Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Will you sell your P4 to buy the Mavic?
2644 35 2016-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
waynepj3
lvl.3
  • >>>

I can't justify two drones but I love my P4. I want to find out how many are selling their P4 to get the Mavic.

2016-10-9
Use props
msduncanrolltid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

I sold my P3S to buy it.
2016-10-9
Use props
denkurtiger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 446417 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

i stole my mom money to buy it,
2016-10-9
Use props
Steve Salter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 421060 ft
United Kingdom

denkurtiger Posted at 2016-10-10 07:36
i stole my mom money to buy it,

I have a P4 and don't plan on selling it. I can't justify having one drone, let alone two. So sod it, I'll buy the mavic too
2016-10-9
Use props
dj.trillium
lvl.2

United States

I sold my P4 a couple of days after announcement. I was conditioning myself to hate the mavic, telling myself that this tiny bird was going to blow away in a stiff breeze and those skinny legs will break in no time. But within hours I had been massaged into loving the mavic even before feeling it for myself. Then panic set in that the value of my P4 was going to crumble so I dived onto fleabay without further thought and that was it. No more P4. Lost a few hundred £'s but what the hell, I mountain bike, hike and snow board and this is what ive been waiting for. Just hope its not a turkey now as I did love that P4!
2016-10-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I'm going to keep my P4 for the moment anyway, it's truly a great aircraft an I love flying it , it has exceptional landscape and video photography, I think there will be many teething problems with Mavic, as you can see they are already looking for people for beta testing even before customers receive it, but I do think in time they will iron out a lot of the problems, it seem to be the way of the drone market, I'm looking forward to getting my Mavic..
2016-10-10
Use props
vraghdash
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66594 ft
Hungary

i sell my p3a
i dont want to sell, but my wife threating me: "if 2 drone at home, she devorce"... i do the right thing?
2016-10-10
Use props
Sky Mike
lvl.3
Flight distance : 357503 ft
United Kingdom

There are pro's and cons to take into account biggest for me is justifying loosing 4-500£ after taking into account all the extras ie charging doc nd filters extra batteries, then start all over again, id personally wait and see what the mavic shows in its 1st year and then go for the next mavic, then i could say well iv had my use out of the p4 and it can be a back up, as the biggest pro for the mavic to me is portability thats its one and only best selling point (we know of atm) so ill sit on the fence and wait and watch.
2016-10-10
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

I sold my P3S, but am reluctant to order the Mavic due to:

Unknown problems with new craft
DJI's reputation for dismal customer service
The fact DJI's software forces my Android phone to reboot.

The phone thing is a real killer at the moment. I can't justify buying another $1000 phone to operate a $1000 toy.
2016-10-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a P4 and will not sell it, the Mavic and the P4 will both get used.
2016-10-10
Use props
dj.trillium
lvl.2

United States

I agree, I could have been a little quick to jump onto the mavic platform after only 8 months with the P4 and without even knowing the mavic niggles. However what I found was that I was missing so many opportunities to fly and film due to portability that it almost became not worth having. The weather here in the UK means that ideal windows are relatively infrequent and when we do get a great day we are off out as a family and i'm left carrying a baby or a picnic on my back while holding a dog and a toddler. No room left to attach a drone! The mavic however is a game changer on that front, the mrs can carry that in the nappy bag without even knowing lol... game on!   
2016-10-10
Use props
bikkelrealg2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 481175 ft
Netherlands

Sold P4 preorder Mavic
2016-10-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

You will love the Mavic.
2016-10-10
Use props
dj.trillium
lvl.2

United States

Lol Ken, you better change your name and start running if the Mavic does turn out to have serious reliability or quality defects.. you have sold more Mavic's than the whole DJI advertising and sales team combined!   
2016-10-10
Use props
Exib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sold my P4 this weekend,  Mavic pre ordered
Dam you Ken
2016-10-10
Use props
F6B-Rider
lvl.2

Selling my P3A today (guy will pick it up, no shipping) got a decent price. but has case, DBS ,and other goodies, oh well. It has been a great bird but I need something that will fit on my Motorcycle as I ride all over the country, and I have missed so many awesome shots due to lack of space to carry it. I would keep it but have to many hobbies as it is.
2016-10-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dj.trillium Posted at 2016-10-11 00:02
Lol Ken, you better change your name and start running if the Mavic does turn out to have serious re ...

Ha, I wish. I may be responsible for a few sales, but there's probably hundreds of thousands sold.
2016-10-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Exib Posted at 2016-10-11 00:06
Sold my P4 this weekend,  Mavic pre ordered
Dam you Ken

I have no plans to sell my P4, the Mavic will just be a welcomed addition.
2016-10-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

F6B-Rider Posted at 2016-10-11 00:14
Selling my P3A today (guy will pick it up, no shipping) got a decent price. but has case, DBS ,and o ...

That's what I love about it, there's so many cool places I ride my motorcycle to and there's no way I'm going to strap the P4 case to my bike. The Mavic will easily fit into one of my saddle bags. I could probably fit at least 5 Mavic's in there.
2016-10-10
Use props
airobotix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

I'm replacing my P4 with a Mavic, so if anyone wants a barely used (less than 1 hour flightime P4) let me know .
2016-10-11
Use props
edconrad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4784872 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am currently droneless after selling my P3P.  I want a P4, but will wait until the Mavic proves itself.  I am not happy about using my phone for FPV, tho.  Does that bother other people awaiting their Mavics?
2016-10-11
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Keep it, if you crash you've always have a spare.
2016-10-11
Use props
skyrider420
Banned

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-10-11
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

I will test the Mavic and decide if I want to sell my P3 after testing.  
2016-10-11
Use props
alanw2005
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39918 ft
Canada

Thinking about this myself. Would keep both for a little while. But then again, I might wait for the Mavic 2. It will be out next year and people will be drooling. I wonder what DJI will sell the P4 for? Or will they discontinue it? If they keep it in the line up, it should sell for way less than the Mavic, no?
2016-10-11
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I will not be parting with my P4, I've just finished a weekend of flying (10 full flights in all, some gorgeous 4k video) so have a bit of editing to do.
If the Mavic lives up to expectation then I might consider buying one next year, or will it be a P5 ?
2016-10-11
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-10-11 16:19
I will not be parting with my P4, I've just finished a weekend of flying (10 full flights in all, so ...

I agree there will be a Mavic Pro 2.  AND there will be a Phantom 5.

They are different aircraft.
2016-10-11
Use props
timenudge
lvl.1

South Korea

the man you are searching is here
2016-10-11
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

I will be keeping my P3S, P4, and many, many other copters that I flew over the years and buy a Mavic as well.
2016-10-12
Use props
MWW1977
lvl.1

United States

I'm keeping my Phantom 1 because it's a pre-historic drone compared to all the other stuff from DJI .
On the FB pages I also see a lot of P3's and P4's for sale....yet I'm not going to buy them.....I've got my Mavic Pro in pre-order.  
I think I'll give the P1 to my sons (7 and 9 years of age) who both are flying there Cheerson CX10 indoors better then me!
So now they can try and fly the big stuff........outside....in a HUGE wide open field!
2016-10-12
Use props
ultraflight77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 881598 ft

Had my phantom 3 pro listed on flee bay for what I thought was a steal of a price,then I started to look at recent sold phantom 3's and I ended it early. Not giving it away just cause the new DJI mavic release killed the resell value. Keeping it! Still have a phantom 1 as well. Ordered the Mavic anyways!  Super siked...
2016-10-12
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

ultraflight77 Posted at 2016-10-12 08:47
Had my phantom 3 pro listed on flee bay for what I thought was a steal of a price,then I started t ...

Well now you can get some nice areal footage of your new Mavic in flight using your P3!  Or have dogfights...
2016-10-12
Use props
ultraflight77
lvl.3
Flight distance : 881598 ft

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-12 23:57
Well now you can get some nice areal footage of your new Mavic in flight using your P3!  Or have d ...

Right! I have done a few videos of the p3p following the p1...
2016-10-12
Use props
2000vadasz2
lvl.3

United States

that is true but if you think about how portable the magic is compared to the phantom its a deal breaker. With some recent footage it has been proven that the magics camera is BETTER than the Phantom 4. It preforms better in lowlight conditions and the sky and sunsets look way better than on the phantom 4. The propellers also very surprisingly never get into the propeller unless you are taking very sharp turns in sport mode. It is insane how little propellers you see in the footage compared to the phantom 4. And its not just for instagramers but even some people who need pro footage can use mavic. If you are wondering where i got all this information pls watch iphonedo's video It really shows how much better phantom 4 is than magic. Hope this helps your decision.
2016-10-12
Use props
2000vadasz2
lvl.3

United States

Sky Mike Posted at 2016-10-10 07:51
There are pro's and cons to take into account biggest for me is justifying loosing 4-500£ after tak ...

Thats a good idea and that is defiantly what i am planning to do after what happened to the inspires z3 camera...
2016-10-12
Use props
garysalo
New

2000vadasz2 Posted at 2016-10-13 00:54
that is true but if you think about how portable the magic is compared to the phantom its a deal bre ...

It seems to me the point of that video is to show how much better the Mavic is over the phantom 4
2016-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules