Crashed - Need Advice
617 4 2016-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wingsy
lvl.2

United States

Crashed into a tree, fell through the limbs to the ground. Has 4 fractured legs. No other apparent damage.

But before I go trying to snap the legs back into place I'd like some advice on what I can/should do and what not to do.

Can I just apply pressure to the long separated areas and they will pop back into place?

Looks like the small pop out tabs (where you can see one is missing) need to be removed before the legs can pop back into place. True?

And how do I snap the tab out? And how do I put it back?

If anyone can offer some advice here I'd appreciate it. I'd rather learn from you than to take an expensive lesson from myself.

Broken1.jpg
Broken2.jpg
Broken3.jpg
2016-10-4
Use props
Warnberg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24764 ft
United States

http://www.dronenerds.com/produc ... 6-p4part26-dji.html

Replace them... FYI I am not associated with dronenerds at all, just did a quick search and for 29.00 I'd just get new and replace them
2016-10-4
Use props
stymo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 499160 ft
United States

Tape works fine until you can replace.
2016-10-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Looks like lucky escape, I think you can put it back together temporary and yes looks like small tabs would be last to go on,as above has said if it doesn't work $29 for new legs.
2016-10-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Yes the tabs for the screw covers would be the last thing you would need to put back when replacing the landing gear. Please keep in mind, however, that there can be some antenna damage that will affect the overall flight or image transmission in the future. You may want to have the unit sent in for service.
2016-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules