iphone Phantom wifi says no internet connection? No camera/vid view.
43007 35 2016-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jonathan
lvl.2

United States

Using iPhone 6I have been able to connect just fine. I have not flown in a few months. When I fired everything up and tried to connect to the Phantom wifi signal, it sort of did so, but has an orange message under the Phantom name that reads, "No internet connection, but does have the blue check to the left of Phantom.

My Phantom App on iphone DOES show the copter battery level, satellite connections etc., and there is a green light on that first screen that shows the phone being connected . . . BUT there is no camera image, and there is that No Internet Connection thing where I select the PHantom wifi connection. I can fly, I can see telemetry, just no camera/video feed . . . which I why I purchased this thing in the first place.

What is happening?? Everything is up to date. My copter is in pristine shape, no crashes or hard landings, ever.  My phone is working great.

Help??
Jon

2016-10-1
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Am assuming you have a standard.  When you connect your device to trhe P3 Standard via wifi,  you will not have an internet connection.  You are merely connected to the Phantom,  which has no internet connection.  This has nothing to do with your video feed though.  I suspect a setting in your device,  since the Phantom connects and flies correctly.  Does it record video on its sd card?
2016-10-1
Use props
jonathan
lvl.2

United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-10-2 05:10
Am assuming you have a standard.  When you connect your device to trhe P3 Standard via wifi,  you wi ...

I have a Phantom 2 vision plus, not Phantom 3 . . . does that make a difference? My transmitter is the upgraded version (not sure what you're referring to as 'standard?')

J
2016-10-1
Use props
jonathan
lvl.2

United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-10-2 05:10
Am assuming you have a standard.  When you connect your device to trhe P3 Standard via wifi,  you wi ...

Yes, it is able to put pix on the sd card, which I can view from my phone, so the connection is there. No clue what setting could cause no FPV and that No internet connection message (in iphone settings, wifi, where I choose Phantom), but I think they are connected.
2016-10-1
Use props
jonathan
lvl.2

United States

Now I am not getting the No Internet Connection error, BUT the dang app is failing to connect with the Phantom!!!! So now I cannot even see telemetry, but there's no connection error in my iphone settings.

THe app was working, except the FPV, but now it's not.

Ug.
jon
2016-10-1
Use props
jonathan
lvl.2

United States

In order to connect the range extender, I have to try the Phantom connection 8-10 times, and it will say "Unable to join" . . . but I keep trying over and over and over, and eventually it successfully connects as above (no "no internet connection" message).

This update has really jacked something up. To summarize:
1) Was able to connect to Phantom range extender via iphone6, but there was "No Internet Connection" message under the name of the connection.
2) BUT the Phantom app was showing a green dot by the Phantom name on the first page where you can select Camera, Settings etc. This indicated that it was, in fact, connected, despite #1 above.
3) With these issues, I could see telemetry etc just fine in the app, just no FPV. Pix/video could be taken (just no FPV of what I was taking pic of) , stored on sd card, and seen in library via app.
4) Then there was trouble getting the phantom connection, in the wifi settings, to successfully connect . . . but if I repeated the attempt 8-10 times, it would connect and WITHOUT the "no internet connection" message. . .I was happy to see this and thought it was fixed. . . BUT
5) With the successful connection, the app no longer connects to the Phantom in spite of green dot on that intro screen. . . ie I cannot see telemetry, satellite connections, battery levels etc. AND no FPV image.

So now I have a successful connection in iphone settings > wifi > phantom, a green dot in the app (by the phantom connection at top the front page of app), but get "Connection to Phantom Failed" error in the app.

So I can fly blind, with no telemetry etc, but do have a connection in iphone settings, I do have a green dot where it needs to be in app, but in worse shape than I was before when I could at least see battery life etc.

Help!
2016-10-1
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

jonathan@gatehe Posted at 2016-10-1 18:38
In order to connect the range extender, I have to try the Phantom connection 8-10 times, and it will ...

Ah.  Sorry,  my experience is limited to the Phantom 3 series,  so I will not be much help here.   Perhaps another member has some ideas.
2016-10-1
Use props
jonathan
lvl.2

United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-10-2 09:29
Ah.  Sorry,  my experience is limited to the Phantom 3 series,  so I will not be much help here.   ...

Thanks for the response Kneepuck. I'll post DJI's solution when I hear back.
2016-10-1
Use props
jonathan
lvl.2

United States

Got an email today from Support telling me to re-bind the range extender and camera. I had already done this 5 times (just to see if repeating it helped) with no changes. Will see what they say next. Hopefully not a quick jump to "mail it in, pay shipping, and pay us since its out of warranty and we'll fix the problem our update created."
2016-10-2
Use props
jonathan
lvl.2

United States

Now I am unable to bind. When I click the Binding item in the app, it says wi-fi- repeater connection failed.
2016-10-2
Use props
chad.lindsey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 280518 ft

Hey Jonathan,
Did you end up finding the solution to the problem? I am running into the exact same thing without any luck fixing it...

Thanks, Chad
2016-10-19
Use props
jonathan
lvl.2

United States

chad.lindsey@fr Posted at 2016-10-20 07:04
Hey Jonathan,
Did you end up finding the solution to the problem? I am running into the exact same t ...

Not yet. From what I can tell, the wifi module is sub-standard and is extremely susceptible to heat, which causes it to fail. I am going back and forth with support now, but cannot get any acknowledgement at all from them about using inferior parts. His last comment was "About the part quality, we cannot promise you it will never be broken again, for everything has a lifespan. Thank you."

Of course, I let him know that I am fully aware that no part lasts forever, but that a part failing right out of the box (some other users), and even with less than 40 flights is a flaw that results from their decision to use subpar designs/parts.

Naturally, he has implied that without them getting it and diagnosing it, there's no way to know for certain what happened (which is why I asked my question in this post). This gives them an out. But I am very persistent and will not turn loose of this. It is not fair that something should fail repeatedly, in exactly the same manner, including on new and only slightly used copters and customers have to pay for the repairs.
2016-10-19
Use props
Martin EST
lvl.1

Estonia

Check this out. http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D370%26typeid%3D370
2016-10-20
Use props
plumbfreeordie
lvl.2

United States

jonathan@gatehe Posted at 2016-10-1 17:03
Yes, it is able to put pix on the sd card, which I can view from my phone, so the connection is th ...

I have a post called "Bad companies" discussing DJI's response to this problem.  You should go there and chime in as I am the only one in the thread with this problem.  The rest of the people are saying I'm a jerk
2016-10-22
Use props
fans9940e894
New

United States

When selecting Phantom wifi, it states "security recommendations" and then "no internet connection". What is the process to remedy this?
2016-12-29
Use props
fans9940e894
New

United States

fans9940e894 Posted at 2016-12-29 20:46
When selecting Phantom wifi, it states "security recommendations" and then "no internet connection". What is the process to remedy this?

Phantom 2 Vision Plus when connecting to wifi "security recommendations" and "no internet connection" appears.

I have not been able to connect my phone to the drone's wifi since a recent phone update. Is anyone else fighting this problem? Any solutions?
2016-12-30
Use props
Deacm
New
United States

fans9940e894 Posted at 2016-12-30 06:52
Phantom 2 Vision Plus when connecting to wifi "security recommendations" and "no internet connection" appears.

I have not been able to connect my phone to the drone's wifi since a recent phone update. Is anyone else fighting this problem? Any solutions?

I just had the same thing happen with my DJI 3. It had worked just fine until I got a new iPhone 6s (my old phone was a iPhone 6) and now I get the 'no internet connection' warning. Any ideas?

Thanks
2017-1-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Deacm Posted at 2017-1-7 10:19
I just had the same thing happen with my DJI 3. It had worked just fine until I got a new iPhone 6s (my old phone was a iPhone 6) and now I get the 'no internet connection' warning. Any ideas?

Thanks

It was answered in post #2.
2017-1-7
Use props
fans1113b0a9
New
United States

I have a Phantom 2 Vision, and a Phantom Vision 2+. I have not flown them for over a year, and then they only had accumulated a few hours fight time each at the most.
I gave the Vision to my son for Christmas so he could learn to fly and take pictures. When we started up the phantom Vision we had the same "no video feed" issues, and everything else was ok, but no video feed.
So I started up my Vision 2+: same exact problems!!! DJI has intentionally crippled the older quadcopters to force us to buy new models. This is outrageous!
Online, there are thousands of posts with the same exact issues.
I was ready to place an order for the new Phantom 4 plus, even after I bought the Phantom 4 last spring.
Now I swear I will never trust DJI again, unless they resolve the problems they created.
2017-1-7
Use props
fans95b80583
lvl.1

United States

fans1113b0a9 Posted at 2017-1-7 19:34
I have a Phantom 2 Vision, and a Phantom Vision 2+. I have not flown them for over a year, and then they only had accumulated a few hours fight time each at the most.
I gave the Vision to my son for Christmas so he could learn to fly and take pictures. When we started up the phantom Vision we had the same "no video feed" issues, and everything else was ok, but no video feed.
So I started up my Vision 2+: same exact problems!!! DJI has intentionally crippled the older quadcopters to force us to buy new models. This is outrageous!

I am having the same problem, No wi-fi connection. I have tried everything I know and nothing works.
I can fly and control the Drone but can't see anything on my ipad or iphone so taking video is out.

It also said something about the repeater being out. Everything worked fine the last time it was out of it's case which was about 8 months ago. I don't know whether to trust DJI for another one or not. I thought about just buying the latest DJI drone before I found out it's not only me with the problem.
2017-2-7
Use props
fans95b80583
lvl.1

United States

I just tried mine outside and it says connection to Phantom failed but I still have control of drone. I tried to rebind and that failed also, it said code  not valid.

2017-2-7
Use props
fans95b80583
lvl.1

United States

I have the same problem, any fix yet
2017-2-7
Use props
Starman3466
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Maybe someone could help answer this for me my p3 standard i power on and my wifi comes on and I get all my video from the camera but on my iPhone 6 on my wifi where I have connected my p3 standard underneath it says no internet connection. So what does that mean cos I'm connected to my p3 and I've got video so what is this saying no internet connection for as its clearly connected the camera through my phone.
2017-3-4
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Starman3466 Posted at 2017-3-4 07:32
Maybe someone could help answer this for me my p3 standard i power on and my wifi comes on and I get all my video from the camera but on my iPhone 6 on my wifi where I have connected my p3 standard underneath it says no internet connection. So what does that mean cos I'm connected to my p3 and I've got video so what is this saying no internet connection for as its clearly connected the camera through my phone.

lets sort this out,.

the IOS devices will only show the internet connection symbol if the phone has an internet connection,
your connection to the quad is not an internet connection, more a local connection, let me explain further

internet.. the big place full of computers that provide data

your connection to the quad is more like an Intranet, similar to a collection of computers in an office where you can browse local files.

The android phones are a little more specific and will say that there is no internet connection and do you want to stay connected, this is because Android phones are always looking for an active internet connection to do things like update apps etc, if you see this message it is best to tick the yes box or else you risk the android phone disconnecting from the quad and switching to your 4G connection.
2017-3-4
Use props
FM tito
New

France

Any solution found for the original problem ? 1#
2017-3-11
Use props
fans3b6e26dc
lvl.1

United States

plumbfreeordie@ Posted at 2016-10-22 07:06
I have a post called "Bad companies" discussing DJI's response to this problem.  You should go there and chime in as I am the only one in the thread with this problem.  The rest of the people are saying I'm a jerk

Well,I am new to DJI Phantom 2 Vision + and basically have the same.I bought a pristeen and it all looks like never been used,BUTNo extender,so I bought another trans....Now have 2 #PVT581'S NOW HAVE A NEWER TRANS...ie:NPVT581...and it binded to the drone,,,and the extender..goes solid BUT after a few starts blinking again....NOw Part 2...Plugged in the camera...light goes green...IF you push the button camera will work,snaps & video(if you hold it in)..butcamera is all loose and sorta flops all over....this is long and I am sorry,also Android 7 installed the app...but when I tap camera...it turns off the WI-FI....so I don't want to try it out and take a chane of TRASHing it. Thanks for your time ...Barney.
2017-3-13
Use props
Starman3466
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Not that I know much of the workings of the phantoms but have you checked all the wire connections from the camera to the drone itself as it may just be a loose connection
2017-3-15
Use props
luluimim
New

United States

did you fix yours!! mine is doing the same thing exactly
2017-4-5
Use props
Lars-Ola
New

Sweden

I have a P2V+ with latest sw and all issues above. I figured the following out:
1 The "no internet Connection" doesnt impact the functionality so no worry about it.
2 I found the start up procedure is critical, always start remote and range extender first. Also wait a while before connecting to wifi to avoid repeated Connection trys.
3 If I start the P2V+ after charing batteries and my iPhone5 for the first time after a long pause (month) the live video Always works.
4 If remote and range extender shut down before P2V+ video will not reconnect after restart so shut down procedure is also important.
5 If live vide hang up here is how I get it working again
   a - pull out the battery from P2V+ so it is compleatly out of power
   b - restart the phone to compleatly reset the app
6 If the proper start up procedure is followed live vide is now working :-)
So the SW guys at DJI probably don't know how to do real time SW coping with all error cases users expose it to.
2017-8-17
Use props
Friendship7
lvl.2

United Kingdom

jonathan@gatehe Posted at 2016-10-1 13:56
I have a Phantom 2 vision plus, not Phantom 3 . . . does that make a difference? My transmitter is the upgraded version (not sure what you're referring to as 'standard?')

J

Please see this forum topic https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D370%26typeid%3D370 as it discusses the exact same 'no video' or 'black screen' in the DJI Vision app and a way it can be fixed.

Also see the following file http://www.filedropper.com/diagn ... hedjip2vwi-fimodule

This has happened to thousands of DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus users.
2017-8-17
Use props
fans04fc8724
lvl.1

Sweden

I have the same problem with no camera view. And no connection with rc and drone. It worked before the update I did today with the latest version Firmware on DJI.com for Phantom Vision+ and for my other 3 Advanced
Please can someone help!!
2017-8-18
Use props
fans04fc8724
lvl.1

Sweden

Any news on the problem? Dji update or response from them?
2017-8-18
Use props
zbynasek
New

Czechia

Same problem here I bought Phantom 3 today and I cant flying ... Its frustrating
2017-8-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Flying Busman Posted at 7-29 13:08
Old thread but still the same crap going on.I've just bought a phantom 2 as a starter drone. Boy, I wish I'd read through forums first. It flies great but other than that it is a crock of crap. No wifi connectivity and if it does actually detect the SSID it just tells me there's no internet connection. As a last resort (before I invoice DJI for the amount I've paid for their crock of crap),I am going to try an old Android phone as Apple devices are getting right pernickety with wifi especially 2.4GHz stuff. Watch this space!

If you read through this thread, you will find that previous posters say that the 'no internet connection' is not an issue, it is simply a statement of fact, that the connection via WiFi to the RC unit does not have internet connectivity. Just ignore it.
2020-7-29
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

It´s normal to have no internet connection via WIFI P2V and P3S(SE/4K) ditto.
2020-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules