SoCal Meet Up
2020 19 2015-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nolan222
lvl.2

United States

Anybody in So-Cal, to be specific the San Fernando Valley and surronding areas like to meet up and fly?

2015-2-1
Use props
jsmorse.email
lvl.2

United States

Hi Nolan,

A few of us fly in Van Nuys a couple or 3 times a week, but no real schedule there. The park tends to be kinda busy on Saturday early afternoons.
2015-2-2
Use props
nolan222
lvl.2

United States

Hi Jsmorse, I live in Encino so pretty close. Ill wonder over there sometime.
2015-2-3
Use props
dbeck.promobox
lvl.4

United States

Hey Nolan great meeting up with you today and nice to see you had a drama free and successful flight.  When My bird get here we will have to meet up again at Apollo XI.
2015-2-14
Use props
Shtanky
lvl.1

United States

do you still meet in Van Nuys? where and usually when? I'd like to join if you don't mind?
2015-4-22
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Yes. BUT this wknd there's a big event and I think the helicopter fields are closed
2015-4-22
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

I'm going tomorrow at 9. You are welcome to join. Apollo XI. In the Balboa Park basin
2015-4-22
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

dbeck@promobox. Posted at 2015-4-23 10:04
I'm going tomorrow at 9. You are welcome to join. Apollo XI. In the Balboa Park basin

I wanna go!!! There is an RC park really close to Balboa lake
2015-4-23
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Sepculveda  basin  apollo XI
2015-4-23
Use props
roy
lvl.2

United States

I'm interested in meeting up to fly with people. I'm often in the valley and moving to Encino in the not too distant future.

Hmmm... This might be a good thing to start a Meetup group for, if there isn't one already.
2015-5-7
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Saturday mornings...Apollo XI
2015-5-8
Use props
roy
lvl.2

United States

dbeck@promobox. Posted at 2015-5-8 17:25
Saturday mornings...Apollo XI

Never been there, I'll have to check it out. Any particular time? Morning can mean a lot of things to people. For me 11am qualifies on a Saturday but for some nut jobs that means 7am.
2015-5-11
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Army.  o dark early
2015-5-11
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

Where is this place?
2015-5-11
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Lake Balboa  405 and Burbank  SepulvdacDam Rec. Area
2015-5-12
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

Isn't Sepulveda Dam rec area in a no fly zone and take off / landing approach for Van Nuys Airport.  I used to live down there and would love to fly there but I automatically figured its a big nono as close to  that airport as it is.
2015-5-12
Use props
roy
lvl.2

United States

dbeck@promobox. Posted at 2015-5-12 20:29
Lake Balboa  405 and Burbank  SepulvdacDam Rec. Area

Can you go fly there any day/time or are there specific times where flying is allowed?
2015-5-13
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Go to www.valleryflyers.com
2015-5-13
Use props
FrostyThe2nd
lvl.2

United States

roy@netraction. Posted at 2015-5-14 05:15
Can you go fly there any day/time or are there specific times where flying is allowed?

I usually go in the evenings and all I know is they close the park at sundown.  Park services gives you ample time to pack up at closing.  I can only assume they open the gate at sunrise???  

You'll have to check http://www.valleyflyers.club for the event calendar as they do have competitions that you'll have to sign up to fly on that day.
2015-5-13
Use props
28wins
lvl.3

United States

This thread deserves a bump.

Is there any meet coming up?

I don't fly where I live and I am willing to travel up to 50 miles to catch a good crowd of owners and a beautiful scenery.
2016-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules