Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mobile: can I lock the pan axis?
2863 3 2016-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
7fcvm1wGwgu4
New

United States

I have found that the pan axis was doing a rather poor job of following my rotational movements to the right or left. It's pretty choppy when turning around a corner. In that kind of situation, the gimbal can be slow to follow my movement, and then all of a sudden it makes a big left/right motion to catch up and align itself. Before you ask, I have balanced and calibrated the device.

I would like to have the option to lock down the pan axis and control that motion myself.

Is it possible?

2016-10-7
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, do you have a video showing how severe the issue is?  Does the camera show sudden movement even when you pan slowly?  Also, check the motors on the gimbal, do you feel any friction when you use your hand to move it?(when the Osmo's off)
2016-10-7
Use props
di1337
New

United States

Here is a video to demonstrate the issue. Look at the camera movement when I turn left to get to the mailbox.

I can't feel any stickiness when the gimbal is off.

I take it there is no way to lock the pan axis though? I see a few other threads discussing the issue on here (with the regular Osmo)

2016-10-8
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

di1337 Posted at 2016-10-8 11:04
Here is a video to demonstrate the issue. Look at the camera movement when I turn left to get to the ...

Hi, I'm sorry to say it's confusing to me because I can't see your control input.  I can't see if the gimbal is turning by itself or you asked it to turn.

In the new DJI Go app, you can set the thumb stick input speed, try if this helps
2016-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules