Not DJI Intelligent Battery Problem
2397 3 2016-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trphoto
New
Belize

I recently bought three new DJI Intelligent Flight Battery for Phantom 2 from B&H Photo (DJI Intelligent Flight Battery for Phantom 2 CP.PT.000395 B&H). My Phantom 2 will not start with these new batteries, but flies fine with the three older ones I have.

When I plug the Phantom into the software, I get the dreaded "Not DJI Intelligent Battery". I am using the DJ6 remote controller, but the Phantom will not start with these batteries. As I mentioned, my old batteries run fine which I think rules out bad contacts or lose connections.

I wonder if these are DJI batteries even though B&H says they are, and they are identical in every way with my old batteries except the serial number on the bottom does not start with DJ and there is a strange Q-code which only is a number. I've attached two images of the batteries front and bottom.
[size=14.666666984558105px]

Is there anything I can do to get these batteries to work? Returning is not practical as I am out of the country at the moment. Thanks!

2016-10-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi ,please try to update the firmware and clean the connectors of the battery and the drone.
If the error persists , please keep us posted.
2016-10-11
Use props
trphoto
New
Belize

Firmware updated, contacts clean. It works with the older batteries . but not with the new ones, which makes me think it is the batteries.  Strange as they are DJI batteries from B&H, and somewhere I read (though I can't find it now) that new batteries have to be activated with the Phantom?  Have you heard anything like that?
2016-10-12
Use props
trphoto
New
Belize

OK, recycled software and found I had an upgrade to apply.  Upgrade software, reconnected controller to P2, and now the batteries work.  Thanks for all the help and suggestions.
2016-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules