Southern California suggestions
821 2 2015-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dfry
lvl.1

United States

I'm going to be in So Cal on business in a few weeks and I'm planning on taking my Inspire 1 with me. Does anyone have any suggestions for some cool flying locations? Something with craggy landscape or ocean cliffs, unusual structures, etc. And some place where I'm unlikely to get accused of violating people's privacy?

I'm loving my drone but I to fly it somewhere besides snowy, bleak Michigan. :-)

Thanks!

Dave

2015-2-2
Use props
FrostyThe2nd
lvl.2

United States

For craggy landscapes, try googling up Corriganville Park, Rocky Peak Park, and Stoney Point.  These are in the same general vicinity so you'll find similar landscapes, just different crowds.  

There are plenty of seaside cliffs along PCH so you'll have your picking.  I have only been to Leo Carrillo Beach and have not gotten any grief from anyone yet.  I even take off right next to the lifeguard tower as they seem to have the best views.

Then there's also the Los Padres and San Gabriel Mountains where topography ranges from the LA Basin up to 10,000 ft with roadways taking you up to about 7000 ft.

If you're looking for flying fields, my favorite is  the Apollo Flying Field in Van Nuys, CA.  Again these pops up in Google search with pictures, videos, and directions so it's worth more than a thousand words.

2015-2-2
Use props
dfry
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the tips, Frosty!
2015-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules