DJI Mavic Pro Shipping Vigil
41526 206 2016-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sgammon1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 426575 ft

I also received the email this morning. Looks like November for sure according to Apple.com
IMG_4184.PNG
2016-10-18
Use props
aethernex
lvl.1

United States

sgammon1@gmail. Posted at 2016-10-18 08:38
I also received the email this morning. Looks like November for sure according to Apple.com

Apple has always been receiving it in November. This was mentioned in the unveiling.
2016-10-18
Use props
T_A_Rogers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68537 ft
United States

Best buy has an Oct 31 date.. Do they know something we don't?
2016-10-18
Use props
p8cqSt04jIXR
lvl.1

United States

I have two ordered. One from DJI and one from Apple. The one from Apple says "processing items" and my card was charged. Spoke to a chat rep and she said that she was unable to cancel the order because the items are getting ready to ship and should do so within 24 hours. Not sure if there is a mess up on their part or something.
2016-10-18
Use props
gburk
lvl.1

United States

Interesting related question: My order for the Mavic (placed 9/28) is still pending, but I noticed that DJI has given me a credit (it is pending as well) for 1% of my order total. The type is listed as "loyalty." I wonder if they are trying to make up for the delayed shipping. Does anyone else see this on their account?
2016-10-18
Use props
Maverikster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24672 ft
Netherlands

gburk Posted at 2016-10-18 18:20
Interesting related question: My order for the Mavic (placed 9/28) is still pending, but I noticed t ...

Yes, same here. Pending credit for 1% of my order total... nice touch
2016-10-18
Use props
hyderja
lvl.3
United States

Maverikster Posted at 2016-10-19 00:22
Yes, same here. Pending credit for 1% of my order total... nice touch

They always do this and the credit should have been right after you had ordered originally.
2016-10-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

gburk Posted at 2016-10-18 17:20
Interesting related question: My order for the Mavic (placed 9/28) is still pending, but I noticed t ...

This is normal practice for purchasing with dji, when I purchased my P4 i and everyone who purchased got a voucher/ gift to purchase 2 batteries for the price of 1, hopefully with all delays they will include this with Mavic....
2016-10-18
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

I ended up cancelling my order this morning, and I feel a lot better about the Mavic situation. I had ordered the Fly More package through Amazon, but decided the was little point in waiting. I will absolutely get a Mavic, but not until a later time when they are available in stores, and when I do, I will just get basic package with Mavic, Controller, and a single battery, then purchase an additional battery, and a USB C cable. The reality is that flying weather is coming to an end, and I would have little opportunity to fly it before the snow comes. I was really hoping to get some drone shots of the changing leaves, but I immediately got rid of my P4 and ordered the Mavic, thinking it was just going to be 2 or 3 weeks. Oh well... It's hard to be drone-less, after you have had one, but the Mavic will be available soon enough. I already have my case of choice, and am making a few launch/landing platforms from a $15, black, 1/2" thick 2'x6' Yoga mat from Walmart. By the time I get one, the firmware should be all sorted out as well.
2016-10-18
Use props
drummerdude2112
Banned

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-10-18
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>

According to forum rules, we can't argue about company policies or say anything about a competitors product. Is that why all these posts are being deleted? Though DJI was a "South" Korean company.
2016-10-18
Use props
Travis199
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144039 ft
United Kingdom

nico@nibweb.net Posted at 2016-10-18 17:48
**** The author has been banned or deleted automatically shield ****

What on earth is that all about!!!! What's going on!!
2016-10-18
Use props
incogneito
lvl.2

United States

trance728 Posted at 2016-10-19 00:53
According to forum rules, we can't argue about company policies or say anything about a competitors  ...

Dji in in China. Also if we can't say anything about a competitors product, there is a thread saying a competitors inferior product is in stores already which is impossible, but the thread is still active.
2016-10-18
Use props
tristan56
lvl.1

United States

gburk Posted at 2016-10-18 11:20

I know that they don't HAVE to do anything but it seems like 1% is just a slap in the face. I put 1300 down on this thing and you think 13 bucks is going to make me happy?
2016-10-18
Use props
drummerdude2112
Banned

2016-10-18
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
  • >>>

incogneito Posted at 2016-10-19 00:55
Dji in in China

Ahh, I guess I was thinking of Samsung. My previous post is not as funny now.
2016-10-18
Use props
Travis199
lvl.3
United Kingdom

This is becoming ridiculous now!!
2016-10-18
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
  • >>>

I wonder why this thread hasn't been deleted with the others.
2016-10-18
Use props
fsaiso
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1201132 ft
Mexico

gburk Posted at 2016-10-18 11:20

The now give you 1% in DJI credit on every order you pay for, it's a loyalty program.
2016-10-18
Use props
fsaiso
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1201132 ft
Mexico

tristan56 Posted at 2016-10-18 11:55
I know that they don't HAVE to do anything but it seems like 1% is just a slap in the face. I put  ...

DJI has been giving 1% of each purchase as "credit" for months, it has nothing to do with shipping dates or compensating angry customers, is just a loyalty program you can use at any time when you make a purchase.
2016-10-18
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

trance728 Posted at 2016-10-18 11:58

Ken is probably cleaning up the duplicate threads.   That would be my guess.   It would be hard to find answers to non-shipping related questions if you have to wade through 10 shipping threads.
2016-10-18
Use props
z7BdJFqOQUAg
lvl.2

Saudi Arabia

trance728 Posted at 2016-10-18 19:58

For many reasons:

to ease customers pressure, contral, observes, so they can plan their next senseless email(without a decent apology).

people, you just lend them money based on an keynote show and a couble of youtube videos. it's obvious that they lied about the shipping date. funny their maketing team are still marketing for pre-orders. online customer service will still not give you any soild information.

the only person I have respect to is Ken who have nothing to do with sales.
sorry Ken
2016-10-18
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

z7BdJFqOQUAg Posted at 2016-10-19 01:18
For many reasons:

to ease customers pressure, contral, observes, so they can plan their next sens ...

http://www.latimes.com/business/ ... 009-snap-story.html
2016-10-18
Use props
z7BdJFqOQUAg
lvl.2

Saudi Arabia

watuse Posted at 2016-10-18 20:23
yeah and they are also going to work with the government so they could shoot down the drones RIGHT ...

how would you explain thier rushed false promised shipping date few days after Karma was announced.

don't tell me overwhelmed orders not a single order have been shipped.

2016-10-18
Use props
z7BdJFqOQUAg
lvl.2

Saudi Arabia

funny you answered your self. I do have respect to you too
2016-10-18
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

z7BdJFqOQUAg Posted at 2016-10-19 01:33
funny you answered your self. I do have respect to you too

if you have 10,000 units in the warehouse and you have 50,000 orders that is not being overwhelmed? They have do the inventory of those 10,000 and label it prepare packaging, and then put carrier label of shipment for destination and then carrier scans it. When its about to leave the warehouse, then you get a notification saying item ship and you would have a track number if your are in the last 50,000 in the order list, they are first come first serve your lucked out, and have to wait for the next batch of the manufacture.
2016-10-18
Use props
josh.nass
lvl.1

United States

I come to this thread to hear stories of laypersons talking to foreign customer service about mass production and shipping logistics.  Its like a modern day fantasy genre.

Spoiler alert, customer service has no idea what the actual ship date are, neither does Best Buy or Apple.  DJI smacked a homerun and needed to ramp production, anyone's guess is possible at this point.
2016-10-18
Use props
Kentucky Drone
New

United States

watuse Posted at 2016-10-18 13:23
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-counterdrone-tech-20161009-snap-story.html

If someone shoots down my drone, there will be blood. lol
2016-10-18
Use props
tbruinsma
lvl.1
United States

Kentucky Drone  Posted at 2016-10-18 14:10
If someone shoots down my drone, there will be blood. lol

There is case law in the books regarding this. Regardless of the location the drone is over. (Excluding Restricted Airspace) Anyone shooting down the drone is responsible for damages and required to reimburse the owner. There was a nice case of this where a homeowner downed a quad with a shotgun, he was later arrested and charged with felony destruction of private property. It was a surprising case given that the operator was flying over private property. It was later identified that this follows the same rules as registered aircraft. If a helicopter flies over my home; i do not have the right to shoot it down.
2016-10-18
Use props
uscjoker23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32087 ft
United States

I just spoke to someone from DJI on their Chat. They told me Shipping will begin Mid October. I said we are past mid October and I wanted to know if shipping has started yet. They said it has not started and they don't know why. They said they are waiting for HQ to give them information.

On another note, I noticed a few of you said that you get status on your order from the apps. What app are you using? I have both he DJI Go app and the DJI + Discover app and I don't see anywhere where I can see the status of my order. Can you provide details on what app and how to see it?
2016-10-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

uscjoker23 Posted at 2016-10-19 02:28
I just spoke to someone from DJI on their Chat. They told me Shipping will begin Mid October. I said ...

This is the official email that you should have received if you ordered the Mavic.

Dear Customers,

We said at our Mavic Pro launch event that we would begin shipping in mid-October. We’ve just passed that, and if you’re wondering where your Mavic Pro is, we’d like to offer an update.

Since unveiling the Mavic Pro, we’ve had amazingly strong global demand. Production is in full swing, and we will be fulfilling orders as fast as we can. If you have a DJI customer account, we’ll be sending you updates, or you can check for new information in our online store  http://store.dji.com/product/mavic-pro  

We thank you for your enthusiasm and patience and for being a DJI customer.

Best,
Adam Najberg
Global Director of Communication
DJI
2016-10-18
Use props
Airwater
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1517057 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-18 19:31
This is the official email that you should have received if you ordered the Mavic.

Dear Customers ...

Reading between the fog and mist of the update, it talks about production being "in full swing" and how they "will be" sending units out. It appears to mean that they are not going to be sending out units in the imminent future and are manufacturing flat out. So pretty much what we knew already from the fact that nobody has received a shipping notification.
2016-10-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Airwater Posted at 2016-10-19 02:49
Reading between the fog and mist of the update, it talks about production being "in full swing" and ...

When there is an update, I'm sure you will get an immediate email notification.
I truly am sorry for the delay and I can assure you that DJI is working as hard as possible to ship.
2016-10-18
Use props
Revs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 73514 ft
United Kingdom

Seems pretty clear that they've found an issue that needs sorting before they can start shipping, otherwise shipping would have begun, they will have had at least some stock ready on the 15th. These things happen. I'm sure they're all running round like busy bees trying to sort whatever it is that's holding things up. Ken, didn't you say they were working 24hr shifts? Not sure what more you can ask.
2016-10-18
Use props
braddahjosh808
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1868376 ft
  • >>>
United States

I pre-ordered on the 28th knowing that I would get my drone before Nov. 9 when I will be leaving on a trip to New Zealand. Now i'm short $1300 (which I could have used on my trip) and no DRONE!!! If I had known that it wouldn't be shippid out till November I would have saved the money and waited till I got back. I probably won't even be able to receive it when it ships in November because i'll be out of the country. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!
2016-10-18
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

Revs Posted at 2016-10-18 14:16
Seems pretty clear that they've found an issue that needs sorting before they can start shipping, ot ...

They could have some folks working right along the international date line.   That way they could work 24 hour shifts during two days at the same time.    That would probably speed up time to market.
2016-10-18
Use props
gckless
lvl.2

United States

braddahjosh808 Posted at 2016-10-18 15:19
I pre-ordered on the 28th knowing that I would get my drone before Nov. 9 when I will be leaving on  ...

You didn't know you would get your drone before then. Even despite the possible and current delays, what happened if they ran out of stock before your order? There was no guarantee here. A pre-order through any company is a gamble, for anyone to think otherwise is naive. And that $1300 you're obviously willing to give up, so not sure why you're complaining about that. You could cancel, or request that they hold your shipment until you get back. You should probably just be patient, they might be working out hardware issues right now. Would you rather get it and then have it bite the dust and have to return it anyway?
2016-10-18
Use props
Travis199
lvl.3

I just think the way the CS department is dealing with this is really poor, im happy to wait for my Mavic I really am, but the company owes its loyal customers some clear answers about whats going on...we have each plunged at least £1000 into a product and its now come to the point where they are pretty much saying like it or lump it.....Ive never seen anything like it
2016-10-18
Use props
GREY C
Banned

United States

2016-10-18
Use props
PeterNG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 223058 ft
Germany

Just found on Amazon.com,

Price:         $999.00 & FREE Shipping. Details
This item will be released on November 15, 2016.
Pre-order now.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.
2016-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules