12Next >
4296 40 2016-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gabef
lvl.1

United States

Hello,

A few days ago, I went to fly my Phantom 2 Vision Plus. When I went through the DJI Vision app on my iPhone 7 running iOS 10, no live video came through. I had had this issue once before but didn't remember how I fixed it. So, I reset the range extender on my controller by pressing the reset button with a pen. After I rebound everything I tried again only to experience the same issue. I have contacted DJI support as well as my dealer (B&H) who don't know how to resolve this issue. I have also tried on two different iPads and have experienced the same issue. I am able to control the drone with my remote control, I just can't see the live feed. The weird part, is that when I press on my Phantom wifi sing all in my iOS settings, it says there is no connection (I have attached a picture). Also, through the app, I can control the camera and access the info on the sd card installed in my drone. I have attaached pictures of that as well. Please note, this issue has almost happened over night. My last fligh, which had no issues was last month. Also note, I can control the gimbal through the app.

I know this is long, and appreciate any help whatsoever!!!!

Thank you very much!!!

GF
IMG_8409.PNG
IMG_8410.PNG
IMG_8411.PNG
IMG_8413.PNG
IMG_8414.PNG
IMG_8415.PNG
IMG_0474.PNG
2016-10-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry to to hear about this.It's probably a hardware issue.
Since you have tried all basic troubleshooting, it needs to be sent in to our service center for further analysis and fixing. 
They can be contacted via support.us@dji.com.
2016-10-12
Use props
gabef
lvl.1

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-13 10:20
Since you have tried all basic troublesh ...

What piece of hardware do you think is broken-the Range Extender? Also, could it be a software issue with my devices?
2016-10-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

gabef Posted at 2016-10-13 22:58
What piece of hardware do you think is broken-the Range Extender? Also, could it be a software iss ...

Possibly the transmission module is corrupted.
2016-10-13
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-13 19:46

The wifi module again. Why is this happening so many times do you have any idea DJI Mindy?
2016-10-13
Use props
jonathan
lvl.2

United States

Hmm. No answer. Shocking.
2016-10-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Visual Air Posted at 2016-10-14 11:57
The wifi module again. Why is this happening so many times do you have any idea DJI Mindy?

Ultimately Phantom 2 Vision and Vision+ components are going to wear out, even with the best of care due to its age at this point. When it comes to image transmission issues with this product, the culprits tend to be either the WiFi module, the range extender or the camera itself. Based on the OP's pictures, the range extender may be causing the issue as well.
2016-10-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Have you already tried forgetting the Phantom network and refreshing your WiFi list?
2016-10-16
Use props
Username Here
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-17 01:55
Ultimately Phantom 2 Vision and Vision+ components are going to wear out, even with the best of ca ...

Parts do wear out but, like in this case, it's the same part going bad on almost all the units. When it's continually the same part it's a part failure. In this case it seems to be a part failure from heat build up due to a faulty design. I've got two useless P2V+'s with bad wifi modules.
2016-10-17
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-16 23:55
Ultimately Phantom 2 Vision and Vision+ components are going to wear out, even with the best of ca ...

Hi DJI Jamie
Sure understand your logic that parts age and fail but even though i purchased this drone new in 2014 with maybe 5 flights consisting of maybe 8 min tops flight times i consider the parts to be relatively new.
I hope i get more longevity with my P4 Osmo and soon to be Mavic when it arrives.
I just had to pay for the repairs no real choice as it is still a new drone too me.
Thats Life i guess...
2016-10-17
Use props
lee.sayer53
New

Japan

Hi Gabef - I too have suddenly experienced the exact same problem (after having no video view problems at all prior to now).  You describe exactly what I have now seen on the internet countless times posted by concerned Phantom 2 Vision+ owners.  So far there have been no concrete solution posted (plenty of advice about re-installing the app, changing the video resolution etc).  There has to be someone at DJI who can assist with a concrete answer/solution (too many people have raised the issue for DJI not to know about it).  The problem has started after we have all updated software etc on the DJI and mobile devices.  Has anyone out there come across a "fix" to this problem of no video feed (yet we can control the camera from a blank screen)?
2016-10-17
Use props
jonathan
lvl.2

United States

I have exactly the same problem. I agree that the wifi module that they used has an obvious design flaw that causes it to fail, even under optimal flying conditions. I had fewer than 40 flights on mine--no crashes, no hard landings (I had a great deal of practice on a similar product without a camera).

Has DJI acknowledged this design flaw? I have no idea why anybody would move up to a Ronin, Spreading Wings etc. knowing that DJI makes poor decisions when it comes to design. We should not have to cut holes in our copters to compensate for poor decision making on DJI's part.

Any comment from DJI?
2016-10-17
Use props
info388
New

Netherlands

Here the same problem...Phantom 2 Vision....New in the box....update the software...No internet connection, No connection with the camera....this thing is NEW!!!

I think the problem is the software??

2016-10-18
Use props
darryl.marks82
New

Hey buddy I'm having the exact same issue! It was fine one min then the firmware update this week now nothing, everyone's saying the range extender is broke but I'm sure as there's so many people who are having the same issue surly it can't all have broke same day or week lol
2016-10-18
Use props
darryl.marks82
New

I'm having the exact same here guys please anyone help only had it a week two flights now this?!.... DJI is there a way to go back to exciting firmware to maybe resolve???
2016-10-18
Use props
jonathan
lvl.2

United States

DJI seems to be refusing to acknowledge the problem. My next step is to file a formal complaint with the BBB for my issue. If there is no resolution of this issue for all of us, next step is the FTC, etc.
2016-10-18
Use props
jonathan
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-17 00:55

Are the new posts about BRAND NEW machines breaking with this exact same result "worn out?" If so, how did they wear out? Why are so many having the exact same issue?
2016-10-18
Use props
jonathan
lvl.2

United States

darryl.marks82 Posted at 2016-10-18 09:07
I'm having the exact same here guys please anyone help only had it a week two flights now this?!.... ...

DJI is refusing to acknowledge that this is a firmware issue. They are saying that components are "worn out."

I see major trouble brewing here. I'm not sending mine in until I see a little more coverage of this. BBB, FTC and local media are my next steps.
2016-10-18
Use props
michael.l.doyle
New

United States

Well damn!  I too have the SAME PROBLEM!  Strange it's all happening at the same time...  I have about 25 flights on my bird and they all have been without incident and everything has worked.  I don't fly it for 4 months and then take it out and bang, no FPV.  I check the internet to see what gives and now i see all these other folks have the same issue.  It's on Facebook, YouTube and here.  WTF!

I my wife bought mine 2 years ago for a pretty penny.  I expect DJI to step up and tell us what is going on with these units.  I AM NOT going to send it in for them to "fix" it.  I want them to at least come clean first and tell us what/why is causing this issue.  

DJI peeps, HELP US!  You know what's really going on, just disclose it so we can fix our birds and enjoy your product again.  
2016-10-22
Use props
gabef
lvl.1

United States

Is there a way to downgrade the software? What is everyone else doing about their issues?? Please help!
2016-10-23
Use props
jurrianv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 503796 ft

Hi Everybody,

I've got exact the same problem! Last week I had no problem flying. This weekend everything works fine, only no live video. I have a Phantom 2 Vision + with a iPhone 6 on iOS 10.0.2. I'm not sure but I thought it was this week that I updated the iOS from 10.0.1 to 10.0.2. Maybe it has something to do with it?
2016-10-23
Use props
plumbfreeordie
lvl.2

United States

I have the exact same issue.  I have a post entitled "Bad companies (No FPV)  I'm hoping to shame DJI into standing behind their product... either that or look like a crap company..
2016-10-23
Use props
allbritt
lvl.2

United States

Just experienced the same problem on my Dec. 2014 V2+.  I haven't updated anything in the past year.  Haven't flown it in months, where it worked fine.   Took it out of the closet and no FPV.   I re-binded it and now it's total communication failure with the drone.   I haven't had 30 flights on this thing and it's crapped out.   The only software update was the IOS on the iphone.  I loaded the DJI vision ap. on the Samsung work phone and it's that same issue....

What to do?
2016-10-23
Use props
gabef
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-13 21:46

What is DJI doing about this? It seems to be a software issue affecting many people. Can I downgrade my software?
2016-10-24
Use props
jurrianv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 503796 ft

I have this problem for a few days now. First I thought it als something to do with the iOS 10.0.2 update. But the strange thing is when I try it for a few times sometimes the live view works! But then when I power off the drone and put it on again it has the same problem again Tonight I installed the iOS 10.1 update but still I experience the problems.

Please DJI can you give us some answers? So many people have the same problems!
2016-10-25
Use props
gabef
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-12 22:20
Since you have tried all basic troublesh ...

DJI Mindy,

Can I downgrade my software? Clearly I'm not the only person having this issue. What is DJI doing about this widespread issue?

GF
2016-10-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

gabef Posted at 2016-10-26 05:46
DJI Mindy,

Can I downgrade my software? Clearly I'm not the only person having this issue. What i ...

Sorry for the late reply.
It's not available to downgrade it.
We have reported this issue to our support team.Sorry you need to contact our tech support and send it in for evaluation.
2016-10-26
Use props
allbritt
lvl.2

United States

I downloaded the vision ap to my Samsung phone to no avail, so in my case it's not an IOS incompatibility issue.  Most likely wifi module failures.  Tons of people are having the same problem.  Will contact DJI service, and hope since I have never had crash, hard landing etc... (Still on my first set of props) that there will be consideration.  (since it out of warranty)  Will post what I find out from DJI USA service.
2016-10-28
Use props
bobTheBuilder
lvl.1

Ireland

Exact Same Problem. Haven't used it over the winter period, the first good day we have and this happens. Again the only upgrade was the app.
Worn out hardware has to be the worst reply I've heard from any customer representative.
sure your staff have moved on to the newer versions but I won't, as i paid a butt load of cash for this thing. Looks like the early adopters are forgotten about now. Cheers.

2017-3-25
Use props
Nocturne
lvl.1
Flight distance : 192753 ft
United States

Having the same issue happen with mine, which has only about 8 flights on it since it was replaced due to a warranty repair, so it's new and sat for a few months during the winter and now no live feed but everything else is showing up like alt, battery level, etc, but the live feed is just black with the waiting thing in the middle spinning. In this case its not a worn out thing, it's like new since it was just replaced and hardly flown. It is of course out of warranty now and I could understand it I had 100's of flights on it, but it's still new, so the excuse of age from DJI has nothing to do with it.  
2017-4-9
Use props
fans5a8d8ad0
New

United Kingdom

Hi I have the same issue? Had there been any resolutions on this as after a quick google search it turns out nearly everyone has the same issue? Thank you
2017-4-24
Use props
Friendship7
lvl.2

United Kingdom

fans5a8d8ad0 Posted at 2017-4-24 09:33
Hi I have the same issue? Had there been any resolutions on this as after a quick google search it turns out nearly everyone has the same issue? Thank you

Guys, this is not a hardware problem - any claims from DJI that this is caused by a hardware issue is simply wrong. This is caused by a software problem with the Wi-Fi module inside the drone. If you don't use the drone for a few months the software image within the NAND flash becomes corrupt and doesn't run preventing FPV. I have had this issue for 2 years and have only just fixed it with some help from people on another forum, mainly because DJI have discontinued the spare Wi-Fi module part - thanks DJI! I put a guide together for diagnosing if your lack of FPV could be caused by this problem which you can find here: http://www.filedropper.com/diagn ... hedjip2vwi-fimodule

There are so many people on this and other forums that have this issue with FPV which is caused by a simple software fault. DJI should at least be swapping out Wi-Fi modules with no charge for those people not confident enough in repairing electronics.
2017-4-24
Use props
Nocturne
lvl.1
United States

Friendship7 Posted at 2017-4-24 11:03
Guys, this is not a hardware problem - any claims from DJI that this is caused by a hardware issue is simply wrong. This is caused by a software problem with the Wi-Fi module inside the drone. If you don't use the drone for a few months the software image within the NAND flash becomes corrupt and doesn't run preventing FPV. I have had this issue for 2 years and have only just fixed it with some help from people on another forum, mainly because DJI have discontinued the spare Wi-Fi module part - thanks DJI! I put a guide together for diagnosing if your lack of FPV could be caused by this problem which you can find here: http://www.filedropper.com/diagnosingandrecoveringthedjip2vwi-fimodule

There are so many people on this and other forums that have this issue with FPV which is caused by a simple software fault. DJI should at least be swapping out Wi-Fi modules with no charge for those people not confident enough in repairing electronics.

they want me to send mine back and I am guessing I'm going to get charged for the repair...if they can even do it? If they don;t have the part, then they can't really fix it then? Now I don't know what to do!
2017-4-25
Use props
Friendship7
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Nocturne Posted at 2017-4-25 23:02
they want me to send mine back and I am guessing I'm going to get charged for the repair...if they can even do it? If they don;t have the part, then they can't really fix it then? Now I don't know what to do!

DJI may have the spares and would be able to fix it (for a hefty price no doubt) but if you are an independent that wants to buy the spare part they no longer supply it (well at least not in the UK anyway). Even if they can fix it there is no guarantee that it won't happen again in the future unless they have improved the software in the Wi-Fi module. How much do they estimate it will cost to fix?
2017-4-26
Use props
Nocturne
lvl.1
United States

Friendship7 Posted at 2017-4-26 10:54
DJI may have the spares and would be able to fix it (for a hefty price no doubt) but if you are an independent that wants to buy the spare part they no longer supply it (well at least not in the UK anyway). Even if they can fix it there is no guarantee that it won't happen again in the future unless they have improved the software in the Wi-Fi module. How much do they estimate it will cost to fix?

I have no idea how much it will cost and at this point is it even really worth it? I hear the modules for for about $200 if they even have them. I treat the darn thing with kid gloves and baby it and this is what happens?
2017-4-26
Use props
Friendship7
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Nocturne Posted at 2017-4-26 11:49
I have no idea how much it will cost and at this point is it even really worth it? I hear the modules for for about $200 if they even have them. I treat the darn thing with kid gloves and baby it and this is what happens?

It would be far cheaper to fix it yourself if you can.
2017-4-27
Use props
Nocturne
lvl.1
United States

Friendship7 Posted at 2017-4-27 07:00
It would be far cheaper to fix it yourself if you can.

I did the tests last night with the pings and was all ok except for the last. Looks like it kind of tough to figure out how to fix it. This is something DJI should be fixing since it looks like this will happen to everyone. More and more showing up now that they are pulling their P2V+'s out from winter storage and finding no video. I knew mine wasn't due to no cooling holes and it overheated because I had no video right away....no time for it to even get hot!
IMG_3723.PNG
2017-4-27
Use props
fansaab1e0cf
lvl.2

United States

I got the same problem with mine after a long time storage for the entire 2016; specifically, the problem attributed to the Wi-Fi Video Link Module. I have been monitoring the forum for a solution and have concluded that the problem is definitely systemic - not user fault. But where I differ from most people is that the problem, I think, is not from any DJI's software update but, rather, a hardware one - the NAND flash device in the board.

It has been known that this kind of non-volatile memory may be susceptible of losing data in some of its cells after a long storage. (It's common to use redundancy for a 'boot loader' software in case one copy gets corrupted.) DJI must have used a bad batch or inferior grade of this part. If the problem is due to any DJI software upgrade, then, every P2V+ owner in the world who updates the software would have gotten it. But that is not the case although it's true that a lot have reported of having one in online forums. That led me to believe that it is a hardware part which may or may not fail prematurely (i.e., systemic but not all get it!).

I can attest to this myself.  I bought two exactly the same P2V+ early 2015; one for myself and the other for my son. Mine got the problem (on both IOS and Android apps) and his is still working with all up-to-date softwares! Definitely smells like a hardware reliability issue! And not due to heat! So, what did I do?

I bit the bullet and sent it back to DJI Service at the beginning of the month. Diagnosis: Replaced bad Part 3 wi-fi video link module. Cost total: $224. And the reason is that Friendship7 in this forum was late in documenting his procedure! Haha! That's what I've been waiting for - somebody successfully applied it to the P2V+. Oh well!... But if it strikes again after the 1 year repair warranty, I have equipped myself with Friendship7 pdf to just re-flash the NAND.
2017-4-28
Use props
SigF
lvl.1

United States

I have the same problem but since my drone is only 6 months old I am hoping it will be fixed under warranty but DJI has been very slow to respond to my request for support.  Sounds like the numbers may support class action lawsuit, sometimes that is the only pressure that gets results.
2017-7-1
Use props
Harbourside
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

How can you have a 6th month old Phantom 2 Vision Plus when the Phantom 3 came out in 2015 ?
Forget the class action lawsuit, it will never happen.
2017-7-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules