Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Any way get DJI to change their map?
472 4 2016-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Robert L
New

United States

Took the Phantom 3 to the Mississippi river for some fall foliage shots. I was able to shoot just fine, but line of sight navigation was tricky due to all four lights being red and the screen indicating a nuclear power plant in the vicinity. I know full well that there are only two nuke plants in my home state, but researched just to be 100% before taking to the internet.

So, the plant was once a small nuclear plant, but was decommisioned in the late 60's. All the unspent fuel was shipped overseas (Italy).

Is there a way to petition DJI to remove the errant classification? I'm assuming they pull their info from some government registry though, but it's worth a shot.
2016-10-10
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Actually, DJI do not maintain the list of warning zones or restircted zones, it is maintained by a US Based third party company.
2016-10-10
Use props
Paddle Faster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 678825 ft
United States

You wouldn't happen to be in western Wisconsin / eastern Minnesota would you?
2016-10-11
Use props
Robert L
New

United States

Close, Central Minnesota.
2016-10-11
Use props
Paddle Faster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 678825 ft
United States

Robert L Posted at 2016-10-11 12:24
Close, Central Minnesota.

Hello Robert, I know of which power plant you speak of. I drive by it a couple times a month.  Im about 50 miles east of La Crosse.
2016-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules