Standard 3--Please Read
687 10 2016-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tricks46
lvl.1
United States

My 3rd dji standard 3.  I have learned a lot in the past 14 months about this drone.  This was something totally new.  Was having problems getting my camera to record the pictures I was trying to take.  It appeared to be working but the app stopped in the fact that I would press the shutter button and it made the circle motion like the process was working but no poctures were made.  Blank micro chip as far as pictures go.  OK----Decided to download a new app.  I did and the drone came to life with everything working.  Next day I went out to fly.  Set the drone on a cement slab and hit the auto take off button and it went up to 4 feet and hovered.  Up down left right all went great.  Went to 400 feet took some shots and dam I was doing good.  NOW Read This.  To come home I hit the auto come home.  This SOB started twisting going up and down from side to side.  I hit the cancel auto come home it said confirm and I did.  No difference as nothing worked.  I watched it fall 400 teet with props running but no control and it hit the ground and destroyed my third dji standard drone.  The chinese owe me a new drone but due to past experiences screw that I will not even ask.  All I can do is warn people about this drone snd try to get people to test all the functions at a few feet to make sure it works.  Shame on dji
2016-10-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry you had an accident, what is your email and I will look at your flight.
Also, call 818-235-0789 and start a ticket with them.
2016-10-3
Use props
billwish76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft

It sucks you had your experience but I've only had one Phantom 3 and it works Awesome every single thing on it worked perfect. If you use a third-party app can't blame DjI that's your fault. The only time have any trouble connecting to the Phantom 3 standard is if I have another device I have used them on it and both Wi-Fi's are connected other than that everything works perfect still impressed after 6 months you need to see what else is out there to find out he is the best. I think you just didn't know what you were doing why blame the Chinese what did they do hide inside your drone and make it crash
2016-10-3
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

this is your 3rd in 14 months? what happened to the previous ones? Weird! Hope DJI can work it out for you as a warranty replacement.. once you cancelled RTH could u not have brought it home manually? No logs of the flight?
2016-10-3
Use props
MGR57
lvl.2

United States

Yeah...I have to agree,  3rd party app...can't blame DJI.  Interesting that you are burning through P3's so often and in such a short time.  I really have to question how much you actually read your Manuals, and did you spend any time watching the videos and posts on this forum.  There  is a plethora of information from some really smart guys on this forum.  I mean really? If you had lost 1 P3 in 14 months cause it acted squirrely....but 3!!!  Definitely sounds like pilot error the culprit.
2016-10-4
Use props
tricks46
lvl.1
United States

As for the coming home.  I hit the come home button it went into a super crazy spin and I hit cancel with no effect.  This is all recorded on the phone and shows every step.  Let me say what happened to the drones.  First one was my fault when a gust of wind caught it and slammed it into a wall.  Like I said my fault.  Number two would not stay connected to the controller.  Fly for a short distance then come home.  Like a bad child just kept coming home.  Dji drug there feet so amazon replaced it.  Number 2 not my fault.  Number 3 was this one.  If you see the recorder flight path you cant miss where it went crazy.  Somebody said app not dji problem.  The app came from the app store on my iphone.  If I cant use these i am screwed.
2016-10-4
Use props
tricks46
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-4 03:45
I'm sorry you had an accident, what is your email and I will look at your flight.
Also, call 818-235 ...

Email is tricks46@aol. com
2016-10-4
Use props
tricks46
lvl.1
United States

MGR57 Posted at 2016-10-5 01:30
Yeah...I have to agree,  3rd party app...can't blame DJI.  Interesting that you are burning through  ...

Ok I explained the 3 Birds now you read it.  I have read all the manuals more than once but no control is recorded by the app and mechanical.  If your so smart why don't you fix the issues.  If you don't have some help mind your own business
2016-10-4
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

u r quite sketchy on details and logs, that is why we ask.. in general if people share their logs and provide lot's of info - we help.. we actually like helping...
Either way, hope dji can help you and figure out the root cause - if u lost 3, there may be something you are doing, the location you fly at, something weird that probably would benefit you to discover and correct..
Very weird.
2016-10-4
Use props
MGR57
lvl.2

United States

tricks46 Posted at 2016-10-4 19:23
As for the coming home.  I hit the come home button it went into a super crazy spin and I hit cancel ...

I understand that you purchased your 3rd party apps from the App Store.  I myself, have Litchi...but I understand that I use it at my own risk, and if something happens, I know DJI will disavow any responsibility.  Would be interested in what DJI determines from your flight logs.

Sorry for your loss on #3.
2016-10-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

tricks46 Posted at 2016-10-5 07:24
Email is tricks46@aol. com

I'm not seeing anything in your flight records, you've synced them to the DJI server correct?
Anyways, you can play back the flight from the GO app and tap the RC icon and that will overlay your stick movements during the flight.
If you can, record that with a different device and upload it to YouTube and post the link here.
2016-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules