New firmware v3.8 upgrade problem
1832 8 2015-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stephenbrink62.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 380522 ft
South Africa

Hi.......i upgraded the new firmware last night on my Phantom 2 vision plus v3 and all of a sudden flying today my gimble was playing up...it is jumping around up & down and when you get a slight downward angle and want to pan up with the camera...it goes straight down...so when i pan the camera up again it jitters and eventually goes to the normal position. I never had this problem on the v3.6.....now I have the problem with the new upgrade v3.8. Has anybody experienced this problem?

2015-2-1
Use props
isaac.greer.ema
lvl.1

United States

You upgraded the Phantom firmware or the Phantom Assistant software on your computer? The Phantom firmware should be 3.10 for the latest version. The new Assistant Software is 3.8.

I would try calibrating the gimbal control wheel. Here is a procedure for calibrating it

You can also calibrate it using the Assistant software
2015-2-1
Use props
contacto.sergio
New

Chile

Same problem here whit my PVP 2 v3. My Gimble doesn't work properly after i upgraded. Also star to give me a Gimble motor error or something  like that. The stick for gimble have the same problem like Stephenbrink62, but i can use the tilt whit the DJI VIsion up but whit de random Gimble motor error..
2015-2-1
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Recalibrate doing this.
093139rmq5ycusimuss1yb.gif
2015-2-1
Use props
stephenbrink62.
lvl.3
South Africa

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-2 04:41
Recalibrate doing this.

Ok great...i'll give it a try.....when I do this set up, does my control need to be connected to my pc via my RC System assistant?
2015-2-2
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

stephenbrink62. Posted at 2015-2-2 17:14
Ok great...i'll give it a try.....when I do this set up, does my control need to be connected to m ...

When you do this calibration, you do not need to be connected to the computer.  Just follow this to the letter.
2015-2-2
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The gimbal and the 2 switches are treated / interpreted differently than the sticks.

The sticks are interpreted as the raw data they provide the switches and the Gimbal control use a % of the value to interpret its position.

I.e the gimbal > 50% is one way < %50% the other way. I cannot remember which way is which as far us tilt up tilt down is concerned.

The switches do a <33%, is Down  >33% and <66% is middle and >66% is top. from memory.

So there is a lot of sensitivity around the mid point on the Gimbal control.

The procedure you need to follow is either use the RC assistant to Calibrate the Transmitter or a manually as Gerry has advised.

This will calibrate the resistance settings of the Sticks, Gimbal and Switches to set a mid and extreme point for them all.

This calibration is then used by the Analog to digital converter for encoding to the transmitter.

This calibrates the Transmitter but it does not calibrate the transmitter with the Phantom.

You then need to use the PT2 application to calibrate the Phantom with the transmitter. So you go through the switch and sticks adjustments again.

This calibrates the Receiver in the Phantom with the Transmitter signals.

A lot of people miss one or the other. It is in the manual but it is not all that clear.

Cheers

2015-2-2
Use props
stephenbrink62.
lvl.3
South Africa

Gerry1124....followed the steps you added & all's good. Gimble is working normally again. Thanks to all for you support. Greatly appreciated.
2015-2-2
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

stephenbrink62. Posted at 2015-2-3 13:30
Gerry1124....followed the steps you added & all's good. Gimble is working normally again. Thanks to  ...

Good for you,  Glad to help
Happy Flying!
2015-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules