Does the RTH at the station?
2016-10-22
Use props
Swiss-Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes, it's rock solid  in the air and all functions work.
No sign of the 'toilet bowl', altitude hold is spot on.
2016-10-22
Use props
iSkyUnmannedSys
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7152087 ft
  • >>>

Swiss-Tony Posted at 2016-10-23 12:18
Yes, it's rock solid  in the air and all functions work.
No sign of the 'toilet bowl', altitude hol ...

I had a test yesterday morning. It does appear the small increments in in improvements now has my S900 flying perfect. UMI calibration is a bit more involving now but no biggy if it's helping stability.

Would be nice now if DJI do unlock the F ports for LB2 users and not just third party controller, although that is a step in the right direction.
2016-10-23
Use props
Sky-Sight Aeria
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

iSkyUnmannedSys Posted at 2016-10-21 17:21
Yeah about ten minutes after my previous post lol.

Couple of tips. And as per the read me file from ...

Hi,
Where is the read me file you refer to in your helpful notes?
2016-10-23
Use props
Matze_80
lvl.1
Flight distance : 178776 ft

Swiss-Tony Posted at 2016-10-22 23:59
That's one more than me.
I can only test 3 of 8.
I've flown today though and all is sweet apart fro ...

When testing not to 5% but to 10%
2016-10-23
Use props
iSkyUnmannedSys
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7152087 ft
  • >>>

Sky-Sight Aeria Posted at 2016-10-23 23:31
Hi,
Where is the read me file you refer to in your helpful notes?

Here you go, lazy :p
http://www.dji.com/a3/info#downloads

2016-10-23
Use props
fjeppe
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

Who is beta testing these products? if there even is a beta testing team? If there is, why do DJI use people thats not using these system to the fullest? Perhaps a new beta testing team is needed, one that really wants options, because it cannot be in DJI best interest that they release a product, which only gives complaints like the A3 has done, this product was really not ready for the advanced users.

Think if there had been a really good set of advanced users, who beta tested these system to the fullest, and reported alle of this stuff in, like the port mapping etc. and DJI then released a product that was ready for the requirements of the advanced users, that would really be awesome, because as i see it now, DJI have some serious scratches in their paint.
2016-10-24
Use props
Juan carlos3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31768 ft
Spain

I'm looking for and do not see anything.
where to find as calibrate the A3?
2016-10-24
Use props
Sky-Sight Aeria
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fjeppe@gmail.co Posted at 2016-10-24 09:12
Who is beta testing these products? if there even is a beta testing team? If there is, why do DJI us ...

Hi fjeppe,
I agree with your sentiments entirely. This product was not ready for those who need the more advanced features. As far as beta testers, apart from customers who buy in good faith, I don't think there are any and no one takes us very seriously. I think DJI believe we are a lot of wingers who don't know what they are doing and apart from suggesting firmware updates and reloading firmware, not a lot of solutions come from DJI but from those who work it out the hard way and share it on this forum.
We have no idea what is going on and whether even to expect the features we have paid for? It really is appalling consideration, especially as most of us have spent as much on their products as would buy a motor car. It really takes all the pleasure away from what is generally a great product. If there was an alternative that offered the potential of DJI, I would buy it just to get rid of the aggravation factor.
2016-10-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Swiss-Tony Posted at 2016-10-22 01:45
Hi Jamie,
With A2 you could map these channels to the function switches on the LB2 transmitter, I un ...

I'm confirming the capabilities for Lightbridge 2 after this latest firmware update at the moment, I'll get back to you on that soon.
2016-10-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Matze_80 Posted at 2016-10-22 04:32
I can only test 4 out of 8 engines? BUGS?

When you say you're only able to test 4 of the 8 motors, do you get an error message or does it just not spin at all when you attempt to test it? Do you use a Spreading Wings frame or a 3rd party one? Your aircraft type was still selected correctly after the firmware update, correct?
2016-10-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Swiss-Tony Posted at 2016-10-22 23:59
That's one more than me.
I can only test 3 of 8.

I'm hoping if you can answer the same questions as I asked Matze. Since you did happen to fly it, I would assume that the aircraft type was still correct on your end.
2016-10-25
Use props
ckk.post
lvl.4
Denmark

Swiss-Tony Posted at 2016-10-22 17:59
That's one more than me.
I can only test 3 of 8.

I can not even test a single
what is happening for you dji it is supposed that you should just go out and take the risk and see if it can fly
at this so call pro system
2016-10-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ckk.post Posted at 2016-10-26 03:32
I can not even test a single
what is happening for you dji it is supposed that you should just go ...

Could you please answer the same questions as Matze in post #51?
2016-10-25
Use props
ckk.post
lvl.4
Denmark

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-25 23:59
Could you please answer the same questions as Matze in post #51?

before the upgrade no problems and no bugs it is and x8 on futaba
2016-10-25
Use props
Sky-Sight Aeria
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-25 19:43
I'm hoping if you can answer the same questions as I asked Matze. Since you did happen to fly it,  ...

Hi Jamie,
I am using the S 1000 frame. There are no error messages, but only  three motors spin.
It flies OK but I bench tested first to make sure everything was OK.
I have to say the flight characteristics are much improved with the latest firmware.

2016-10-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ckk.post Posted at 2016-10-26 13:06
before the upgrade no problems and no bugs it is and x8 on futaba

When you attempt to do a motor test, do you get an error message or does it just not respond at all when you attempt to test it? Was your aircraft type still selected correctly after the firmware update? Can you do an ESC calibration? Do you use DJI ESCs or 3rd party ESCs? Is the ESC Type selected properly in the ESC Setting section?
2016-10-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Sky-Sight Aeria Posted at 2016-10-26 14:53
Hi Jamie,
I am using the S 1000 frame. There are no error messages, but only  three motors spin.
It ...

Do you recall which motors you were able to test? Are you only able to test those motors specifically or do the testable motors change when you restart the aircraft or the Assistant?
2016-10-26
Use props
ckk.post
lvl.4
Denmark

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-26 17:45
When you attempt to do a motor test, do you get an error message or does it just not respond at all ...

I get no errors and no nothing happens when I test motors
it is the correct aircraft type i use 3rd party esc
and I could test before upgrading ?all the motor could be tested so it must bee an error in the  upgrade
2016-10-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ckk.post Posted at 2016-10-27 00:44
I get no errors and no nothing happens when I test motors
it is the correct aircraft type i use 3rd ...

Is it like Sky-Sight Aeria where the unit seems to at least bench test fine? If all seems well otherwise, then this may just be an Assistant issue. Just to get some more information, are you using the Windows version of Assistant 2 or the MAC version?
2016-10-26
Use props
ckk.post
lvl.4
Denmark

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-26 22:12
Is it like Sky-Sight Aeria where the unit seems to at least bench test fine? If all seems well oth ...

Windows version
2016-10-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Matze_80 Posted at 2016-10-24 03:13
When testing not to 5% but to 10%

Along with the questions that I asked you on post #51, what Assistant 2 version are you running? Are you using a MAC or Windows computer?
2016-10-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Thank you. Just to make sure that I'm on the same page, have you tried any bench tests like Sky-Sight Aeria? If so, does the unit seem to operate fine outside of being able to motor test in the Assistant?
2016-10-26
Use props
ckk.post
lvl.4
Denmark

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-26 22:49
Thank you. Just to make sure that I'm on the same page, have you tried any bench tests like Sky-Si ...

Things appear and work as it should
and the motors rotate the right way
has not yet flown
2016-10-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ckk.post Posted at 2016-10-27 05:07
Things appear and work as it should
and the motors rotate the right way
has not yet flown

Whenever you have the chance to test would be great. For now I will report the motor test issue with the Windows version of the Assistant 2, as it does not seem to be affecting the aircraft itself based on what is being reported thus far.
2016-10-26
Use props
ckk.post
lvl.4
Denmark

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-27 00:14
Whenever you have the chance to test would be great. For now I will report the motor test issue wi ...

Thanks I see just when I get time I'll return
with how it went
2016-10-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Swiss-Tony Posted at 2016-10-22 01:45
Hi Jamie,
With A2 you could map these channels to the function switches on the LB2 transmitter, I un ...

I have confirmed that the F channel customization is currently only available for SBus receivers. This function will be made available for Lightbridge 2 at a later date in the form of a LB2 firmware update.
2016-10-26
Use props
ckk.post
lvl.4
Denmark

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-27 00:14
Whenever you have the chance to test would be great. For now I will report the motor test issue wi ...

Then I tried it flies a little uneasy, I think
braking, on the other hand is soft
Must try this weekend also as it was only in the garden I flew
IOC can I  not  registered on my screen (I could then even not  before the upgrade)
it is only at the flashes you can see it ?
When using futaba
2016-10-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ckk.post Posted at 2016-10-27 22:51
Must try this we ...

Could you clarify what you use for FPV? Have you already calibrated the IMU since you've updated? Let us know if there are any additional changes after flying a little more.
2016-10-27
Use props
ckk.post
lvl.4
Denmark

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-27 19:13
Could you clarify what you use for FPV? Have you already calibrated the IMU since you've updated?  ...

I use  iosd mark ii I have only  calibrated  gps (pro version)
do you think  I also  must  calibrated the IMU  ?

one more thing, what happens to imu calibration
must be moved 7 time I do not understand?

2016-10-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ckk.post Posted at 2016-10-28 01:48
I use  iosd mark ii I have only  calibrated  gps (pro version)
do you think  I also  must  calibrat ...

Yes I would recommend performing an IMU calibration for good measure. Just to clarify, you see that message when you connect the A3 to the Assistant? Could you provide a screenshot of the message? Only the Mavic requires for you to rotate the aircraft multiple in order to complete its IMU calibration. That A3 just requires the aircraft to be placed on as level of a surface as possible, like the previous A2 did.
2016-10-27
Use props
ckk.post
lvl.4
Denmark

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-27 23:57
Yes I would recommend performing an IMU calibration for good measure. Just to clarify, you see tha ...

you see that message when you connect the A3 to the Assistant?

yes
There is also a picture of a3 IMU ?
and you can not move on until you've done something that is rotated
2016-10-27
Use props
Sky-Sight Aeria
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ckk.post Posted at 2016-10-27 15:51
Must try this we ...

Have you enabled IOC in the assistant?
You can now programme the function switch in the centre and lower positions.
IOC is now integrated with the GPS function and is not separate as it used to be on the 'F' position.
There is now a 'sport' mode which I have replaced my 'F' with.
2016-10-28
Use props
ckk.post
lvl.4
Denmark

Sky-Sight Aeria Posted at 2016-10-28 10:47
Have you enabled IOC in the assistant?
You can now programme the function switch in the centre and ...

Yes, I have
could you possibly show a picture of itshould just say I use futaba
2016-10-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ckk.post Posted at 2016-10-28 13:27
you see that message when you connect the A3 to the Assistant?

yes

I was able to do some further digging, and I did find that they did change the IMU calibration process, which is similar to the new Mavic system. You can place the unit in those positions in an indiscriminate order and still have the IMU calibrate successfully. You just need to ensure that the unit is left in that position long enough to give you a green check mark next to the corresponding picture. If the aircraft needs to be repositioned, then you will see text letting you know to correct it.

There are six sides in total, and each one will have a green check mark when that position is complete.
2016-10-28
Use props
ckk.post
lvl.4
Denmark

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-28 18:45
I was able to do some further digging, and I did find that they did change the IMU calibration pro ...

one should keep or lie the drone
can see it need to be  upright and upside down
must it lie still in the positions ?
seems not very logical
bearing in mind a3 is for larger drones  (min is certainly not small)
and a cable connected to your computer
2016-10-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ckk.post Posted at 2016-10-29 02:37
one should keep or lie the drone
can see it need to be  upright and upside down
must it lie still  ...

I understand where you're coming from, it's going to feel a little more cumbersome than normal. It's supposed to ensure a more precise calibration, especially when using multiple IMUs. Yes it would require for the unit to stay on those sides for about a minute or so before it can move one to the next pose. It gives you time to get the aircraft into position, so you don't need to worry about trying to move the unit too quickly.

Depending on how you have your computer set up, you should be able to acquire a long enough USB cable to give you enough distance from the computer to rotate the aircraft when needed. You may need someting to prop the landing gears high enough to level the side out, then two boxes or chairs (as an example) to prop it upside down without damaging the GPS puck.

When placing the unit sideways or upside down, disconnecting the gimbal would be best in order to avoid motor damage. For Z15, it would be just disconnecting the GCU cable from either side. For Ronin MXs, performing a motor kill should suffice (if you leave it connected to the aircraft all the time) or just do not install when performing the IMU calibration.

2016-10-28
Use props
ckk.post
lvl.4
Denmark

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-29 00:35
I understand where you're coming from, it's going to feel a little more cumbersome than normal. It ...

Ok sounds very complicated
but thank you for your answers

Do you know whether you can see  you have enabled ioc
is it only on the  flashes when using futaba
for on my FPV screen I can not see anything change
2016-10-28
Use props
Sky-Sight Aeria
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It sounds  more complicated than it is and once you've done it a few times it's no more difficult than compass calibration.
The same calibration procedure is now on the latest app and shows an M100 as an illustration.
If you do it via the app there is no need to get tangled up in a USB cable.
It is vital, however that the aircraft is completely still in each position until that phase is complete. You cannot manually hold it steady enough for an accurate calibration. (I tried it)
Jamie's tips for  the various gimbals is sound as the aircraft is powered up and in extreme positions which may damage a gimbal motor.
It is also vital that when doing the four vertical calibrations that the deck is perfectly vertical to the ground.
I used 4 pieces of wood of the correct thickness to gently lay the edge of the deck on during this process.
It worked for me for two reasons, that you can tilt the aircraft to vertical, quickly in any direction and it will stay perfectly still during the calibration.
The wood is also useful for inverting the aircraft on.
If you're prepared and confident of the process, it takes less time than the old way.
And it flies better.
2016-10-29
Use props
ckk.post
lvl.4
Denmark

Sky-Sight Aeria Posted at 2016-10-29 13:23
It sounds  more complicated than it is and once you've done it a few times it's no more difficult th ...

If you do it via the app
I use futaba ?
But thanks for the explanation
2016-10-29
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules