How to get black bars Or cinematic footage on dji osmo
3630 3 2016-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
faisal_kharl
New

Hi I have recently purchased the osmo and loving every thing about it so far. I have noticed  few  users have uploaded cinematic footage samples of their videos on YouTube.
How can I achieve the BLACK BARS/cinematic look on top and bottom of my Video clip. Is there a link or setting in dji go app?

Initially I assumed there is an built in option for cinematic video look with black bars .
I am assuming I have to use softwares like film pro , premiere adobe and others to get the black bars,

I have tried multiple options on the dji go app. I see video editing software part also. But job luck.

Please advise someone
2016-10-8
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Normally you would do this at the editing stage, so that you can use, for an example, an aspect ratio of 1:2.39. When you've finished editing, the final video is generated in the same aspect ratio of the time line.

This is the usual way it's done, so that you can move the picture within the frame.

Another way is to edit the video and then apply a top-and-bottom crop when generating the final video -- but that's just simple cropping.

Frames from an Osmo clip 16:9 (standard) and 1:2.39 timelines:

KESTON_2016_AR2m.jpg
KESTON_2016_AR1m.jpg
2016-10-9
Use props
tridmluu
New

United States

You will need to do this in post editing. You shoot and frame it correctly then apply the black bars in editing...or you can be fancy and export out as 2.35:1 in post...That will look way better than the black bars.
2016-10-11
Use props
nickel18.gmail
lvl.1
Flight distance : 114301 ft
United States

If you want to get the full cinematic look I highly recommend using filmic pro and filming in 24fps. With the filmic pro app you can choose your aspect ratio to the look you want with bars or even 1:1 for snap chat and instagram.
2016-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules