Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
james
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3571634 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hi all.
My first post here. Some of you might find this interesting. I picked up a thermal camera a few days ago and here's what the Phantom charger looks like in thermal vision. Seems to charge pretty cool. The batteries on either side are warm simply because they are pulling heat from the middle battery.

Hope you find it interesting.  
2016-10-8
Use props
Bond
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1364534 ft
United States

I always allow my batteries to completely cool before placing in the balance charger. I've never noticed any temp change, but I don't have a thermal camera.
2016-10-9
Use props
Bond
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1364534 ft
United States

The power adapter does however get warm.
2016-10-9
Use props
cubguy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85505 ft
United States

James, How did you record the image? I have a thermal camera to, with cross hairs. Do you have an external monitor? Or did you video thru the view finder? Great video. Thanks for posting.
2016-10-9
Use props
james
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3571634 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

cubguy@alaska.n Posted at 2016-10-9 20:07
James, How did you record the image? I have a thermal camera to, with cross hairs. Do you have an ex ...

Hi Cubguy.
I used the "Flir One". It's a Thermal Camera for the iPad. There's also an Android version. The included App can take photos, video and Pano's.

It's quite good in what it can do when it's working. The software is just a little buggy at the moment and it requires the camera to be restarted from time to time. Other than that, it's great and dead handy for the price.

Regards
James.
2016-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules