Tripod mode and others being added to the P4?
1500 10 2016-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jprocter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 292671 ft
United Kingdom

Do we know if the bespoke Mavic settings and features are coming to the P4. It's got the same sensors why couldn't it adopt the same feature list. Being cheaper that the P4, more compact and having more features why would anyone buy a P4 anymore?
2016-10-8
Use props
leostark
lvl.2

Australia

I actually have the same question, from all the information that's floating around, Mavic Pro is almost as good as Phantom 4 (some say even better) but heck, I'd compromise and buy a Mavic Pro if the quality is >90% of the Phantom 4 which seem to be the case. So I don't really get how DJI is going to play this, anybody got theories?
2016-10-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

leostark Posted at 2016-10-8 12:36
I actually have the same question, from all the information that's floating around, Mavic Pro is alm ...

Hopefully some of the generic features will be transferred to upgrade P4, will be a disappointment if the dont
2016-10-8
Use props
leostark
lvl.2

Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-8 19:45
Hopefully some of the generic features will be transferred to upgrade P4, will be a disappointment ...

Yeah that's what I don't understand. If there isn't any kind of market segmentation, that's a suicidal move for Phantom 4 in DJI's part and I can't fathom they'll do that to themselves!
2016-10-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

leostark Posted at 2016-10-8 12:51
Yeah that's what I don't understand. If there isn't any kind of market segmentation, that's a suic ...

I know what you mean, but that's exactly what they done with osmo+ and osmo mobile.
2016-10-8
Use props
leostark
lvl.2

Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-8 20:01
I know what you mean, but that's exactly what they done with osmo+ and osmo mobile.

Yeah, unless they see something that we don't see or have some ulterior plan, I can't understand it. I don't think anyone would officially answer either, all we can do is speculate I suppose.
2016-10-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

leostark Posted at 2016-10-8 13:18
Yeah, unless they see something that we don't see or have some ulterior plan, I can't understand i ...

Yes only answer you will get is we will pass it on , it would make a lot of sense to upgrade P4 otherwise I can see sales for it falling through the floor, we will have to wait and see
2016-10-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

leostark Posted at 2016-10-8 13:18
Yeah, unless they see something that we don't see or have some ulterior plan, I can't understand i ...

I set up a poll so let's see
2016-10-8
Use props
leostark
lvl.2

Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-10-8 20:32
Yes only answer you will get is we will pass it on , it would make a lot of sense to upgrade P4 ot ...

Yeah I can definitely see Phantom 4 sales falling through the floor, after all, there's no reason to buy the same drone at a more expensive rate (which is what the vibe is under current marketing scheme)
2016-10-8
Use props
jprocter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 292671 ft
United Kingdom

I think the average person would be more than happy with the mavic, it's at least very nearly as good as the P4, some say marginally better. Especially if you've got an inspire, just get a pocket ready mavic as a back up or 2nd drone with hardly any extra  bulk to carry.
2016-10-8
Use props
plasrobin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 128839 ft
Belgium

I for one hope that the tripod mode is coming to my P4.

I think the Mavic is pointed to a different user segment.

I don't know what you people think, but when i'm flying a have a lot of trouble with sun, the sun is almost always on my screen. And that is crucial, because you can't see if your subject is in focus or to bright/dark.
The mounting arms that hold the smartphone on the controller seem to light to support the extra weight of adding a sunshade like a hoodman if its possible anyhow because it needs some space to strap the shade on.
The bigger field of view is better for me, you can see more without going to high, that is safer.
I've heard that the controller does not charge your phone, unlike the p4 controller does, that is a downside two.
The better signal strength is only good if you live in a FCC region, because when you use a P4 controller with a parabolic windsurfer, i believe the signal will be better then a stock mavic with CE

Well thats what i think at the moment

But for people that like to hike this thing is nice, i think the p4 is better for me, it all depends on what you want to do with it.
2016-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules