. I really appreciate it.
The process is different here in  ...

It's fine, if you need any further help, please feel free to contact our tech support at support@dji.com
2016-10-2
Use props
calls4u2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

Or you could buy a replacement shell and have a go at a cost effective repair. Adding the camera again however would likely prove expensive.
2016-10-2
Use props
CROSS OVER
lvl.1
Lebanon

calls4u2 Posted at 2016-10-2 18:22
Or you could buy a replacement shell and have a go at a cost effective repair. Adding the camera aga ...

Hi again,

I think I would buy a new one and keep the old one. I believe it is not worth selling what left from the old one.
I wish that DJI company thought about fixing one sensors on the top back of the drone where the DJI logo is placed. I think a sensor will be more an added value to avoid such accident like the one I had.

The drone hit the bridge from under knees as I was lifting the drone to go above the bridge. Being away for 262 m from the drone, I couldn't figure out that the drone is still under the bridge.

I was looking directly with my eye to the drone while I was lifting it up and I saw it crashing into the bridge. If I had a sensor on the top back, the drone had to stop going up.

I am sharing this here because I want you guys to beware of such un-responsible moves with your drone and to avoid such accident.

It costed me a lot for such a mistake but it was meant to happen for me.

I don't know how to arrange myself to buy a new one so I can complete my project about filming Lebanon from the sky. I was half way to finish my project filmed by Phantom 4 but now I dont know what to do.
Good Luck for all and be sure that this Phantom 4 is the most perfect drone ever to film landscaping and nature footage. Just avoid hyper moves... You need to be relaxed and calm when you deal with phantom 4.

Regards to all.
bridge.jpg
bridge1.jpg
bridge2.jpg
bridge3.jpg
2016-10-2
Use props
Gstan30117
lvl.3
Flight distance : 228645 ft
United States

Buy the parts and rebuild, that's what I did.
2016-10-2
Use props
smstagar15
lvl.2

Beautiful out there brother....Hard to comprehend all the death that happens in that area of the world
2016-10-2
Use props
calls4u2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

Some nice pics man, and good that you are sharing your experience so we can learn from it. I agree with what you say about the sensors, full 360 should be achievable and I'm sure that'll come with one of the future Phantoms.

Any more footage online, so good to see different parts of the world, so very different landscape to here.
2016-10-2
Use props
CROSS OVER
lvl.1
Lebanon

Gstan30117@hotm Posted at 2016-10-2 23:41
Buy the parts and rebuild, that's what I did.

Hi Gstan,

Thx for sharing, but the thing here in Lebanon that they don't sell spare parts. Dealers are selling just the drones here. I need to ship it somewhere maybe to china, Europe or the states.
More than that you need an experienced technician to do so. I will always have a bad memory with the same drone. will let you know guys...
2016-10-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

The Love of my life was a beautiful Lebanese girl.  Born in Beirut.

Anyway, I wish that you figure out how to replace or repair that crashed shell.

Good luck, I'm hopeful for you. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-10-3
Use props
CROSS OVER
lvl.1
Lebanon

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-10-3 18:03
The Love of my life was a beautiful Lebanese girl.  Born in Beirut.

Anyway, I wish that you figure  ...

thank you for the wish.... I hope guys one day you will be able to visit us here. I will share later some footage with you from Lebanon. I did some already so beautiful landscape and Phonecian castles but I am not going to release them until I finish filming the other cities.

I bought the last piece left of P4, as they guy said from the store that he will not be able to get any drones as they stopped importing them to Lebanon. Why we do not know, but at the other hand if you do have one, you can get a permit to fly them in specific areas.... confusing dahhh??? aat least for me.

Anyways, will drop by later....

Regards....
2016-10-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

We are all only wishing for the very best outcome for you. Hopefully, you can get this matter straightened out and dealt with in a happy way for all involved.
Please do share more wonderful pics and video of your incredibly beautiful country.

I for one, am looking forward to seeing what else you share with us. Thanks.

RedHotPoker
2016-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules