Osmo Mobile : Snapchat videos
13914 18 2016-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
l5bCD1ynyznq
lvl.1

Australia

The official tutorials say you can shoot video on Snapchat, but I can't seem to be able to. Buttons don't work and holding down the on-screen button is unrealistic on a gymbal.

2016-10-3
Use props
omriamos
lvl.1

Israel

yup, you can use whatever app you'd like, but the buttons will only work on the dji go app.
2016-10-4
Use props
l5bCD1ynyznq
lvl.1

Australia

omriamos Posted at 2016-10-4 18:31
yup, you can use whatever app you'd like, but the buttons will only work on the dji go app.

Except you can't hold down a button on the screen and operate the Osmo at the same time. DJI once again lied in their advertising.
2016-10-4
Use props
omriamos
lvl.1

Israel

I don't have the osmo mobile, but... why not? this is basically like most of the other cheap gimbals that doesn't come with any app and doesn't have buttons to control the phone (rec/stop).
2016-10-4
Use props
l5bCD1ynyznq
lvl.1

Australia

omriamos Posted at 2016-10-5 15:37
I don't have the osmo mobile, but... why not? this is basically like most of the other cheap gimbals ...

Snapchat requires you to hold down an on-screen button to film. The Osmo has buttons but DJI haven't enabled them for non DJI apps.
2016-10-5
Use props
fansb0182f0c
New

France

I have the same problem and i'm really disappointed !!! Why isn't possible to use the Osmo buttons for snapchat ?!!!!!
2016-11-10
Use props
user4d60d7cf73
New

United States

I love my Osmo mobile but agree this is a misleading feature. They could easily solve the issue with a software update. Surely that's coming.

2016-11-10
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

user4d60d7cf73 Posted at 2016-11-10 10:33
I love my Osmo mobile but agree this is a misleading feature. They could easily solve the issue with ...

Sorry I have to delete your link to Pest Control site since it's irrelevant to the topic
2016-11-11
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

fansb0182f0c Posted at 2016-11-10 06:30
I have the same problem and i'm really disappointed !!! Why isn't possible to use the Osmo buttons f ...

The button control option will come
2016-11-11
Use props
fansd9ad877a
New

United Kingdom

This is my biggest issue with my purchase, I would expect it to operate like a £5 Bluetooth selfie stick which allows the buttons to be used for camera, it's just the volume button which allows picture taking/hold down for video on Snapchat.

DJI-Thor, you mention it's coming soon but can you be any more specific on how soon, days/weeks/months? I am tempted to return mine if it's months away, not what I expected
2016-11-11
Use props
Dr.Hariri
New

Saudi Arabia

Hi,

I am not sure if this intended or not but I decided to try to connect to the DJI app and then switch to Snapchat. After switching to Snapchat, you have to use the trigger to take a snap first. After that, press X, now if you press & hold the trigger it will actually start recording a video for you.

I hope this helps, at least we could use it with Snapchat now.
2017-1-7
Use props
Dalby
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54888 ft
Denmark

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-11-11 00:38
Sorry I have to delete your link to Pest Control site since it's irrelevant to the topic

What does this even mean! "Delete your link to Pest Control"???
2017-1-7
Use props
BeamMeUpScotty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20446 ft
United States

Exploring here before I buy.  I got the P4P+ and am dissapointed in the plus.  I should have skipped the plus part...  Trying to do my home work here first before making an OSMO purchase and prevent making a similar mistake.  That whole comment "delete your comment to pest control" Bolognee... has me thinking I might be better off looking at somebody else's products for purchase.  Guess we will see...
2017-1-7
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

Dalby Posted at 2017-1-7 14:43
What does this even mean! "Delete your link to Pest Control"???

There's a link at the bottom of his comment, which directs to a Pest Control site, which is clearly irrelevant to the post, so I deleted that link but kept the remaining part of his post.
Osmo Mobile can actually use SnapChat now.
2017-1-9
Use props
fansef0dbc21
New

Saudi Arabia

How can I use and contact snap chat with osmo mobile?
2017-1-15
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

fansef0dbc21 Posted at 2017-1-15 08:15
How can I use and contact snap chat with osmo mobile?

Hi, just connect your Osmo Mobile to your phone, open snapchat, and the button on Osmo will control the snapchat app to shot pictures
2017-1-15
Use props
NerdHouse
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-1-15 19:59
Hi, just connect your Osmo Mobile to your phone, open snapchat, and the button on Osmo will control the snapchat app to shot pictures

I noticed a couple of weird quirks I guess you could say.  Once you take a video and send to your story or download the video you can't use the Osmo controls again until you take another picture hitting the actual photo button on the iPhone itself.  Either that or close Snapchat and re-open it but that seems cumbersome.  What happens when you try to use the controls is that it starts to either raise the volume or lower it depending on if you're trying to take a photo or video.
2017-1-24
Use props
Dalby
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54888 ft
Denmark

So is it possible to shoot videos in Snapchat with the Osmo Mobile, as advertised in the above video?
2017-5-2
Use props
rayan
New

Bosnia and Herzegovina

LOOK THIS IF YOU WANT TO MAKE YOUR EVENT MEMORABLE AND UNIQE  https://finefilterz.com
2017-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules