Z3 returned for full refund
1025 5 2016-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
feethea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 387940 ft
  • >>>

After two weeks of trying to get my new Z3 to work properly on my 4 weeks old Inspire 1 v2 I've come to the conclusion that it can't be done. The Inspire is on 1.9.1.3 and despite myself and, today, a techie at a major UK DJI dealer trying the damn thing would roll back to 1.8 (where some have managed to get the Inspire to work with the Z3 - but from our research these people haven't rolled back to 1.8 they simply haven't updated to 1.9.1.3) it would not.

The Z3 displayed 10-12 seconds of lag and video break-up rendering effectively not fit for purpose. I know I am not an isolated case, there are many more reporting this problem. What have DJI done to remedy the issue? Nothing, nada, zilch, diddly squat. I was considering buying the new Mavic Pro as a take everywhere drone but after this debacle .................
2016-10-4
Use props
uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can roll back to 1.8 if you use the X3 to downgrade , I did but it was no better.
Have to wonder if this issue will ever be fixed now or just swept under the carpet.

DJI is still selling this lemon of a camera in the store , they should be ashamed to be still selling the Z3 as is with these issues
to new buyers !
2016-10-4
Use props
feethea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 387940 ft
  • >>>

Uptowndisco - both I and the techie tried to downgrade with my X3 and he tried with two others without success. Nowhere can we find someone who has actually done this - not locally nor on the web. He's messaged tech support at DJI Europe in The Netherlands to enquire if 1.9.1.3 is locked.
2016-10-4
Use props
uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry you never managed , I can only say I was able to do the rollback ,  I own both,  but only the x3 would allow the rollback
the Z3 would not and only gave a failed text msg on the sd card ,  hope you get sorted out , my Z3 still has the same issue
that most others are having , to say I am angry this problem has not been fixed by DJI is an understatement considering the cost of the camera.
2016-10-5
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
Canada

uptowndisco@hot Posted at 2016-10-5 02:36
You can roll back to 1.8 if you use the X3 to downgrade , I did but it was no better.
Have to wonder ...

It's been that way all along, with just about everything they make.  Why change things with the z3.
2016-10-6
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

And yet we keep buying this junk in hopes that tomorrow it will get fixed................NOT
2016-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules