Crashed can't find replacement part
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rob.sinfield
lvl.3
Flight distance : 187493 ft
Canada

Kinda bummed.

I bought a phantom 3 4k on friday and it's dead as of this morning after a pretty good crash.

Camera/Gimbal is hosed as well as the WiFi Video Downlink Air Module... Force of the impact sheared the interface off the PCB.  It still flies so at least there's a positive.

I found the new gimbal and PCB on the dji parts site, however I having difficulties finding the cable (image attached)

Can anyone tell me if this one will work?  http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-cable-set?from=search  It says it's for the Advanced and Pro.
cable.JPG
2016-10-3
Use props
billwish76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft

Oh you're lucky they're just solder them back together or go on eBay they got all those wires
2016-10-3
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Probably not, the gimbal of Pro/Adv has different cables with Standard/4K.  I would just connect the broken wires together, peel off the rubber, use a duck tape or something like that to attach them back.
2016-10-4
Use props
jamesazen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15262 ft

Do it right - a little soldering, a little heat shrink.. good to go
2016-10-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

A dealer may have this type of spare part available as well. Like Thor said, you would look for spare ribbon cable parts specifically for the P3 4K and not the P3 Pro or P3 Adv.
2016-10-4
Use props
rob.sinfield
lvl.3
Flight distance : 187493 ft
Canada

I'm back in the air and pretty happy.

The cableset for the pro/adv has the correct cable needed for the WiFi Video Downlink Air Module.   I figured I'd order it and return if it wasn't right.  I took a chance and only ordered the filter for the gimbal... hoping that the damage to the camera was only cosmetic.  Hooked up the new board, cable, filter and it didn't work.  Did some reading and I had to pair the new module.  After pairing everything worked flawlessly.

So total cost was $140 USD inc. shipping... not too bad considering I initially thought this was going to be a $400 USD hit.

Shipping from DJI was crazy fast too!  Placed the parts order Monday night.  It shipped yesterday from Gardena CA arrived this morning in Toronto.
2016-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules