Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IflewbyU2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1066076 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-11-6 21:04
Hi, our record shows that the refund was completed on November 4th, have you contacted your bank/c ...

The refund came through today. Thank you so much DJI! I love you again. In the future I just have to remember that a DJI refund is a slow moving process. There is also very little communication from DJI after the return is received by them, which can worry a person. Anyway, now I am relieved and have already put my refund toward a Mavic Pro! I also hope to get an Inspire 2 when it comes out next year. Thank you DJI-Thor for letting me know the refund process was underway.
2016-11-10
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

IflewbyU2 Posted at 2016-11-11 06:07
The refund came through today. Thank you so much DJI! I love you again. In the future I just have  ...

We're truly sorry, there is a lack of communication between our departments in your case, but we're working on to improve our system and will provide better service for customers.
2016-11-10
Use props
IflewbyU2
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-11-10 21:54
We're truly sorry, there is a lack of communication between our departments in your case, but we're ...

Much appreciated DJI-Thor. Yes, something must have gotten confused there, but DJI fixed it, got me my refund and I love DJI just as before, so all is well!
2016-11-12
Use props
dennish
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

yet you still can't lock focus and focus does so randomly - the original topic.  Happy for you you got your refund, I am outside my window and the device is still utterly useless.
2016-11-12
Use props
fans61aefaa5
lvl.3
France

Hi,

About the initial subject : I've just received my Osmo+, firmware 1.3.0.50 and DJI-Go iOS 3.1.1.

Here is what I understand about Focus management in Osmo+ :
- It is NOT a continuous AF. You have to tape to run AF one time.
- A "sort of" AF is actionable by activating "Focus when gimbal stops" : when the gimbal stop a movement, it make AF one time, until the next mouvement+stop of the gimbal.
- We have possibility to lock focus to infinity.

Am I right ?

2016-12-23
Use props
LensmanDave
lvl.3

United Kingdom

fans61aefaa5 Posted at 2016-12-23 15:21
Hi,

About the initial subject : I've just received my Osmo+, firmware 1.3.0.50 and DJI-Go iOS 3.1.1.

that's how I have figured it out too. You can re-focus during a shot any time by tapping where you want to focus. I find this works really well for my kind of filming, a bit like pulling focus on a manual focus video camera.
If you want point and shoot..just lock to infinity like you say and it's like the original Osmo fixed focus.

Cheers
2016-12-23
Use props
Vinc26
lvl.3
France

Thanks LensmanDave.
2016-12-23
Use props
IflewbyU2
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

LensmanDave Posted at 2016-12-23 10:14
that's how I have figured it out too. You can re-focus during a shot any time by tapping where you want to focus. I find this works really well for my kind of filming, a bit like pulling focus on a manual focus video camera.
If you want point and shoot..just lock to infinity like you say and it's like the original Osmo fixed focus.

Mine most certainly did not focus and stay put, not ever, not in any way. I would focus before doing a pan, then begin the pan and as soon as the center of the camera hit an open space between buildings, trees or whatever, it would ruin the pan by trying to refocus on infinity. Unless DJI has done a firmware update after my return was completed, I am very skeptical your Osmo+ will not do the very same thing if you attempt a pan. Mine also did this when walking with it, and most every other situation. There was absolutely no way to stop the autofocus from continually readjusting. Many other owners in this thread experienced the very same problem.
2016-12-24
Use props
LensmanDave
lvl.3

United Kingdom

IflewbyU2 Posted at 2016-12-25 01:07
Mine most certainly did not focus and stay put, not ever, not in any way. I would focus before doing a pan, then begin the pan and as soon as the center of the camera hit an open space between buildings, trees or whatever, it would ruin the pan by trying to refocus on infinity. Unless DJI has done a firmware update after my return was completed, I am very skeptical your Osmo+ will not do the very same thing if you attempt a pan. Mine also did this when walking with it, and most every other situation. There was absolutely no way to stop the autofocus from continually readjusting. Many other owners in this thread experienced the very same problem.

It's a weird one to be sure. The only time my Osmo+ behaves like you describe is when it is in preview mode. As soon as I start recording a shot the ONLY time it 'autofocuses' is at the end of a zoom. Touch screen focusing stays locked in place no matter how I move or pan the camera.
I always shoot in either shutter priority of manual, I never use auto.
With the latest update you can also lock focus to infinity of course. That should be fine for most landscape/cityscape shooting.
cheers
David
2016-12-25
Use props
IflewbyU2
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

LensmanDave Posted at 2016-12-25 04:50
It's a weird one to be sure. The only time my Osmo+ behaves like you describe is when it is in preview mode. As soon as I start recording a shot the ONLY time it 'autofocuses' is at the end of a zoom. Touch screen focusing stays locked in place no matter how I move or pan the camera.
I always shoot in either shutter priority of manual, I never use auto.
With the latest update you can also lock focus to infinity of course. That should be fine for most landscape/cityscape shooting.

"I always shoot in either shutter priority of manual, I never use auto." exposure mode has no affect on focus mode. "with the latest update you can also lock focus on infinity of course" There was no such function when I last used my Osmo+, and I very much doubt they would have made it lock on INFINITY when a lock on the hyperfocal distance would provide more depth of field and make so much more sense- of course! I would be interested in hearing from others who reported the perpetual autofocus problem earlier in this thread (and who still own their Osmo+); did you guys get an effective focus fix in the GO app? Can you do as LensmanDave says and lock the focus now, eliminating the perpetual focus issue?
2016-12-26
Use props
LensmanDave
lvl.3

United Kingdom

IflewbyU2 Posted at 2016-12-26 22:08
"I always shoot in either shutter priority of manual, I never use auto." exposure mode has no affect on focus mode. "with the latest update you can also lock focus on infinity of course" There was no such function when I last used my Osmo+, and I very much doubt they would have made it lock on INFINITY when a lock on the hyperfocal distance would provide more depth of field and make so much more sense- of course! I would be interested in hearing from others who reported the perpetual autofocus problem earlier in this thread (and who still own their Osmo+); did you guys get an effective focus fix in the GO app? Can you do as LensmanDave says and lock the focus now, eliminating the perpetual focus issue?

...after the latest update, there is now a little 'infinity symbol' next to the icon for selecting spot focus/exposure. I agree focus on the hyperfocal distance would make more sense and that may be what it does. We seem to get very little 'in depth' info form DJI, so who knows. Anyway the notes say: "What’s New?
 Added support for locking focus at infinite with one tap in the DJI GO app."

Hope that helps.
2016-12-26
Use props
Vinc26
lvl.3
France

Since all of that, we've found a bug about Continuous AF... it's here:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 0&fromuid=47539
2016-12-28
Use props
djluko
New
Australia

LensmanDave Posted at 2016-12-27 06:51
...after the latest update, there is now a little 'infinity symbol' next to the icon for selecting spot focus/exposure. I agree focus on the hyperfocal distance would make more sense and that may be what it does. We seem to get very little 'in depth' info form DJI, so who knows. Anyway the notes say: "What’s New?

In my experience the infinity symbol locks the focus, but the results aren't as good as tapping in the distance.  Anyone else find that?  (Osmo+, DJI Go 3.1.1)
2016-12-28
Use props
LensmanDave
lvl.3

United Kingdom

djluko Posted at 2016-12-28 12:50
In my experience the infinity symbol locks the focus, but the results aren't as good as tapping in the distance.  Anyone else find that?  (Osmo+, DJI Go 3.1.1)

Yes, I find that too. So it looks like 'infinity lock' is locked to the hyperfocal distance. I would imagine that would give the same results as the earlier fixed focus Osmo model.
2016-12-28
Use props
IflewbyU2
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

LensmanDave Posted at 2016-12-26 14:51

That is very helpful, if only they had done it right away so I could have been able to use mine without total frustration. And yes, I hope they knew enough to lock at the hyperfocal distance instead of infinity, but there is no handy symbol/icon for "hyperfocal distance" like there is for infinity ;-)
2016-12-31
Use props
fans80156052
lvl.2
Canada

LensmanDave Posted at 2016-12-26 14:51

What version number is the latest update on the app??
2017-1-2
Use props
LensmanDave
lvl.3

United Kingdom

fans80156052 Posted at 2017-1-2 07:36
What version number is the latest update on the app??

everything you need here:

http://www.dji.com/osmo-plus/info#downloads
Bottom of page.
2017-1-2
Use props
fanse4cb4c94
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Africa

LensmanDave Posted at 2016-12-28 05:28
Yes, I find that too. So it looks like 'infinity lock' is locked to the hyperfocal distance. I would imagine that would give the same results as the earlier fixed focus Osmo model.

I notice the same issue :

Osmo + : I set the lens to full wide - set focus to infinity symbol  - blurred image.

Osmo (original) : full sharpness from about a meter to infinity.

i wonder at which focal length they have based their calculations ?
2017-2-2
Use props
LensmanDave
lvl.3

United Kingdom

fanse4cb4c94 Posted at 2017-2-2 07:37

Osmo + : I set the lens to full wide - set focus to infinity symbol  - blurred image.

When you say 'blurred' image do you mean at all distances?

With Osmo+ "infinity lock" on and shortest focal length I'm getting acceptable sharpness from just over a metre to infinity.  This is the best you are going to get from a fixed focus camera. After all there is only one point of perfect focus.  If I want perfect focus as apposed to acceptable I switch to touch focus.
2017-2-2
Use props
Ranze
lvl.2

United States

dennish Posted at 2016-11-12 15:54
yet you still can't lock focus and focus does so randomly - the original topic.  Happy for you you got your refund, I am outside my window and the device is still utterly useless.

How long is this "WINDOW"? I just bought the Osmo+ with Sports Accessories. I've had billing issues with DJI from day one AND NOW, I'm reading all these functionality issues along with more DJI Customer Support Problems..... SHOULD I JUST DO AWAY WITH DJI AND CANCEL MY ORDER? For the people who had dealt with DJI for a long time, or even newer customers... is it worth the product? and is keeping the product worth the trouble when you have to deal with HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE, as I have been reading from others?
2017-2-4
Use props
Ranze
lvl.2

United States

dennish Posted at 2016-11-12 15:54

How long is this "WINDOW"? I just bought the Osmo+ with Sports Accessories. I've had billing issues with DJI from day one AND NOW, I'm reading all these functionality issues along with more DJI Customer Support Problems..... SHOULD I JUST DO AWAY WITH DJI AND CANCEL MY ORDER? For the people who had dealt with DJI for a long time, or even newer customers... is it worth the product? and is keeping the product worth the trouble when you have to deal with HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE, as I have been reading from others?
2017-2-4
Use props
fanse4cb4c94
lvl.2
  • >>>
South Africa

LensmanDave Posted at 2017-2-2 08:10
When you say 'blurred' image do you mean at all distances?

With Osmo+ "infinity lock" on and shortest focal length I'm getting acceptable sharpness from just over a metre to infinity.  This is the best you are going to get from a fixed focus camera. After all there is only one point of perfect focus.  If I want perfect focus as apposed to acceptable I switch to touch focus.

Thanks LensmanDave. Here is an example of the infinity being soft. You probably won't see much difference if you view it on a small screen.

2017-2-8
Use props
trialanderror
New
United States

fanse4cb4c94 Posted at 2017-2-8 21:47
Thanks LensmanDave. Here is an example of the infinity being soft. You probably won't see much difference if you view it on a small screen.
https://youtu.be/451rVfzF2SM

That is quite a difference in focus.  Everything appears to be soft with infinity focus in that clip.  Thanks for taking the time to post that!

If the camera can focus on something, why can't the software be configured to hold it there, like with a lock symbol next to the AF/Infiinity button or something?
2017-9-28
Use props
DigitalOrdnance
lvl.1
United States

fanse4cb4c94 Posted at 2017-2-2 07:37

THIS!

A million times- THIS!

I had the Osmo before returning it (Amazon) and bying the Osmo+ for it's cool zoom feature and a pile of accessories.  After a day of shooting with the Osmo+ and looking at video I shot with the original Osmo I went looking for others with the "focus" issue.  With the Osmo trees were nice and crisp. With the Osmo+ they are blobs of green fuzz.  I have done all the updates. I have played with all the various focus settings and locking to infinity. I decided to shelf it for a while hoping DJI would resolve it with an update.  Today I pulled it off the shelf and installed the latest update which is supposed to resolve various focus issues- YAY! I headed outside to shoot some test video and am still quite depressed.

Since shelfing the Osmo+ I have been using a GoPro H5 in a Karma grip and have been happy with the results. Before buying the Karma I picked up the Osmo believing it would be a superior product and produce superior shots, and it did not disapoint. It was only after hitting the issue with the Osmo+ and getting outside of a return window that I picked up the Karma.

My current plan is to shelf the Osmo+ again and keep an eye on the forums in hopes of a fix. In the meantime I may pick up an Osmo gimbal to use with the rest of the kit and perhaps sell off the Osmo+ gimbal.

The Osmo works great but lacks a few "extra" features.
The Osmo+ has the extra features but lacks clarity and sharpness that you would expect, especially after using the Osmo.
2017-10-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

DigitalOrdnance Posted at 2017-10-19 00:48
THIS!

A million times- THIS!

Sir, the infinite focus issue has got sorted out in the lasted firmware.
May I know the firmware version of your Osmo+? We would appreciate if you could upload several original photos to Dropbox and post the link here for analysis, we will do our best to assist, thank.
2017-10-19
Use props
fans7e96c313
lvl.1
Ireland

Anyone could please confirm that the Auto focus issue has been solved because I was waiting for so long to get my OSMO+ but I was worried about all these issues!! and there are any other issues? Thanks for Help
2017-10-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans7e96c313 Posted at 2017-10-19 03:17
Anyone could please confirm that the Auto focus issue has been solved because I was waiting for so long to get my OSMO+ but I was worried about all these issues!! and there are any other issues? Thanks for Help

We only had the problem of infinite focus instead of Auto focus. I would love to hear feedback of Auto focus, thanks for the post.
2017-10-19
Use props
fans7e96c313
lvl.1
Ireland

Hi DJI Mindy I mean continues focus which only working in a preview mode but not in actual recording. And also i want to confirm that the infinity focus is really working now with a clear and sharp result. I hope someone try it and can confirm that all working good now before I order..
2017-10-19
Use props
DigitalOrdnance
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-19 00:52
Sir, the infinite focus issue has got sorted out in the lasted firmware.
May I know the firmware version of your Osmo+? We would appreciate if you could upload several original photos to Dropbox and post the link here for analysis, we will do our best to assist, thank.

Mindy,

I will humor you and post up a short video clip and still shots.  I only wish I had the Osmo (NON Plus) version to do side by side comparison.

Stay tuned and give me a few days to put it together.
2017-10-19
Use props
Felipe Olvera
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94849 ft
United States

DigitalOrdnance Posted at 2017-10-19 14:48
Mindy,

I will humor you and post up a short video clip and still shots.  I only wish I had the Osmo (NON Plus) version to do side by side comparison.

any update?
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mindy,

Yeah, sure, thanks, looking forward to your update.
2017-10-26
Use props
KRStrait
lvl.1
United States

Mindy,

I am curious as if this issue was fixed?  
2017-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules