Command Timeout Error
4708 3 2016-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Airtech
lvl.1

I have a phantom standard 3. I tried flying a couple days ago and received a Command Timeout error upon executing the take off  command. The drone has been working fine prior. I have not had any hard landings or other mishaps that would have damaged the unit. I found that that  during the process of trying to Figure out what is wrong the unit started at random and I was able to fly but it took Several tries to shift from the still camera mode to video.  This seems to
Be a persistent problem. During the following flight it behaved the same way. It would start at random about 30
Secs to 1 min after executing the take off command. Does any one have any suggestions of how I can correct this issue. I am fearful that it won't be long before it won't start at all.   Thanks
2016-10-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Airtech, would you please clarify the firmware? all are up to date for aircraft, remote and APP?
What mobile device you are using? and how about the system version?
2016-10-12
Use props
Airtech
lvl.1

Thanks for the reply.  I do notice from the overall status bar on the DJI ap that a firmware update is required.  I am not sure where I can identify what current version of firmware I am using.   As for the ap, I am using version 3.0.0 (2720). My mobile device is using an iPhone 6s running OS 10.0.2 (14A456). I will research how to update the firmware on my phantom 3 standard. Do you believe that will solve the issue. Has updating firmware fixed this issue with other users?  
2016-10-13
Use props
Airtech
lvl.1

United States

I finally had time to load new firmware and test the drone. The command timeout issue appears to be solved. Everything is functioning as designed. Thanks for your help.
2016-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules