Osmo Mobile YouTube Live with Wifi?
2927 5 2016-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gsciorio
lvl.1

United States

Hello everyone,

This is my first post. Super amped to have an Osmo Mobile. So far it's been great but I have a question regarding YouTube Live Streaming. I'm using an iPhone 6+ with iOS 10, connected to WiFi and when I stream I'm getting maybe 20FPS on either the front or rear iSight camera.

I'm guessing that live streaming portion of DJI Go is not yet finished but also that perhaps DJI Go does not work with WiFi when it streams? Just trying to figure out where the issue is. Also Periscope is not even an option as is Facebook streaming and yet it's advertised as such.

Any idea on when DJI Go will be updated or any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
2016-10-2
Use props
omriamos
lvl.1

Israel

When using the Osmo Mobile you can use any app you want from your phone... so you can just live stream from Periscope / Facebook app etc', you don't really need the DJI Go app...
btw, the osmo mobile connects via BT, so your wifi is free...
2016-10-3
Use props
gsciorio
lvl.1

United States

omriamos Posted at 2016-10-3 17:52
When using the Osmo Mobile you can use any app you want from your phone... so you can just live stre ...

Thanks for the info. The issue with going outside of the DJI Go app is that there's no direct support for the Osmo with apps like Periscope or YouTube live (there's no YT live yet) etc..
I did a test stream to YouTube with my iphone in airplane mode with WiFi and Bluetooth on and still got around 15fps. If my ISP was not fiber based I'd think it's the connection.

Are you getting nice frame rates with YouTube Live?
2016-10-3
Use props
jo
New

United Kingdom

Hello! I'm not sure if this is related (or not), or if I am missing a trick somewhere. YouTube expects content to be delivered in one of a number of resolutions (720p, 1080p etc). So far I've found that despite setting the camera resolution (settings/camera/video resolution), content is not being delivered to YouTube in the selected resolution - which YouTube complains about and seems to have an impact on the stream quality.

I'm not sure if this is a "bug" - I appreciate that the DJI Go/DJU Mobile combination is "new", or if I'm missing something somewhere. Help/advice/reports of similar experiences would be much appreciated!
2016-10-4
Use props
jo
New

United Kingdom

Hello! I'm not sure if this is related (or not), or if I am missing a trick somewhere. YouTube expects content to be delivered in one of a number of resolutions (720p, 1080p etc). So far I've found that despite setting the camera resolution (settings/camera/video resolution), content is not being delivered to YouTube in the selected resolution - which YouTube complains about and seems to have an impact on the stream quality.

I'm not sure if this is a "bug" - I appreciate that the DJI Go/DJU Mobile combination is "new", or if I'm missing something somewhere. Help/advice/reports of similar experiences would be much appreciated!

2016-10-4
Use props
PhHFipnywSsl
New

Sweden

RE: Osmo Mobile YouTube Live with Wifi?

jo Posted at 2016-10-4 10:08
Hello! I'm not sure if this is related (or not), or if I am missing a trick somewhere. YouTube expec ...

Hi!

I use the app Wirecast Go to stream YouTube Live content with my Osmo Mobile. It works great!

The only missing function is that I have to start and stop recording with the button on the phone screen. The app does not recognise any buttons on the Osmo Mobile device.
2016-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules