3301 10 2016-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dod1983
lvl.1
Flight distance : 233 ft
Ireland

Hi,

I do a lot of timelapses and hypelapses with my DSLR and am thinking of purchasing the OSMO. However I have one question. Does the OSMO spit out a movie file of your timelapse footage or can you get the individual raw images so you can edit them in post and compile your own timelapse movie.

Thanks
2016-10-3
Use props
d.tomasi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15968 ft
Brazil

it does a 720p movie... and jpg files, not DNG
2016-10-3
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

It does this most of the time, it's not a good timelapse camera, it's wants to be moving about and can't handle being still

2016-10-3
Use props
d.tomasi
lvl.3
Brazil

motion timelapse does not have the problem... see, i did a movement to the right

yepp....

2016-10-3
Use props
d.tomasi
lvl.3
Brazil

How did you get that sharp timelapse? Osmo or osmo+?All my out of focus links are osmo+ your timelapse is amazing crisp!
2016-10-3
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

d.tomasi Posted at 2016-10-3 20:00
How did you get that sharp timelapse? Osmo or osmo+?All my out of focus links are osmo+ your timelap ...

Just osmo, it's sped up video, but I get the same wobble with the timelapse mode. You can also use the interval timer to get high res photos. shame it doesn't stay still
2016-10-3
Use props
darkjudicator
lvl.4
Ukraine

For timelapses I use Osmo with locked giimbal on a tripod and then compose the video from jpgs in adobe premiere, the result is pretty good.
For hyperlapses it's better to use the video mode (and make it faster in post processing) , as the timelapse mode doesn't hold to camera straight. Again the result is pretty good if you fix the horizon line in post processing.
2016-10-5
Use props
jakesully
lvl.1

Mexico

darkjudicator Posted at 2016-10-5 18:35
For timelapses I use Osmo with locked giimbal on a tripod and then compose the video from jpgs in ad ...

I have tried a lot...And I can't make the OSMO work with the gimbal locked....How do you do it?
2016-10-5
Use props
martin94b
lvl.3

If you did not yet purchase an Osmo:
Stay away from it. They advertise it for TimeLapse video making but at the same time they say its no good for timelapsing, which unfortunatly is the only truth I ever heard from DJIs mouth.
They promised the highly demanded preprogrammable rotating timelapse which now they say will never come (you have to buy an Osmo+ instead).

Stay away from Osmo (or go buy mine which is basically useless and rarely used due to all those issues) ;-)

Shame on you DJI!
2016-10-5
Use props
darkjudicator
lvl.4
Ukraine

jakesully Posted at 2016-10-6 05:32
I have tried a lot...And I can't make the OSMO work with the gimbal locked....How do you do it?

Nothing special, I just turn it on without unlocking, it beeps but I ignore it and do all the things we usually do. I place it on a tripod and start timelapse (video + jpgs). If I want to pan it upon timelapse I use such a cheap mechanical device like this http://www.banggood.com/MYRMICA- ... mera-p-1022921.html
2016-10-5
Use props
jakesully
lvl.1

Mexico

darkjudicator Posted at 2016-10-6 13:50
Nothing special, I just turn it on without unlocking, it beeps but I ignore it and do all the thin ...

Thanks for your reply....
In my case, it beeps few times, and then gimbal is deactivated, and in DJI GO app says:  "unlock the gimbal and press here to activate it" Or something like that
2016-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules