Osmo Mobile & iPhone 7. Case suggestions?
2272 5 2016-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tedkulp
lvl.1

United States

I'm going to buy an iPhone 7 (4.7") in the next few days. I have to use a case because I'm a klutz and have had nothing but bad experiences going case-less. Has anyone has any experience with a decent case that will somewhat protect the phone but will still work in the Osmo Mobile? I'd love any suggestions so that I don't have to just randomly buy things on Amazon until I find the right one.

Thanks!

2016-10-6
Use props
kkodalen159
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475850 ft
United States

My go-to cases are the Spigen Ultra Hybrid for any model.  I had one with my iPhone 6s Plus and now with my Note 7.  I like the clear case because I tend to go for a phone with a neat color and I don't like hiding it with a case.  They offer great drop protection without adding bulk to your phone.  My Note 7 works great in the case with my Osmo Mobile and it is nice that I don't have to keep taking it out each time I use it.  Hope this helps.
2016-10-6
Use props
jalexartis
lvl.2

This works for me. I use the iPhone 7 Plus. The fully extended gimbal arm still fits in the DJI shipping case. Check it out at Amazon.com.

2016-10-8
Use props
TokyoStreetView
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1211378 ft
  • >>>
Japan

jalexartis Posted at 2016-10-8 19:27
This works for me. I use the iPhone 7 Plus. The fully extended gimbal arm still fits in the DJI ship ...

How did you deal with the foam? Is this the original DJI Foam you are using?

2016-10-9
Use props
jalexartis
lvl.2

TokyoStreetView Posted at 2016-10-10 07:45
How did you deal with the foam? Is this the original DJI Foam you are using?

I used the egg-crate foam in the top, set aside the pick & pull foam in the bottom, and replaced it with the DJI foam that came in the OM shipping box.
2016-10-9
Use props
TokyoStreetView
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1211378 ft
  • >>>
Japan

jalexartis Posted at 2016-10-10 12:03
I used the egg-crate foam in the top, set aside the pick & pull foam in the bottom, and replaced it ...

Ok, got it!

I will order one from Amazon US as it is 150 USD cheaper than in Japan (Amazon Japan)...

You can't imagine how Japanese company screw people over on imported goods.
2016-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules