DJI Mobile shaking like hell
6211 17 2016-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mveerdonk
New

Netherlands

Hi,
brand new user of the DJI mobile (with iPhone 6, IOS 10).
I used the DJI correct at day 1, at day2 the DJI Go app keeps crashing every 30s seconds, at day 3 (and further) when I boot the device and have the DJI Go app running the device is shaking and turning like hell. My iPhone gets flipped around and after 15 seconds the devices is going crazy. So crazy that I shut down the device because I get the idea it wil break.

Anybody any idea/tips?
2016-10-5
Use props
mveerdonk
New

Netherlands

I just tried the same with another iphone (5s). same result. See this video for more details.

2016-10-5
Use props
kkodalen159
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475850 ft
United States

mveerdonk Posted at 2016-10-5 10:50
I just tried the same with another iphone (5s). same result. See this video for more details.

vimeo ...

It definitely looks like there is something going on with the gimbal but in the video it doesn't look like your phone started off balanced correctly.  
2016-10-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It's doing some crazy dance there, I think that's a return job you could delete dji go app and reinstall see if that makes any difference.
2016-10-5
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

mveerdonk Posted at 2016-10-5 22:50

vimeo ...

You have to balance your phone on the gimbal, try that first then see if it works correctly.
2016-10-5
Use props
kkodalen159
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475850 ft
United States

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-10-5 19:34
You have to balance your phone on the gimbal, try that first then see if it works correctly.

Is this thing on...?
2016-10-5
Use props
mveerdonk
New

Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-5 19:05
It's doing some crazy dance there, I think that's a return job you could delete dji go app and reins ...

Delete/re-install of the app makes no difference
2016-10-6
Use props
mveerdonk
New

Netherlands

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-10-6 01:34

I will try and give feedback to you
2016-10-6
Use props
salgado
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12231 ft
Mali

Same problem for me, but on this OSMO. Everything happened since the last update of DJI GO. I am afraid we will have more and more similar issues on this forum...Sorry I don't have a solution yet.
2016-10-6
Use props
omriamos
lvl.1

Israel

I actually ended up ordering the Zhiyun Smooth II, it seems to have all the features of the osmo mobile + some more (built in tripod mount, charge via USB...), and the reviews on YouTube shows great performance, even with large phones and with an extra lens attached.. We'll wait and see.
2016-10-6
Use props
apkhou
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3802 ft
United States

omriamos Posted at 2016-10-6 06:54
I actually ended up ordering the Zhiyun Smooth II, it seems to have all the features of the osmo mob ...

even i am interested in that, please let us know know it compares. does it support motion time-lapse via their app? (or regular timelapse?)
2016-10-6
Use props
omriamos
lvl.1

Israel

apkhou Posted at 2016-10-6 22:11
even i am interested in that, please let us know know it compares. does it support motion time-lap ...

I'm not sure, I was more interested in the core performance of the gimbal - to actually stable the phone (and do it properly, especially while walking/running/driving) which is something that unfortunately osmo mobile (according to the threads and demo videos here) couldn't deliver.
Also the official DJI support told me that it will NOT handle the phone with an attached lens (weights 30-50g) while some test videos from the Smooth II was using an attached lens and was extremely, well, smooth.

Here are some quick top links about this product that made me order one:
(by the way, 5 days worldwide shipping... not 2 month "waiting list"...)

product page: http://www.zhiyun-tech.com/index ... atid=133&id=194

amazon page - read the user reviews and especially the long one with the title "Very happy with the Smooth 2": https://www.amazon.com/Zhiyun-Z1 ... hone/dp/B01F5EE0DS/

osmo mobile vs smooth 2: the smooth can do complete 360 round:

nice official demo:

another demo:

demo video from iphone 6s + attached lens:

some running demo:

running test with iPhone 6 Plus

face tracking: (not as good as osmo's object tracking, but works just fine + you can actually track yourself with the rear camera after putting the phone on a tripod... you can't really do that [by yourself] with the osmo)

another demo / comparison (hand-held vs smooth II), with iPhone 6 + telephoto lens attached:

The osmo mobile looked very good at the beginning as well, until I read all the complains in the forum... so I'm not getting my hopes so high, I'll just wait and see how it goes.
2016-10-6
Use props
mveerdonk
New

Netherlands

Do I need to wait or pray for a new DJI app update? Or open a ticket with DJI?
2016-10-7
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

salgado@un.org Posted at 2016-10-6 18:03
Same problem for me, but on this OSMO. Everything happened since the last update of DJI GO. I am afr ...

Hi, is it working fine before you update DJI Go?

If so, try installing a historic version of DJI Go,

Android: https://apkpure.com/dji-go/dji.pilot

iOS, check this
2016-10-8
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

mveerdonk Posted at 2016-10-7 20:59
Do I need to wait or pray for a new DJI app update? Or open a ticket with DJI?

Hi, if you still have the Osmo Mobile shaking like that, even after you balanced your phone(not balanced in your video), please contact support.eu@dji.com and send in your Osmo Mobile for an exchange.

Sorry about that.
2016-10-8
Use props
apkhou
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3802 ft
United States

omriamos Posted at 2016-10-6 15:27
I'm not sure, I was more interested in the core performance of the gimbal - to actually stable the ...

yes, I too saw most of these videos.
Is Smooth II self balancing?

2016-10-8
Use props
mveerdonk
New

Netherlands

Where can I find the serial number of the OSMO Mobile? Only via the DJI app?
2016-10-13
Use props
omriamos
lvl.1

Israel

I actually really love this Smooth-II gimbal.
Very powerful, good performance, good battery life, completely silent, very small and not drawing attention.

2016-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules