2134 8 2016-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roedaal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 235840 ft
Austria

Dear forum members,
is there a way I can "learn" about the DJI Go App during the time I wait for delivery?
I would like to see all the function screens and so on, to become familiar with the user interface. Is there a screenshot gallery at least? Or something like a simulator? Obviously I cannot start this as long as I am not connected to the Mavic - says my App.
cheers, Chris
2016-10-3
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

So DJI-Ken just leaked that there is some sort of Mavic "quick start guide" in the new DJI Go app...  

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 07434&fromuid=37549

Also this DJI Tutorial on calibrating the IMU for the Mavic shows using the DJI Go app to calibrate the IMU...

So I would assume that the Mavic does use the DGI Go app.

2016-10-3
Use props
roedaal
lvl.1
Austria

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-3 17:37
So DJI-Ken just leaked that there is some sort of Mavic "quick start guide" in the new DJI Go app... ...

Thank you for your answer. Yes, the site you recommend was the first location I looked for more information, but, you know, other than that, the Mavic page is very sparse.
2016-10-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

roedaal Posted at 2016-10-3 17:14
Thank you for your answer. Yes, the site you recommend was the first location I looked for more in ...

I think the manual will be in dji go app soon, dji recommends reading the manual thoroughly before flying so will need to be available soon, there is a quick start guide in the app
2016-10-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-3 23:37
So DJI-Ken just leaked that there is some sort of Mavic "quick start guide" in the new DJI Go app... ...

Correct, the Mavic uses the GO app just like all the late model DJI aircraft do.
The Mavic is already in the GO app on IOS, and should be on Android soon.
Plus there's already some tutorial videos in IOS as well.
2016-10-3
Use props
roedaal
lvl.1
Austria

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-3 21:04
Correct, the Mavic uses the GO app just like all the late model DJI aircraft do.
The Mavic is alre ...

OK, thanks for all your help.
My question, in the beginning, was, if there is a way to learn about the DJI Go App, and/or start it to explore the whereabouts, without having DJI gear yet (other than my Ronin ;-)?
2016-10-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

roedaal Posted at 2016-10-4 03:54
OK, thanks for all your help.
My question, in the beginning, was, if there is a way to learn abou ...

You can download the app but if you do not have any aircraft then you will not be able to get into the live view.
If you know anyone with a DJI aircraft (at least P3) then you can connect to their aircraft and then you will be able to get into the live view from then on and explore the app and learn where the buttons are and features it has. But even then it's only limited as all the buttons do not show up until there's an aircraft connected to it. But at least there will be enough information for you to browse around the app.
But if there's another app update then it may now let you into the camera page again until you connect to an aircraft.
2016-10-3
Use props
roedaal
lvl.1
Austria

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-3 21:58
You can download the app but if you do not have any aircraft then you will not be able to get into ...

Thanks for the input, Ken!
2016-10-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

roedaal Posted at 2016-10-4 04:01
Thanks for the input, Ken!

No problem at all, and keep checking the app and the DJI Mavic page online, the downloads page should be coming online soon and then you can view the full manual.
2016-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules