Lakeside, My first bits of footage
687 9 2016-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sky Mike
lvl.3
Flight distance : 357503 ft
United Kingdom

Posting now this is some of my first footage and only now got round to hacking it together, im no means a pro editor, im learning, hope you enjoy the footage from lakeside, lake windermere.
2016-10-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Sky Mike, that's great, thanks for sharing, look forward more nice videos!
2016-10-6
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Mike,

Nice video!  Looks like the proprietors of the rental shop were a little concerned about your presence.  Good escape!  Nice subject matter, very interesting site.  I am glad you persevered.

It would have been nice if your PANs were smoother.  Be sure to use PAN settings when you know you will be doing that type of video shot.  24 and 25 Frames per Second (25 is the flicker rate of your eyes to see smooth movement) are good for straight shots with little background motion since they conserve resources.  But motion requires 30 Frames per Second (FPS) at a minimum unless you want the jerkiness in your camera movements and PANs.  50 and 60 FPS are good for fast moving videos and can be edited into slow motion if you like.  Slow motion is relative if you think about it.  As long as you have nothing in the scene that acts like "slow motion", it can really make your clip look smooth.

Be sure to record at the highest resolution your resources will allow (2.7K?).  This will reduce the noise and make a crisp, clean video.  Then edit down to your desired resolution.  When you upload the video, be sure to go past the YouTube upload indications.  YouTube processes the video to allow higher resolutions after it is finished uploading your video.  If you publish too soon, the video will have less than the best quality available.  You Tube needs time to decompress the video for full resolution.  I publish at least 15 minutes after it is allowed by YouTube per half Gigabyte of video.  Anyway, these are just a few suggestions that will make it more fun the next time you edit and upload your video.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-10-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Nice one mike good job
2016-10-7
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Nice job, Sky! I really enjoyed it.

Jerry
2016-10-7
Use props
Sky Mike
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Cetaman Posted at 2016-10-7 11:28
Aloha Mike,

Nice video!  Looks like the proprietors of the rental shop were a little concerned ...

That reply is exactly what I wanted, it has solved a few questions I had about camera, the only issue that day was the dji app updated and reset my settings, I used the ones posted here about butterfly smooth settings, and I edited most the judder out but I will definitely try the higher res and slower fps, and post, one can only learn more form your very informative post and time to post, thank you
2016-10-8
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sky Mike Posted at 2016-10-8 09:55
That reply is exactly what I wanted, it has solved a few questions I had about camera, the only is ...

Aloha Mike,

Remember that higher FPS can always be reduced during editing where possible and kept at high FPS when you need the clip to be smooth.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-10-8
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

that looks like some beautiful lake front... nice work
2016-10-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

That's such a lovely location, thank you for sharing.
2016-10-8
Use props
Sky Mike
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Heebus Posted at 2016-10-9 01:09
that looks like some beautiful lake front... nice work

Hi it really is a beautiful lake in Cumbria, its lake Windermere, I was at lakeside part of it and hope to get more footage from Cumbria as this time of year here it is beautiful.
2016-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules