Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
X5 "Gimbal Disconnected" tried everything??
6058 19 2016-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davidbsamuels
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8049101 ft
  • >>>

Any new ideas on lack of X5 video transmission? Running all current firmware, X5 worked last Sunday on my OSMO w/adapter, monday set it up again and no video transmission or ability to make camera settings.  Switched over to the Inspire and after trying at least 10 times all I get is control of the gimbal but no video transmission, no ability to change camera settings and "Gimbal Status" as "Gimbal Disconnected".  I checked the pins, switched iPad cords, switched various iPads & iPhone, one time I got the video transmission to show-up with green stripes, all others nothing at all, connectors look clean, both the OSMO and Inspire work when I attach my X3 camera.  Oh, I switched 3 different SD cards as well.  

Any ideas before I once again am out of this camera for a month?

2016-10-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi,it's probably a hardware issue.
Since you have tried all basic troubleshooting,I'd suggest you to get in touch with our tech support and send it in for evaluation.
Could you please clarify what area are you located in?
2016-10-13
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Did you check the connection between the Gimbal and the Aircraft , ?  there are two black  cables, double check these look for kinks or not seated in all the way.

Also look at the Gimbal very top that latches inot the gimbal   , On the very top of the Gimbal  is a flat circuit board with two screws, loosen them just a little  bit and see if it improves the connection  between the Gimbal and the aircraft.  
clean bothe of the connectors as well with contact cleaner and a  small electronics q tip  , do it gingerly

****Since you are having some video I think it is loose connection .  If you have NO Video then I would look at the Hidden file on the SD card, Just place  the current update on a sd card, make sure it matches what is on the aircraft now , then just like a regualr update put it in etc. It will only take a minute before the D -dd sounds indicating success.  Now go to the hidden file and look at line 0800 and 1500 see what it says, if it is "Device disconnected " send it in .  

If need more help on hidden files go to .
http://forum.dji.com/thread-44546-1-1.html

donnie

gimbal board.png
2016-10-13
Use props
davidbsamuels
lvl.4
  • >>>

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-13 20:36
Did you check the connection between the Gimbal and the Aircraft , ?  there are two black  cables, d ...

Thanks Donnie, I sent it in after speaking to DJI via chat.  The app was saying Device disconnected, my x3 camera works on both my OSMO and Inspire vs the X5 camera.  Very frustrating, DJI needs a "Pro services" program in a bad way.
2016-10-17
Use props
davidbsamuels
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-13 16:06
Hi,it's probably a hardware issue.
Since you have tried all basic troubleshooting,I'd suggest you to ...

DJI Mindy, I'm in Minnesota, USA.  I sent the X5 back to CA should arrive tomorrow (Wednesday) 10/19/16
2016-10-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

davidbsamuels Posted at 2016-10-18 23:51
DJI Mindy, I'm in Minnesota, USA.  I sent the X5 back to CA should arrive tomorrow (Wednesday) 10/ ...

Thanks for your update.
If you have any further query,please feel free to let me know.
2016-10-18
Use props
fans29ce1197
lvl.1
Flight distance : 843816 ft
France

Same problem. After tried everything during two hours, i simply remove the SD card and restart the Inspire. And it's work ! I don't touch anything on the card and put it again in the Inspire. And it's ok !! Very strange...
2016-11-30
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

fans29ce1197 Posted at 2016-11-30 11:47
Same problem. After tried everything during two hours, i simply remove the SD card and restart the I ...

When you took the  SD card out you may have gotten something to loosen making  correct contact, I would look over all connections and wiring very closely .  When I fix something and dont know How I did it , It is really not fixed, It will more than  likely happen again .

Good Luck

donnie  
2016-11-30
Use props
BirdseyeMatt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1968054 ft
United States

Hello,
I am on my 3rd inspire 1 including a second x5pro, I have been reading through the forums trying to solve my problem and so far none of them have worked.  My x5pro all of a sudden, about 4 hours after just flying this morning with no problems, I tried to fly and the x5 was just limp.  I have a video uploading right now which will take about an hour to finish loading which shows what is happening.  I power it up like normal, then I let it do its thing and nothing happens, so this video is of me grabbing the x5 to show the green LED light code and how it just goes to a dim green light and never powers up.  I
I have checked all the connections even the ones on the Inspire which all seem fine, i guess i could plug and unplug those completely and maybe that would work.  Really not sure what to do any more.    can anyone help please!
2016-12-6
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

BirdseyeMatt Posted at 2016-12-7 00:36
Hello,
I am on my 3rd inspire 1 including a second x5pro, I have been reading through the forums trying to solve my problem and so far none of them have worked.  My x5pro all of a sudden, about 4 hours after just flying this morning with no problems, I tried to fly and the x5 was just limp.  I have a video uploading right now which will take about an hour to finish loading which shows what is happening.  I power it up like normal, then I let it do its thing and nothing happens, so this video is of me grabbing the x5 to show the green LED light code and how it just goes to a dim green light and never powers up.  I
I have checked all the connections even the ones on the Inspire which all seem fine, i guess i could plug and unplug those completely and maybe that would work.  Really not sure what to do any more.    can anyone help please!

You need to check the wiring connection between the Gimbal and the Camera there are some good post above this one on what to look for .   Be sure to check the 2 black flat wiring harness's from the gimbal to the aircraft , make sure no  kinks or bends in the cable , look close , use a magnifying glass  you may need to remove the front nose cone as well to get to the wiring harness if nothing is found.  I would also fire up the system and jiggle the wires or camera gimbal connection to try and narrow down the faulty connection .
I know you say you checked the wiring, you need to look very closely with a magnifying glass, do it with the system on to see if it suddelyt springs to life , this will tell you where the problem is at .  
In the image below, there are two phillips  head screws, loosen them on your unit ewver so slightly to see if the will "seat " better with the mating spring pins, also look foir any misalignment marks on the guide plastic pins that would indicate a poor mate beweeen the two  surfaces.  
***During the last good flight with that X5 camera were you doing a lot of heavy rotation of the camera ?  where the ribbon cable good have been stretched out ?  the gimbal works on a length  of flat ribbon that is wound up in the gimbal, see if you can look in the plural space whre it is wound  and see if it disconnected from the harness .  I would  do this last after tyring the other above suggestions  

This is more than likely a loose connection somewhere and can be solved.  It happens sometimes.

let us know what you find out
****You dont happen to have an X3 camera to test the Ac on do you ?  or another Aircraft to test the camera, you mentioned you had or where on your 3rd.

donnie  

2016-12-7
Use props
BirdseyeMatt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1968054 ft
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-12-7 07:35
You need to check the wiring connection between the Gimbal and the Camera there are some good post above this one on what to look for .   Be sure to check the 2 black flat wiring harness's from the gimbal to the aircraft , make sure no  kinks or bends in the cable , look close , use a magnifying glass  you may need to remove the front nose cone as well to get to the wiring harness if nothing is found.  I would also fire up the system and jiggle the wires or camera gimbal connection to try and narrow down the faulty connection .
I know you say you checked the wiring, you need to look very closely with a magnifying glass, do it with the system on to see if it suddelyt springs to life , this will tell you where the problem is at .  
In the image below, there are two phillips  head screws, loosen them on your unit ewver so slightly to see if the will "seat " better with the mating spring pins, also look foir any misalignment marks on the guide plastic pins that would indicate a poor mate beweeen the two  surfaces.  

I have tried everything you have suggested, looking very closely at the wiring with a magnifying glass both on the Inspire and the x5, loosened those screws on the main plate, turned it on an jiggled it a bit up close to the wiring and connecting points but no reaction.  I do not have another x3 to test with but I know a guy that has one that I can try later today.  The reason I think its the x5 and not the connectors inside the inspire ( although I did open it up and check) is because it is doing the same thing on the osmo. which has worked fine up until now also.  
2016-12-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

BirdseyeMatt Posted at 2016-12-8 02:08
I have tried everything you have suggested, looking very closely at the wiring with a magnifying glass both on the Inspire and the x5, loosened those screws on the main plate, turned it on an jiggled it a bit up close to the wiring and connecting points but no reaction.  I do not have another x3 to test with but I know a guy that has one that I can try later today.  The reason I think its the x5 and not the connectors inside the inspire ( although I did open it up and check) is because it is doing the same thing on the osmo. which has worked fine up until now also.

Have you already sent an email to the North American Support team to get this addressed as well? If it's not working on either platform, then a repair service may be in order.
2016-12-7
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

BirdseyeMatt Posted at 2016-12-7 12:08

I will bet you that it is the ribbon cable inside the gimbal housing has become disconnected or damaged.

Most likely need to send it in .

donnie
2016-12-8
Use props
Badtz
New

United States

BirdseyeMatt Posted at 2016-12-7 10:08

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I'm experiencing exactly the same issue..
2017-2-27
Use props
matchan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85758 ft
Japan

I also encountered same problem as birdseyeMatt yesterday.
While using at work, there were no problems until 3 flights, but when I turned on the aircraft for  4th flight,
the X5 camera did not move anything and the video was no longer transmitted.
The LED of the camera still keep red.
I only have used it for about 1 year, and alsoI have not given a shock to the aircraft.

I tried what I suggested above, but it did not solve it.

2017-3-21
Use props
SkyHigh UAV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2838921 ft
Australia

I had the same issue, when my X5 camera would no longer calibrate when turned on. Sent it back to DJI with them finding the magnets needing replaced....cost was $180 aus
2017-3-28
Use props
Minh Phú
New
Vietnam

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-30 10:24
When you took the  SD card out you may have gotten something to loosen making  correct contact, I would look over all connections and wiring very closely .  When I fix something and dont know How I did it , It is really not fixed, It will more than  likely happen again .

Good Luck

Hello Donnie. I am Phu My living in Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam also have the same problem about Osmo Pro. please help me.
2017-5-25
Use props
Minh Phú
New
Vietnam

Hello Donnie. I am Phu living in Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam also have the same problem Osmo Pro. please help me.
2017-5-25
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

Minh Phú Posted at 2017-5-25 16:46
Hello Donnie. I am Phu living in Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam also have the same problem Osmo Pro. please help me.

I am sorry , I do not own the OSMO and dont want to give you the wrong Information .

Maybe another member can chime in regarding this .
You may want to go to the "OSMO" thread and see if you can find a sloution there or post the video you have to the thread and start a new thread .  

Sorry Minh Phu

donnie
2017-5-26
Use props
fans74ab8255
lvl.2
Flight distance : 137175 ft
  • >>>
United States

I know this is for the X5 Gimbal but I am having the same problem with the X4 Gimbal. I have a new Inspire 2 and a new X4 Gimbal and when I connect it and start up the drone the Gimbal does not move and it says Gimbal disconnected. Also, it says Air Encoder Error (0x100000) and when I try to reformat SD card as suggested in other forums it says no SD card. The SD card that came with the drone is in the slot so I am not sure what the problem is. Tried to examine the connection to the gimbal as suggested above but have not found anything suspicious. Hopefully figure it out as everything is new and having problems already.
2017-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules