If I lose my Drone.....
1129 6 2016-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Murilo Carmello
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1562549 ft
United States

If for some reason my drone fall or because of low battery I need to landed somewhere, I´ll have on my map the place of landing and I can rescue the drone using the mapMy question:

Can I disconect the controler and go only with my phone or I need to carry along the controler connected to the phone  ?
2016-10-7
Use props
artur.arturhern
lvl.1
Flight distance : 568773 ft
United States

I say you can.   The reason I think so because when I come home after flying and open up my iPad it shows where was the Phantom when last time I was flying.  But let see what other people say.
2016-10-8
Use props
Murilo Carmello
lvl.4
Brazil

Problem solved, today I tested and if you have a problem like this, you can disconnect the controler and use only the phone to rescue your phanton
2016-10-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You can fly the Phantom 3 without the RC but then we have no control of the camera or other drone parameters.

Not sure how you could control the drone with only the smart device. Seems undoable to me. ;-)
Where are the sticks to move it?

RedHotPoker
2016-10-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If you disconnect the RC from the app, you would need to ensure that the app doesn't get closed out. In that case you would want to take a screen cap of the map in case it does go away.

The best method is to keep the RC and aircraft connected to the Go app, so that you can see your progress in tracking it.
2016-10-23
Use props
Murilo Carmello
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-24 02:24
If you disconnect the RC from the app, you would need to ensure that the app doesn't get closed out. ...

I did a test this weekend, even if you turn off the Phantom and controller, the APP will show the last position of the Phantom and the APP will updating your position as you are moving, then in a rescue operation, you do not need to bring together controller.
But, I found very useful your suggestion to take a screen picture, if you have problems with your phone or if the APP finish
2016-10-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Murilo Carmello Posted at 2016-10-25 00:00
I did a test this weekend, even if you turn off the Phantom and controller, the APP will show the  ...

Hopefully you won't ever need to use it, but at least it's available in case emergencies occur. Happy flying!
2016-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules