Several Miles of Beach in Devon
1065 6 2016-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
camhinton
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi Guys,

Here is a video of a beach in Devon called Woolacombe. Its one of the bussiest beaches in the UK and is several miles long. I didnt have the range on my drone to get to the end or the battery life which was a shame. Waiting for the Mavic to come out so i can give it another go!

Enjoy,

Cam

2016-10-5
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Really nicely done. But damn that beach looks busy, you could be getting near the 1000 people rule. Is that the beach where your last drone crashed? Personally 0:30 is just dangerous. Good to watch
2016-10-5
Use props
vuzfrKtLUZZP
lvl.2

United States

Really cool video. Yeah, in the US we are not allowed to fly over large crowds.
2016-10-5
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

It's really nice. Thanks for sharing.   Happy flying!
2016-10-5
Use props
camhinton
lvl.2

United Kingdom

vuzfrKtLUZZP Posted at 2016-10-5 19:43
Really cool video. Yeah, in the US we are not allowed to fly over large crowds.

Well neither are we over here! But I had to get some good footage!
2016-10-6
Use props
camhinton
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2016-10-5 19:17
Really nicely done. But damn that beach looks busy, you could be getting near the 1000 people rule.  ...

This one is in Devon, the beach i crashed on is in Cornwall where I live. It is a bit risky but i guess i have the confidence flying it so i just do. It looks good i guess aha
2016-10-6
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Maybe you're confusing confidence with arrogance. I don't think the 'I just do it' argument holds up in court, you are committing a criminal offence by endangering all those people. If you ever fly over my children like that I'd break your ******* fingers one by one

ANO 2016
94.2 The person in charge of a small unmanned aircraft may only fly the aircraft if reasonably satisfied that the flight can safely be made.

How did you mitigate the aircraft failure risks, throws a prop and crashes into lots of people?

95.—(1) The person in charge of a small unmanned surveillance aircraft must not fly the aircraft in any of the circumstances described in paragraph (2) except in accordance with a permission issued by the CAA.
(2) The circumstances referred to in paragraph (1) are—
(a)over or within 150 metres of any congested area;
(b)over or within 150 metres of an organised open-air assembly of more than 1,000 persons;
(c)within 50 metres of any vessel, vehicle or structure which is not under the control of the person in charge of the aircraft; or
(d)subject to paragraphs (3) and (4), within 50 metres of any person.

Think you've got them all, I wonder what your prize will be - lol

Still a nice video, watched it a couple of times now and I think you've got a good eye for this thing.

2016-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules