Dji go support mavic on android!
4441 35 2016-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
z7BdJFqOQUAg
lvl.2

We are getting close to delivery date and I still don't see any updates on the dji go app on android OS.. any clues why this delay?
2016-10-12
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for the inconvenience,so please focus on our official website and your DJI GO app.
We will release the new DJI GO version in the near future.
Thanks for your understanding.
2016-10-12
Use props
Mayoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 299708 ft
Canada

Its out but you have to get it via DJI Site for now. Not via Google Play. Go to the site and scan the QR Code

http://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads
2016-10-13
Use props
ecophobic
lvl.2

Update installed... now just waiting on something to fly
2016-10-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

ecophobic Posted at 2016-10-14 04:46
Update installed... now just waiting on something to fly

Read all the info in the Academy section and watch all the tutorial videos to pass the time
2016-10-13
Use props
ecophobic
lvl.2

Sounds like a good idea. Also curious about the FAA certificate for commercial use.
2016-10-13
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft

If this app crashes on my S7 Edge when I connect the Mavic controler I'm going to cry lol
2016-10-13
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

No Man's Drone Posted at 2016-10-13 16:11
If this app crashes on my S7 Edge when I connect the Mavic controler I'm going to cry lol

At  least it did not catch on fire!  ;-)
2016-10-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

No Man's Drone Posted at 2016-10-14 07:11

I used the Mavic today with the Android GO app with my S6 and all was good.
2016-10-13
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
United States

Is the S6 known to reboot as well while connected to the controller?

Is there anyone here who has a Samsung S7, downloaded the DJI Go app (not from Google Play Store but here in DJI website) and used it on their P3/P4 without getting the reboot issue?
2016-10-14
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

I've found my S7 will actually reboot while watching one of my DJI videos...

I've installed the update... yep, still reboots.

2016-10-14
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Malaysia

In the Mavic manual it says to turn ON USB debugging? OK, let's try that....  Done. Try watching the same video...

Reboots.

Looks like the update has done NOTHING to fix "Samsung's issue".
2016-10-14
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

bigglyguy Posted at 2016-10-14 16:42
In the Mavic manual it says to turn ON USB debugging? OK, let's try that....  Done. Try watching the ...

Looks like you'll have no option but to stick with your current drone and forget about the Mavic or get hold of a device that is known to work properly.
2016-10-14
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Malaysia

rick39 Posted at 2016-10-14 23:50
Looks like you'll have no option but to stick with your current drone and forget about the Mavic o ...

I already sold my Phantom.
2016-10-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

No Man's Drone Posted at 2016-10-14 17:22
Is the S6 known to reboot as well while connected to the controller?

Is there anyone here who has a ...

I have a Samsung S6 and it does not reboot with the Mavic.
2016-10-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

bigglyguy Posted at 2016-10-14 23:34
I've found my S7 will actually reboot while watching one of my DJI videos...

I've installed the upd ...

I'm sorry Samsung hasn't fixed their issue yet with the S7.
2016-10-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

rick39 Posted at 2016-10-14 23:50
Looks like you'll have no option but to stick with your current drone and forget about the Mavic o ...

That may be the case, hopefully Samsung will fix their issue soon.
2016-10-14
Use props
sbug206
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517848 ft
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-10-14 11:52
I'm sorry Samsung hasn't fixed their issue yet with the S7.

I got to see the Mavic in action today with one my dealer's reps. He had a Nexus 6P and updated to the new version. It was crashing randomly every 20 seconds. At the end we tried with my Galaxy S7 and it was totally fine. Although it was only for a couple minutes but we tried the same maneuvers and functions that crashed the 6P app.
2016-10-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

sbug206 Posted at 2016-10-15 00:03
I got to see the Mavic in action today with one my dealer's reps. He had a Nexus 6P and updated to ...

Hopefully everything gets sorted out soon.
2016-10-14
Use props
70challenger
lvl.3
Canada

The android app has updated via google play to include the mavic pro now.
2016-10-14
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4

sbug206 Posted at 2016-10-15 00:03
I got to see the Mavic in action today with one my dealer's reps. He had a Nexus 6P and updated to ...

I have Galaxy S7 Edge and this is good news
2016-10-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

70challenger Posted at 2016-10-15 00:34
The android app has updated via google play to include the mavic pro now.

That's correct, it came up a few hours ago.
2016-10-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

No Man's Drone Posted at 2016-10-15 05:11
I have Galaxy S7 Edge and this is good news

That would be great if Samsung has resolved the issue.
2016-10-14
Use props
Mayoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 299708 ft
Canada

sbug206 Posted at 2016-10-14 12:03

We're you using the phone to maneuver or live view ?
2016-10-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Mayoo Posted at 2016-10-15 05:39
We're you using the phone to maneuver or live view ?

My S6 worked fine in both ways.
2016-10-14
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Malaysia

My S6 overheated if using it in sunlight.

It was OK in Iceland, which is cold, the clue is in the name, but in Malaysia the S6 overheats running the DJI app. It doesn't crash or reboot but the screen goes very dark, presumably some heat mitigation thing. Which is why I upgraded to the S7.

My S7 works just fine, no problem at all - until it reboots without warning.

As I've said before I thought I'd avoided the issue having a Standard which connects via WiFi, as I had a couple of flights with the new phone without any issue - until I tried a short flight just to test the RTH and before my P3S had got 3ft in the air my phone rebooted.

I don't know how long it takes for such a phone to reboot, to key in the sim card PIN and then unlock the screen and then open the DJI app and then connect with the craft again, but it certainly feels like a very, very, long time.

I have around 50 or so videos on my phone from various sources, and in various formats, all of which work fine without any issue - but at least one of the DJI video files causes my phone to reboot. I guess that's Samsung's problem too?

That seems to be a common thread I see here and on other forums, that it's the video feed or files that trigger the reboot. It happens as the feed comes through, or when switching from photo to video, or just at what seems random intervals. Now you're being told another phone is having problems but that's a Nexus problem, right?

It couldn't possibly be DJI's app or video codec causing this?

Perhaps I'm being unreasonable for thinking DJI should be more proactive, rather than just blaming Samung? Let's see what other Samsung owners say?

From the Play Store, where the rating for the app is plunging:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.pilot&hl=en

S7 Edge crashes! This has gone in for way to long! Unable to use drone on Samsung S7EDGE due to rebooting issue... Unprofessional for top of the line drone system not to work with top of the line phone. PLEASE FIX!

It crash my samsung note 4! Dji go unfortunately has stopped!

Crashes New update crashes on my Asus ZenPad now I can not fly my P3S!

Latest update won't open Samsung Tab A - was working, needs a quick fix. Works on Xperia Z3 after a looooong startup.

Second high end Samsung Device that don't work Do DJI really think everyone buying their products are on IOS?

But not with SAMSUNG S7 EDGE, because you can not solve a phone restarting problem, or you are not abble to communicate with SAMSUNG!!!

The most important Is that i cannot fly my drone with my galaxy s 7 Edge. . It's working with my oldest phone, but i cannot understand why i have to spend 1000 +euro to have an app who missing really useful commands like the way points. And i mean to plan it on to the map detailed and not have a fly first, everyone who used the Litchi app know what i mean. But as i mentioned right now i cannot even use it.

Useless software that does not work I have downloaded this app about half a dozen times and still it freezes or more often than not it simply does not work. Works okish on the Samsung phone but fails completely on my Samsung tablet. We spend a lot of money on such units. The software should work. No exceptions, no complications, no issues. Just functionality. This DJI go software has no functionality whatsoever.

Crashes my Samsung S7 The software causes my S7 phone to reboot. Not just once but every time. It's a real shame, i have started using an IPad and the software is nice to use. How about an update to stop this problem, reading though the reviews it happens with most/all Samsung S7's.

Still an issue.. Ok, so since my note 5 won't work with the app to fly any drones. I went and added an iPad mini to my ever growing phone bill. The note 5 still won't run the go app for my P3pro or the inspire 1 pro. And the go app freezes and glitches every three seconds while in the air, not good when you're flying a 3500 drone close to things. Yes I'm all up to date on all firmware. What's up?

I need a better app ASAP It crashes almost every 4 min. I use Samsung s7 edge. DJI a leader in Drone Tech, this is very bad commercial for you. Do something before people stop buy your products due to your lack of complete product package. Thank you

Crash I am getting sick and tired with dji from phantom 2+ right up to phantom 4 everytime when there is an update of the app there is a new problem. I am using s7 edge and it keep crash whenever I power up. Get it right! Or else u will lose your customers . We don't spend so much money and always having problem. Even after the latest update it still faces the same problem. Stay away from DJI. Really a piece of crap. Their response is use another device. You expect ppl to buy another device after spending so much

Active track with Osmo Mobile crashes. Not compatible with Android N. When the app does eventually work, it stutters. In UHD video quality is very jittery. Obligated to record in 1080 quality or lower. Running the app makes the phone reach boiling point.

DJI failed to update app for compatibliity with S7 DJI expects Samsung to fix it's software so their software won't crash. Not going to happen. It's the smaller company that needs to adjust its software to work with one of the most popular telephones out there.

Crap for s7 edge users If you have an s7 edge dont bother it will not work! As i found out the hard way and wasted my money buying a dji phantom 3 app just crases as will your drone crash
2016-10-14
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Malaysia

Seems the rest of my post didn't go through, but there are plenty more of those complaints.

At the very least we need some kind of update.

What did Samsung say?

What is happening now?

When can we expect a fix?

Thanks
2016-10-14
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

bigglyguy Posted at 2016-10-14 17:55
Seems the rest of my post didn't go through, but there are plenty more of those complaints.

At the  ...

I have been reading about your frustration a lot with the Samsung devices.  All I can say is that in my experience for the last two years with a P2 and P3...  I have not had good luck with any of my Android tablets.  The Nvidia Shield Tablet (Under $200) works Ok...  But would sometimes crash and runs very hot.  

I have had much more stable performance using iOS devices.  I never seem to have issues with iPad Air2 nor iPhone 6, nor iPhone 7.  They don't overheat.  They just work.

Honestly...  I would recommend just picking up a used iPhone or iPad mini.  You don't need to get a sim card for it.  Just use it as a dedicated drone controller.  It will save you a lot of headaches.
2016-10-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Fulgerite Posted at 2016-10-15 09:22
I have been reading about your frustration a lot with the Samsung devices.  All I can say is that  ...

I agree, IOS just seems to work better with the GO app and everything else.
I've always had Android phones but I think my next may be IOS.
2016-10-14
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

Nice to have the Mavic support in the android app now. Looks good on my S7 edge too. Be interesting to see how I get on with it when I get my Mavic. Will try it with the simulator initially. I Have an iPad I can use in Lieu of it if I have issues.
2016-10-14
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Malaysia

Well the 'good' news is I can reclaim my S6 if necessary - while paying for an S7 for 2 years - but even if the issue is 'solved' for me it is still affecting many other users.

Adding an extra phone dents the whole portability thing quite a bit, with something else to charge, pamper and keep dry, not to mention the extra cost.

The Mavic is 743 grams.

The weight of the controllers aren't listed for either model so presumably included? Wouldn't have thought so but anyway...
http://www.dji.com/mavic/info

A typical 5.5" size phone is around 150 grams, so now the Mavic has risen to  around 900 grams.

My P3 Standard weighed 1216 grams, so the Mavic ends up only 316 grams lighter?

I'm known for being an ultralite gram-weenie but $1000 to save 300 grams is nutz, even for me. Not to mention the extra, and unnecessary, cost of buying another phone, so it's not $1000, more like $1500.

It still has benefits, longer range, optical sensors and more compact, but it really pushes the question of do I really need a drone in my life?

Probably yes, having got hooked on my P3 - but 1st time buyers are likely to be sending these back in droves if the Samsung issue isn't resolved.

When it comes to credit card chargebacks, Amazon return policy or Paypal Protection, saying "It's a Samsung problem" won't cut it. I work in internet sales, advising companies how to make more sales - and avoid chargebacks - is exactly what I do. To me this is like watching a slow-motion train wreck.

(copywriter-ac.com)

I've pretty much decided I will be getting one, but first I'll wait to see what problems occur with the new design. I've already heard the rotors have no safety sensors and can be started while it's folded up, which smacks of a rushed design.

It's supposed to be released today, right? Let's see what happens I guess.

2016-10-15
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
United Kingdom

bigglyguy Posted at 2016-10-15 11:39
Well the 'good' news is I can reclaim my S6 if necessary - while paying for an S7 for 2 years - but  ...

Hi bigglyguy.
Why not be a bit more positive, after all you haven't even got one yet. An extra phone in your back pack is neither here nor there. If you already have a Samsung S6 what's the problem? Strikes me it's a huge benefit as you now have a dedicated screen just for your drone. No sim, Bluetooth, data, location etc to drain the battery and a great phone in itself anyway. OK, so it's not waterproof like your S7 but neither is the Drone or controller. Your S7 may work anyway, and if I had the luxury of two great mobile devices I'd be pretty happy. What's more you can shoot photos and videos, look at maps, play your favourite motor bike game and anything else you like to do with your S7. Hell, you could even use it to make a phone call.
Chill out and enjoy life
2016-10-15
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Malaysia

When I say reclaim I mean the buyer of my S6 is willing to sell it back again - and to raise the money I'd be selling my S7.

I would of course be losing money, quite a lot, but not as much as buying a new phone.

There's nothing on the approved Android list that appeals to me other than the S6. One thing that has occurred to me is that every time I used it in Iceland it was in it's case, and I did the same here. I'm hoping if I take it out of it's case it won't suffer the overheating thing?

I have zero desire to carry 2 phones. I really am a gram-weenie; I'm the kind of guy that weighs every option, literally, and will invariably choose the lighter one, or just go without the item. My entire 2 days 1 night camping gear in its rucksack (a Granite Gear Virga:  http://www.outdoorgearlab.com/Ul ... ranite-Gear-Virga-2) weighs under 5kg without water. That's my hammock, tarp, cooking gear and fuel, toiletries, 1st aid, navigation, everything. I'm the kind of guy that spends $50 on a titanium frying pan because it's 30 grams lighter than a cheap stainless steel one - and then gives it away because I decide I can just have boiled food and avoid carrying cooking oil and extra clean-up stuff, saving over 100 grams! Wahoo!

So yeah, an extra 150 gram phone...^shudder^  

No.

The Phantom I can strap to my bike; the Mavic is for hiking, on foot, in 35 C and 90+% humidity up steep jungle trails. My ideal backpack would weigh nothing, and the closest I can get to that the better, so no, I'm not going to carry 2 phones.

But yeah, I AM trying to chill out.. it's one of the reasons I'd even consider spending so much on what is pretty much a toy. It gets me back into photography, a hobby I dropped more than 10 years ago as my heart wasn't in it anymore, at least not compared to the cost of gear that would interest me.

But a FLYING camera?

Now that's exciting

But anyway, doom gloom, reservations - and outright resentment over the S7 thing - aside, I've decided to get a Mavic!

I still want to see some actual reviews of actual birds in the hands of the public, see if the 1st batch out of the factory have issues - but yeah, my mind's made up. Unless the design turns out to have something horribly wrong with it, I'm getting one.

Thanks for putting up with me

2016-10-16
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
United Kingdom

bigglyguy Posted at 2016-10-16 13:10
When I say reclaim I mean the buyer of my S6 is willing to sell it back again - and to raise the mon ...

I see your problem being in contract with your S7 and having already sold your S6. On the plus side you'll be saving 14 grams by swopping out your phone!

Samsung S6
Samsung S7

I understand your frustration and apologise if my words seemed a bit harsh. I'm a relative novice having had an align Trex 450 helicopter in the past which is gathering dust in the attic. Nose in was always a bit dodgy in any place other than a wide open field so I've been honing my skills with a Hubsan 107D+ which is a hoot. I'm sure the Mavic will no more be a "Toy" than a Phantom F4 is, which many on here will be mortified to hear them be described as that. I hope that with a potted history of ATTI mode aircraft, the Mavic will be relatively easy to fly. A new skill set of technical ability combined with photo/video imagery skills will need to be re-learned. Video and video editing were my favourite hobby in the late 90's and early 00's, using a Sony VX2000 and Premiere pro. I still have the Sony video camera, a classic in its' day. Stills photography took over and the latest in a line of Canon DSLR's I've owned is a canon 70D which I still love. I've built up a good stock of lenses and use Photoshop for processing. But enough about me, lets talk about you! As passionate as you are about your equipment and your impatience for the Mavic, I wasn't expecting the line "Thanks for putting up with me" after my reply. I hope you get your phone issue sorted out and that once you order the Mavic, it won't take too long to materialise. In the meantime Chill out on your bike, take a hike up a mountain and study the manuals and videos out there on the web.
Love you, until you lose it again!
2016-10-16
Use props
djiuser_YHfdbzyVEEt8
New

Italy

hi,for roof top tents my favorite brand is 23Zero.
I suggest you take a look here, you will find what you need
campingrooftoptents.com
2022-12-3
Use props
mshassan
New

Bangladesh

Very Nice to know. Also visit for student essential accessories: school-companion.com
3-19 04:04
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules