1st attempt at post production
1023 9 2016-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
michael_judd
lvl.1

United States

after months of practicing flight, and weeks of learning Adobe premiere Pro, finally got 5 hours of vacation videos and stills down to a 5 minute video. Flying and shooting was easy compared to post production, but it was just as much fun. A few mistakes but still learning. Shot mostly in 2.7  24fps with polar pro nd16 filter. exported in 1080HD so be sure to set quality to 1080

2016-10-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It's a nice first attempt, thanks for sharing. I would recommend adjusting the cuts so that they have a continuous flow. It will help when some of the yaw movements are a little jerky.
2016-10-5
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, I suggest you avoid the drastic zooming in at 0:20, and cut out the part of overexposure at 0:50. And make any panning slow and consistent. Thank you.
2016-10-5
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Really nice, stunning landscape. My edit would be 1:29 you could cut this shot of you adjusting the camera, start on a static shot at 1:40.
2016-10-6
Use props
michael_judd
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for all the advise I just toned down the controls on the rc. to help get smoother movement.
Matt, the only reason I left me in that shot was the first part of the shot had the red car coming thru the acrh and I wanted to get the car as it left the shot. All comments are welcome though as this is my first and I intend to get good at editing (with all of your help )
2016-10-6
Use props
vuzfrKtLUZZP
lvl.2

United States

Really good video but I agree with DJI-Thor.
2016-10-7
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft

Beautiful scenery. Work on making smoooooth and fluid movements. And yeah, the zoom transitions are a bit shocking. Also noted some scenes where you were moving in one direction (toward a cliff), then stopped and changed altitude. Better to cut it while you were still moving in the original direction.  And I am still learning too. Shooting/editing video is quite an art form in itself.
Hopefully you live near there because that is a beautiful area. I would be flying there a lot.  :-)
2016-10-7
Use props
michael_judd
lvl.1

United States

Thanks, I toned down the controller sticks about 1/3 so that should make smoother movements. Editing is actually as much fun as flying ( well, almost) This was made more for the editing experience and Premiere Pro is awesome, just a lot to learn. But for the first try, I think its not too bad, Unfortunatly, this area is about 800 miles from home   Been raining and windy here (West Texas) so not had a chance to try new stick settings.
2016-10-8
Use props
Remco40
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56381 ft
Netherlands

Great video,   you say you shot it in 24 fps  but what iso settings and stuff did you use, i like the outcome
2016-10-8
Use props
michael_judd
lvl.1

United States

ISO was 100, I had polar pro nd16 lens. It was shot mostly in 2.7k but edited and exported in 1080. I did shoot some in vivid but found that shooting in d-log (while kinda bland looking straight from the camera) gave me more editing room. Still learning on both filming and editing
Hope to have another one edited by the weekend with all the great suggestions from here.
2016-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules