DJI Osmo Mobile & Filmic Pro
6318 6 2016-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
huntajav
New

United States

Hello DJI Forumers,

I need your help! I recently got my Iphone 7 to use with DJI Osmo mobile as I was setting it up, I noticed that on the DJI Go App settings>General> Device Name it says nothing. It's just blank. I thought this was okay so I tried to sync it up with filmic pro. It doesn't work. So I emailed filmic pro for support and they said that the DJI osmo mobile gimbal must be named "osmo" however on the DJI go app, it won't let me change the name of it. I tried tapping the blank name field 20 times and it just won't let me. What should I do? How should I fix this? I want to use the DJI osmo mobile on filmic pro but I don't know how to make it work. Is this a bug? Please help. Thanks
2016-10-2
Use props
k1zhBR0ZgbIJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 540902 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

i think you should just type the name there. and click DONE.
anyhow, i can change the name but there's no response from filmic pro either..
none of the said features are functional.
2016-10-14
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I can change the name too, but I don't use filmic pro, so can't help you with this
2016-10-14
Use props
Hagen
New
Flight distance : 402359 ft
  • >>>
Kazakhstan

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-10-14 18:49
I can change the name too, but I don't use filmic pro, so can't help you with this

same with me on iPhone6s+, no operation of Filmic Pro app through Osmo Mobile Hardware...
2016-10-25
Use props
TheodoreRex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 686975 ft
United States

k1zhBR0ZgbIJ Posted at 2016-10-14 02:04
i think you should just type the name there. and click DONE.
anyhow, i can change the name but there ...

I have FILMIC Pro. . . and if you read the "compatibility" carefully. . . what it means is that you can use the OSMO without the DJI GO App. . . but the "TAKE A PICTURE" (big button) will work, the "START A VIDEO" (double tap Big Button). . . that's all that they promise. . . otherwise, it's just an alternative CAMERA app for your iPhone. . . I was REALLY underwhelmed. . .
2016-10-25
Use props
syafeerul
lvl.2
Flight distance : 540902 ft
  • >>>

I got it working on Filmic Pro. Changed the name to "Osmo" and voila.. it works!
I can now use the big button for manual control (pull-focus, exposure, etc). and the record button also works.
All function as mentioned in Filmic Pro latest update works.
2016-10-26
Use props
eliotfitzroy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 492 ft
Australia

Here is an in-depth tutorial I produced for the latest version of FiLMiC Pro that adds quick a few powerful features for the OSMO Mobile - hope it helps.

2016-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules