Video Settings in Updated iOS app
1201 7 2016-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AtomicKid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 366270 ft
United States

Just updated to the latest build of the DJI Go App for iPad (as of October 2016) - completely stumped as to where the Video frame size settings have been moved to. Even more frustrating is that the support matterial, and search (Google and the like) aren't producing any results! How did DJI not post a manual related to the latest update of the app? I pride myself in finding the answers on my own with a little effort but just wasted the past 15 mins trying to find ANYTHING.
All I can find are standard camera controls. If I got to Photo mode I can choose SD or HD, but no settings for frame size or frame rate. Where did that go???!
2016-10-6
Use props
info.skycamnz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 661152 ft
New Zealand

Switch all equipment on as if to fly. What you are looking for doesn't appear otherwise.

Click on the 'sliders' icon beneath the red record button on the RHS of the screen.

Click on the camera icon (video settings)Top of the list you will find 'Video Size' Under that tab you will find what you are looking for.
2016-10-6
Use props
AtomicKid
lvl.2
United States

Was making changes to the camera while both the craft and controller was powered up.

Are you using version 3.0.0 of the GO app? Tapping the sliders brings up a simplified control scheme that doesn't include "Video size".

I will take a screen shot and post in a few.
2016-10-7
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

AtomicKid Posted at 2016-10-7 15:48
Was making changes to the camera while both the craft and controller was powered up.

Are you using ...

Take a look right here, you need to tap the  Camera  Icon to get to the Frame Rate,  Makes no sense to me either.  This 3.0 went off half baked.
Hope this helps .
Make sure you are in  flight Standby mode to see all the settings properly.  

donnie
frame rate.PNG
2016-10-8
Use props
sthuemmel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1749321 ft
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-8 08:56
Take a look right here, you need to tap the  Camera  Icon to get to the Frame Rate,  Makes no sense ...

Donnie,
Is this on  an IPAD or Android?
thanks,
steve t
2016-10-8
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

sthuemmel Posted at 2016-10-8 09:25
Donnie,
Is this on  an IPAD or Android?
thanks,

This is on my I pad

Hope it helps

donnie
2016-10-8
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

I posted above for you as well

donnie
2016-10-8
Use props
AtomicKid
lvl.2
United States

Wow, that's crazy. I'll take a look and see if that works. I tapped on camera, thinking maybe they did something bizarre like that - and all I had as an option under video size was 4:3 or 16:9. No actual dimensions.

** UPDATE **
So, yes, the settings are now burried under still camera settings, and only made themselves available once we everything was fully connected. A feature that is really frustrating from a production standpoint, as we like to have all the settings exactly the way they need to be before we step out the door...
2016-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules