Osmo Video and Sound Not Syncing
905 4 2016-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gjzamora4
lvl.1

United States

Does anyone have problems with sound and video not syncing? This past weekend, I used my Osmo to record my son's performance at the Texas RenFest. When I checked on the recording I noticed that the video and sound was not sync. Luckly my son will be performing again in two weeks. Any suggestion from anyone? I have the latest software and using provided external microphone.
FYI - DJI support is not very good. I have another issue, unchargable battery, that is on week two of support. Although there are multiple threads on the subject, it is taking them 3-4 days just to respond to an email that I sent after they requested additional information. I responded within an hour after I received the email.

2016-10-12
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

A couple of questions:

At what stage does it lose sync? Immediately, after 1 minute, 2 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, etc.

What resolution were you filming in, and the speed  e.g. 4k/25fps

If you took more than one recording, was it a problem with them all?

What is the firmware release on your Osmo?
2016-10-12
Use props
gjzamora4
lvl.1

United States

LenMiddx Posted at 2016-10-12 13:10
A couple of questions:

At what stage does it lose sync? Immediately, after 1 minute, 2 minutes, 5 m ...

The lost sync occurs immediately.

I am shooting at 3840X2160 24fps

I have the latest firmware for both Osmo and DJI Go.

What is interesting is that the first recording did not sync; however after the intermission of the show, I stopped the Osmo. I then started recording the second half of the show. The second recording is fine. I read somewhere that if you record like 20 seconds at the beginning, the preceding videos will be fine.  Could this be my solution until the issue is resolved.

FYI - I followed the recommended guideline for the Micro Memory Card. Do you still need to format the card when you use it for the first time?
2016-10-12
Use props
jojoenglish85
lvl.2
United States

This just happened in my latest video and im trying to figure out what the deal is myself.
2016-10-12
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

gjzamora4@gmail Posted at 2016-10-13 04:48
The lost sync occurs immediately.

I am shooting at 3840X2160 24fps

Hi, it's not normal to lose sync immediately.

You can email support.us@dji.com to send back the Osmo together with the defective battery for an exchange/repair. Sorry about it.

About the response time, typically you get a response within 24 hours, but October 1 to 7th is China's National Holiday, so message sent during that time may get a delayed response. Sorry.
2016-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules