Phantom 4 Gimbal Issue
1613 5 2016-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
leostark
lvl.2

Australia

Hey Guys,

Seeking your advise on a problem I have with the Phantom 4 I got a week back. It flew well first few times but a couple of days back, the gimbal got completely stuck at a weird position and didn't respond to any command from the controller. No amount of restarting nor IMU/gimbal calibration rectified it so I was freaking out and came back home. Tried it after a couple of hours and gimbal was no longer stuck but was very slow to adjust. It was already night so I didn't fly it and tested it the following day. Gimbal returned to normal operation and I was able to get a good flight but in the evening, horizon tilt occured. IMU calibration gets rid of the horizon tilt but it occurs again intermittently. Sometimes after a single flight, sometimes after burning 3 or so batteries worth of flights. The slow adjust issue with the gimbal occurs from time to time as well.

My question is this, it's not even 4 days when I first encountered these issues. Hence I think I've received a faulty Phantom 4. Is there any way for me to verify that my Phantom 4 is faulty so that I can exchange it for a new one? I don't want to continue with temporary remedies in case I get stung by the same problem a month after now.

Thanks for your input.
2016-10-8
Use props
leostark
lvl.2

Australia

Any ideas?
2016-10-8
Use props
dsmith01247
New

United States

Id say you should use it as much as possible before your return policy is over to make sure because I had a problem with mine and then reset everything downgraded and upgraded firmware and now my 30 days is up a week ago and now I think the light bright shit the bed and I should of just returned it when I had the chance but I thought it was just a software issue but its looking as if I have a defective Phantom 4. This is frustrating paying this much money for something and having to deal with issue after issue. I am wishing right now that I  just returned it instead of thinking it was just a software glitch but its hard to say. Thats why I say fly as much as you can and make sure you if doesn't happen again......
2016-10-8
Use props
leostark
lvl.2

Australia

Yeah that's what I'm thinking as well because it's unpredictable and I don't know when it returns. But if I burn a couple of batteries, it's definitely returning so I'm guessing it certainly is a defective unit.
2016-10-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Have you crashed the aircraft before?
It's probably a hardware issue.I'd suggest you to send it in for evaluation.
You can get in touch with tech support at support@dji.com.
2016-10-8
Use props
leostark
lvl.2

Australia

Hi Mindy, nope, I just got it a week back and it literally never touched the ground because I've always caught it. Yeah I agree it's probably a hardware issue and therefore a faulty unit. I'm in Sydney and purchased the drone from an Australian reseller so I'm just gonna send it to them and either get it replaced or refunded. Thanks for your input.
2016-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules