Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lost Drone - No Signal-Phantom 3 Advanced
2070 16 2016-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
baz092727-sp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2186506 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Phantom 3 Advanced
Well I lost my drone last week , I took it to the coast were I have flown many times before
and 1 min 52 seconds into the flight  I lost the signal on my tablet ( loss of video and red light on RC) ,
I pressed the RTH on my controller and waited , waited over 40 minutes and it never returned . Searched the shoreline but I couldn`t find anything .
Heres the link to the flight plan :
https://healthydrones.com/main?f ... _id=GENERALOverview
The last video can be found here
https://www.skypixel.com/videos/ ... 6-9db7-3dc69bab267e
I had done all the pre flight checks and calibrations and battery was fully charged before flight  so I have no idea what happend .
I contacted DJI with my flight data and this was there reply:

Dear Brian,

Thank you for contacting the DJI Support.

I have had word back from the Engineer and I will copy his note below :

"53.4244822 -3.1057041 last position
53.4247245 -3.0935145 start point
Records cut off at 01:52,H=115m, D=810m, Battey is 91% Merseyside.
Can not figure out the problem.
Unable to judge, but there is nothing to crash at this height."

Protocol dictates I can offer you a 25% discount for a replacement unit.
Hope to have informed you.

Thanks for choosing DJI.

Kind regards,

DJI Support EU

Anyway the say they wont me to send them the RC back
and they will send my a new drone and controller back for approx £525 which is with the 25% deduction
but I can buy the drone only for £489 from DJI so they gave me the 25% with one hand and took it away with the other.
I think the battery connection was faulty and a sudden loos of power caused it to drop in the sea.
Think they shoul offer me 25% off the Drone only.

2016-10-3
Use props
adrian.rotaresc
lvl.1

Germany

The exact same thing happened to me on the 28th of September. I had 50% baterry, and suddenly the connection was lost with total blackout. The drone did not return to home, and I am now in the process of discussing the incident with DJI. Until now the feedback from them is very negative. Here is the link to my flight records: http://healthydrones.com/main?share=FAjAHJ

Any advice or help would be highly appreciated.
2016-10-4
Use props
endotherm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

I've had a good look at the data, DJI are right, there is nothing in there that indicates any fault and they would be unable to judge a cause from the data.  The video stops about 20 seconds too early, of course the last critical seconds might provide more clues.  Unfortunately there is nothing wrong in the data indicating a fault, in which case they would take responsibility and offer you a replacement.  Because it is unexplained they won't take responsibility as it's not their fault.  It could just as easily been a poorly fitted battery that fell out, a major collision with a large bird or another drone causing instant destruction etc., your imagination is the limit here!  Unless you recover the wreck and retrieve the flight record from the body, you have no proof and no knowledge of what happened.

With regard to their replacement offer, it seems strange they would ask for the old controller back, but it seems they are offering an aircraft, controller and battery for that discounted price.  If you were to buy the aircraft body and keep your old controller, you would still need to buy a battery which I doubt you could get for £36.  The offer of brand new everything is a more attractive offer.  Unfortunately you are left with the remaining 75% price tag, but that is the risk you take if you are unable to prove it is their fault.
2016-10-4
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

adrian.rotaresc Posted at 2016-10-4 23:28
The exact same thing happened to me on the 28th of September. I had 50% baterry, and suddenly the co ...

Sorry about the loss.
Unfortunately HealthyDrones is next to useless for many incident investigations as it only displays a brief summary.
To understand what happened we need actual data for the whole flight.
If you upload your flight record to: http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... t-log-viewer.68588/
You will get a lot more information to work on.
Post a link back here and perhaps someone will be able to solve the mystery.
2016-10-4
Use props
rcooke007007
New
Flight distance : 65509 ft

After reading what happened. I am for sure going to Bestbuy and buy a flat locating chip that they sell for lost dogs. It has an app for you phone and shows where your dog is at. Its about the size of a quarter.
2016-10-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you please provide you case or ticket number from your correspondece with the Europe Support team to better follow up?
2016-10-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

adrian.rotaresc Posted at 2016-10-4 23:28
The exact same thing happened to me on the 28th of September. I had 50% baterry, and suddenly the co ...

It would be helpful to get the same information from you as well.
2016-10-4
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

rcooke007007 Posted at 2016-10-5 09:42
After reading what happened. I am for sure going to Bestbuy and buy a flat locating chip that they s ...

Yes, and it is probably worth a quarter too. Those cheap locating devices often use Bluetooth or other short range protocols. You are better off buying a Trackimo, Marco Polo or RF-V16 tracker, they are proven devices.
2016-10-4
Use props
adrian.rotaresc
lvl.1

Germany

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-5 00:47
It would be helpful to get the same information from you as well.

Thanks a lot for the feedback. My incident number is 300902.
2016-10-5
Use props
adrian.rotaresc
lvl.1

Germany

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-10-4 23:10
Sorry about the loss.
Unfortunately HealthyDrones is next to useless for many incident investigati ...

Thanks a lot for your help. I have uploaded the flight data, here is the link to it: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/5X2P2QAB09WF1GU2M6JT/

Any help would be very appreciated!
2016-10-5
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

adrian.rotaresc Posted at 2016-10-5 16:10
Thanks a lot for your help. I have uploaded the flight data, here is the link to it: http://www.ph ...

Unfortunately the flight record doesn't show any clues.
Your Phantom was flying normally with no indications of any problem that I can see.
There's no terrain it could have gone behind to lose signal.
At 9:00 the flight record just stops with the Phantom 740 feet up and battery at 51%.
2016-10-5
Use props
adrian.rotaresc
lvl.1

Germany

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-10-5 12:32
Unfortunately the flight record doesn't show any clues.
Your Phantom was flying normally with no i ...

It's the same as driving your car and suddenly all the meters and displays blank out and you lose the control to your steering wheel... Can you imagine that happening? So not only did I lose my drone but it was also a very emotionally distressed event which impacts your life in a very negative way.
2016-10-5
Use props
baz092727-sp
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-4 23:46
Could you please provide you case or ticket number from your correspondece with the Europe Support t ...

Your request(#297309)
This is it
2016-10-5
Use props
baz092727-sp
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

endotherm Posted at 2016-10-4 21:47
I've had a good look at the data, DJI are right, there is nothing in there that indicates any fault  ...

You actually get the battery included when you purchase the Drone only from DJI
2016-10-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

adrian.rotaresc Posted at 2016-10-5 16:06
Thanks a lot for the feedback. My incident number is 300902.

Based on the information provided, they are in the process of re-evaluating the flight record, per your request. Since this was requested Yesterday, please allow some additional time to respond.
2016-10-5
Use props
adrianr
lvl.1

Germany

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-5 22:51
Based on the information provided, they are in the process of re-evaluating the flight record, per ...

Thank you for your feedback. I rest my case and look forward for the re-evaluation.
2016-10-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

baz092727-sp Posted at 2016-10-6 02:54
Your request(#297309)
This is it

I had notified the proper department regarding this to see if there are any alternatives available. Just to clarify your current offer, you would be receiving a new Phantom 3 Adv set up entirely to ensure that nothing from your old system effects the new one. That's why they are not just providing a drone only discount.
2016-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules