Tilt wheel making gimbal jerk when tilting up
1259 11 2015-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ralph.jjgriswol
New

United States

I just bought a Phantom 2 Vision + V3 and after calibrating the wheel and enabling Naza-M it jerks several times when tilting up before it actually starts to pan up. I have calibrated the wheel and sticks as well as have both phantom and transmitter firmware.
I read other topics where calibrating the transmitter with the switches etc. without the software fixed other peoples issues fixed it however the steps given do not work for me. I do not get the single beep after switching to atti mode.

Any ideas?
2015-2-1
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Do this calibration without connecting to the computer.  It will make the camera smooth movements
093139rmq5ycusimuss1yb.gif
2015-2-1
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

I also have the version 3 transmitter, you have to follow this to the letter and also move the tilt wheel to both ends when it is required.
2015-2-1
Use props
ralph.jjgriswol
New

United States

I've tried to do this as ive seen in other threads however in step 4 when switching to Atti I don't get any beeps at all.
Edit: User eeror! I missed the phrase "Bottom Atti" will try this and get back with results.
2015-2-1
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

ralph.jjgriswol Posted at 2015-2-2 11:10
I've tried to do this as ive seen in other threads however in step 4 when switching to Atti I don't  ...

Are you having the sticks in the proper positions as the instructions say?
2015-2-1
Use props
ralph.jjgriswol
New

United States

This fixed the issue! A kudos to you for resolving my headache.

Off topic I purchases the FPV booster app for Iphone, is this much different than dji vision
2015-2-1
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

ralph.jjgriswol Posted at 2015-2-2 12:05
This fixed the issue! A kudos to you for resolving my headache.

It works together with the dji app.  I haven't got it yet but have studied it.  From what I understand, you power everything up, then start the app booster and your signals are stronger and you can fly farther without losing connection.  There have been threads here of posters verifying that it does work.

How to activate it, I'm not sure, but I'm sure there are instructions of when to activate it

PS,  Glad you got your camera working, Happy Flying!
2015-2-1
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-2 10:51
Do this calibration without connecting to the computer.  It will make the camera smooth movements

Great solution.  Finally works.  Thanks
2015-2-2
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

acenothing Posted at 2015-2-3 01:33
Great solution.  Finally works.  Thanks

Glad to hear that
Happy Flying!
2015-2-2
Use props
Johnootz
lvl.2
United States

I calibrated mine using the RC program.  During the calibration process, after moving the sticks, I moved the wheel both ways until the indicator on the right moved back and forth several times.  Finished the calibration process (you'll notice the X1 indicator is now in the middle.  Mine now works great, no issues at all.  
2015-2-4
Use props
sjramage
New

United Kingdom

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-2 10:51

Fantastic.....well done buddy
I've been searching high and low for this solution
Thanks
2015-4-14
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

sjramage@sky.co Posted at 2015-4-15 02:09
Fantastic.....well done buddy
I've been searching high and low for this solution
Thanks