9158 57 2016-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yah I know... always two sides to everything.

Rich
2016-11-9
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Henry,
I think the wait will be over on Nov 15, 2016

Rich
2016-11-9
Use props
Henry M.Y.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi Richard,

Can't wait! Is the macro shot @ 0:10 in the video one of the front obstacle avoidance camera?

Henry
2016-11-9
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Henry M.Y. Posted at 2016-11-9 10:07
Hi Donnie,

The reactions here in HK have also been mixed. But judging from the speech he gave after ...

I am optimistic that President elect Trump can shake things up in the Washington establishment and make some much needed changes.  Mr Trump has always said that part of his success in the private sector has been hiring the best people for the job , If he does the same thing with the governemnt then success should be in out future.

I just hope he stays presidential and  realizes he is  on the world stage as a role model and must act accordingly.

So to answer your question , bottom line is I am optimistic about  our  future  here in the USA .

Peace for all of us on this blue marble we call home ....

(As Henry said , sorry to be off topic , but I really wanted Henrys views from CK.)

donnie
2016-11-10
Use props
Henry M.Y.
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

WeTalkUAV posted photos claimed to be the charging hub and battery of the Inspire 2.
Despite the power button and LED indicators on the aircraft suspected to be the Inspire 2, the battery still have a power button and 4 LEDs. Also interesting is the cylindral charging hub which unfolds itself to expose 4 charging slots.

Henry

Inspire 2 Battery

Inspire 2 Battery

Battery on Charging Hub

Battery on Charging Hub

Inspire 2 Charging Hub

Inspire 2 Charging Hub
2016-11-11
Use props
Henry M.Y.
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

A closer look at the teaser video "DJI - Every Story is an Experience", it seems there are clues of the Inspire 2 motor, front obstacle avoidance camera, and carbon fibre tube.
Henry

Inspire 2 Motor?

Inspire 2 Motor?

Inspire 2 Front Obstacle Avoidance Camera?

Inspire 2 Front Obstacle Avoidance Camera?

Inspire 2 Carbon Fibre Tube?

Inspire 2 Carbon Fibre Tube?
2016-11-11
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Henry M.Y. Posted at 2016-11-9 21:51
Hi Richard,

Can't wait! Is the macro shot @ 0:10 in the video one of the front obstacle avoidance  ...

Yes, this is all looking very interesting and the photos you provided seem to be showing what a lot of us have been wishing for. I see they have changed the battery connector in the same way the P4 and Mavic have gone... So this will mean that everything for the Inspire 1 is not compatible! Don't know if the cameras will remain the same mounting system (hope so)

Wonder how much they are going to charge for the new Inspire 2 ?  I would need to start selling my old stuff.. or just wait and see how they fly.  I love the Inspire 1 and it does everything I throw at it.

Rich
2016-11-12
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-10 09:19
I am optimistic that President elect Trump can shake things up in the Washington establishment and  ...

Agree with you on this Donnie

another avatar?

Rich
2016-11-12
Use props
Henry M.Y.
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-11-13 13:18
Yes, this is all looking very interesting and the photos you provided seem to be showing what a lo ...

Hi Rich,

I've just been back from flying my Inspire 1 and Mavic Pro. Whilst the Mavic Pro locked its place solidly in the air and accurately tracking subjects, the mobility and agility of it with obstacle avoidance on is nowhere comparable with the Inspire 1.

The difference in feelings between 35kmh and 65kmh is HUGE!

My biggest problem with my Inspire 1 is the relatively short flight time in particular with the X5 on it, and the intermittent video downlink freezings with the latest firmware.

I look forward to the Inspire 2, anticipating the OcuSync transmission and the dual batteries system greatly improve the shortfalls of the Inspire 1.

Don't give away your Inpire 1. It will become collectors' target in the years to come.

Henry
2016-11-12
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't think we are going to see delays with the inspire 2 that we are with the mavic because of its higher price tag, around 3 grand I'm guessing. It will be to pricey for the masses.
2016-11-13
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Henry M.Y. Posted at 2016-11-12 21:55
Hi Rich,

I've just been back from flying my Inspire 1 and Mavic Pro. Whilst the Mavic Pro locked i ...

I think the other thing the Inspire 2 will have is two IMU and compass circuits just like the Mavic and P4. Having a backup IMU and compass certainly solved the fly away problems. I wonder how much flight time the Inspire 2 will have with 2 batteries? Weight is the enemy on our aircraft and the more power you add to overcome the weight just lessons the time in the air.

My new Mavic will arrive the same day the Inspire 2 is going to be announced...

Good things are coming for sure

Rich
2016-11-13
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-11-13 06:29
I don't think we are going to see delays with the inspire 2 that we are with the mavic because of it ...

Hi RL
I think you are right about the masses, but do you remember with the Inspire 1 first came out. they had delivery delays too.

I think I will wait until the ordering storm is over this time.

Rich
2016-11-13
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-11-14 01:36
Hi RL
I think you are right about the masses, but do you remember with the Inspire 1 first came ou ...

When the first inspire was released I waited a couple of months to order, I will defiantly do the same this time. The problem I'm having is I have a rather large collection of drones now, right around 16 of them so I'm probably going to have to sell a few. I don't really want t sell any but there's no way I can fly them all anymore, I just don't have the time.
2016-11-13
Use props
RolandM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29902 ft
Austria

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-11-13 18:36
Hi RL
I think you are right about the masses, but do you remember with the Inspire 1 first came ou ...

For the first model of the I1 there was a need for setting up a complete new production line including suppliers...the I2 looks like being an upgraded version of the I1 - same basic design with added features, therefore I think and hope there will be no production delays - I'll keep my fingers crossed!{:4_169:}
2016-11-13
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-11-13 11:58
When the first inspire was released I waited a couple of months to order, I will defiantly do the  ...

Holy Cow ( as Harry would say  .... go Cubs )  16 quads , that's  quite a fleet .  I sold my Phantom 3 pro and am going to get the Inspire 2 when it comes out , I may wait just a short bit to see what the masses are saying but  it will be sooner and not later.  I hope I can use my new X5 camera on this new system.

donnie  
2016-11-13
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-11-13 09:58
When the first inspire was released I waited a couple of months to order, I will defiantly do the  ...

RL,
Wow 16 .....  to feed and keep up with! I agree that is a bit much to keep track of for sure.  I will wait and see ...... I will need to slim down my DJI air force as well. My new Mavic will be arriving on Nov 15 after the new Inspire 2 show release.

That will keep me busy for now
Rich
2016-11-13
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RolandM Posted at 2016-11-13 10:11
For the first model of the I1 there was a need for setting up a complete new production line includ ...

I think you are right, but it looks like many changes will be made and even more suppliers will be onboard with the new  Inspire 2

Rich
2016-11-13
Use props
Henry M.Y.
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

The Inspire 2 was announced. Tons of cutting edge technology are put in to it by DJI aimming for the film making industry.

The move of the image proceeding engine from gimbal of the X3 / X5 to the nose of the Inspire 2 means the gimbal connection interface is completely different, leaving the I1 and I2 systems incomparable.

The dual battery system, the more powerful motors for higher paid load, the front bottom and top obstacle avoidance systems, the transformation design, the X4S and X5S high resolution high bitrate cameras we have been speculating are all confirmed.

Nice works, DJI!

Henry
2016-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules