Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Only one green light flashing when Phantom turned on
1808 10 2016-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dls0680
lvl.1

United States

When I turn on my phantom 2 vision plus both green lights flash on but then once its on only one green light flashes and no other lights are on at all on the Phantom.   Any idea what this could be or how I can fix it?  
2016-10-9
Use props
dls0680
lvl.1

United States

Does anyone have any idea why?
2016-10-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

dls0680@yahoo.c Posted at 2016-10-14 07:19
Does anyone have any idea why?

Could you happen to provide a small video of how the aircraft is behaving?
2016-10-13
Use props
dls0680
lvl.1

United States

https://vid.me/YgdK
2016-10-14
Use props
dls0680
lvl.1

United States

Hopefully you can see it here
2016-10-14
Use props
dls0680
lvl.1

United States

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k87g93hzg9qaqwn/20161015_130830.mp4?dl=0

Here is a good link to the video of what it's doing I think.    I have tried everything.   I have calibrated everything.   I even did a hard reset and reinstalled the software again.   None of the yellow or red lights come on at all.   The motors do spin and it reads satellites.    I can't figure it out and I would guess by the time I packed it up and sent it in to dji I could buy another Phantom 2 Vision+ for the same cost with shipping and repair?    Please any suggestions on what it might be and how to repair would be greatly appreciated.    I get to see my kids on weekends and my son and I love to go fly this.   I cant afford a new one so repairing it myself is the only option right now.   I have not crashed it or had any hard landings.   I have my son catch it or I catch it out of the sky.   
2016-10-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Based on the video, it seems that it's a hardware issue with the LEDs. The issue could lie with either the individual LED components or the center board itself. Just to verify, you're not getting any error messages with the Vision app or in the Phantom 2 Assistant software? Did you notice this after a firmware update, hard landing or long term storage? It would help if you hit 'reply' to the post you're responding to, so that the person can be notified.
2016-10-15
Use props
dls0680
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-16 00:56
Based on the video, it seems that it's a hardware issue with the LEDs. The issue could lie with eit ...

Hi Jamie,
Thank you very much for your reply.   I noticed it after a hard landing kind of.    By accident my son got to close to a tree and hit some branches  only about 2 feet off the ground.   It did not even really fall from the sky it stayed hovering and kind of slowly wobbled to the ground.   We took it back off and it flew fine.   I did not notice the lights being out at the time we just kept flying for a while longer.   I noticed it when I got back home after charging my batteries.  No error messages at all except an error that comes up when its sitting on the ground saying gimbal obstruction.  Once I move the cam to the straight forward position the error goes away.   
2016-10-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

dls0680@yahoo.c Posted at 2016-10-17 00:40
Hi Jamie,
Thank you very much for your reply.   I noticed it after a hard landing kind of.    By a ...

Do the motors on the gimbal seem to move freely when moving it by hand, or is there some friction? Have you already tried an IMU, then a X1 calibration in that order to try and alleviate the gimbal issue?
2016-10-16
Use props
dls0680
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-16 22:19
Do the motors on the gimbal seem to move freely when moving it by hand, or is there some friction? ...

It wants to stay pointed down at a 45* angle and you can hear it trying to move but just stays in that position unless I use the flight program on my phone to move it up to level but you can still hear the gimbal motor.   If I tilt the Phantom backward and make it so the camera is looking level it stops making that noise.   I have done an IMU calibration but not an x1 calibration.   I don't have the new type controller with the knobs on the back to adjust the camera.   Can I still do an x1 calibration? If I am able to do the IMU and the X1 do you think that may help the gimbal problem and the light problem?    I know it's not warrantied if I had to send it in for repairs do you have an idea of what that might cost me?   I have a feeling sending it in would be out of my price range especially before Christmas.     I really appreciate you trying to help.   
Davre
2016-10-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

dls0680@yahoo.c Posted at 2016-10-18 04:43
It wants to stay pointed down at a 45* angle and you can hear it trying to move but just stays in  ...

Since you have the old style remote, an X1 calibration would not be possible. There are still some dealers that may have the gimbal tilt level upgrade component, if you would like to have it. The IMU/X1 combination would have potentially helped the gimbal issue, but not the LED one. Preferably if you try to move the gimbal by hand while it's turned off, that would be able to tell you if the tilt motor is physically bent or not based on whether or not you feel any friction.

As far as repair, I unfortunately would not be able to give you a price, though you could have the repair team take a look at it and they can give you a quote before they perform any repairs. That way you can decide whether you want to move forward with the repair process.
2016-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules