Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Firmware for Phantom series Remote Control
18475 245 2016-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mstrand
lvl.1

United States

They just want to blame it on your device....maybe trying to force us into Apple.....all worked fine on my Samsung Tab A before 1.8 rc firmware and forced go app 3.0....HElP...who knows where you can downgrade go app and rc firmware?
2016-10-23
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

mstrand Posted at 2016-10-23 16:07
Yes I'm having same issues with new rc upgrade also ..video stream is horrible just horrible....didn ...

Interesting angle!
2016-10-23
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

mstrand Posted at 2016-10-23 16:14
They just want to blame it on your device....maybe trying to force us into Apple.....all worked fine ...

I downgraded go app from 2.8.2 to 2.8.1.  It is not easy but it is not hard as well.  Just follow the steps carefully. You will need the charles proxy software, which allow you to enter program breaks as the app is updating. Just google it and as I said, just follow the steps carefully.

The Rc is much simpler, but I have never done it. I may have to when I start flying soon next week. I think you connect the device to the RC, trurn on the RC, hold the Academy button till you get into the firmware options. Then choose the last one.
2016-10-23
Use props
mstrand
lvl.1

United States

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-10-24 05:39
I downgraded go app from 2.8.2 to 2.8.1.  It is not easy but it is not hard as well.  Just follow t ...

How did you stopped them from auto updating your go app to 3.0.... I just looked at notifications and seen they did it without notification or approval...ugh I can choose to upgrade AC and RC through app..which I did and am sorry I did.....my video stream is is all pixilated  and color bars shifting through it....I'm am so angry and very cynical  after reading all the problems hundreds are having....
2016-10-23
Use props
kirk2579
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-22 23:21
Could you please clarify the firmware version of the aircraft?

completely updated as always
never an issue with this equipment since I bought them in the same week last Dec
GL300a  03z0025116

I DID noticed a little while back several android users were speaking of banding like this in the video feed.
I do remember they most all mentioned having HDMI module then.

Maybe look into that concept that the upgrade was aimed to fix that issue and ended up  getting non hdmi users instead!

colors were showing up in very short distances left to right across  the screen. I was hesitant to fly more than a few hundred meters on a few short flights that day and its been raining since

EDIT 9:33pm
I just copied this line from another post in another thread

"...Having the same issues as are Apple users and everyone else. I know two other photos here locally that are having the issues as well. Do you have a problem and you need to fix this quickly. Do you not qa  your software releases? If you plug in goggles to HDMI the feed is fine...."

NOTE THAT HDMI GOGGLE ARE FINE

I think it says something critical to this issue and it fits what I posted originally this post
2016-10-23
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

mstrand Posted at 2016-10-23 18:02
How did you stopped them from auto updating your go app to 3.0.... I just looked at notifications  ...

On my iphone I go to the apple store and in there I disable app updates, so dji go doe snot update.  On android, you click on the menu. (lines) and then in google play you can do the same.
2016-10-23
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2016-10-23 20:05
completely updated as always
never an issue with this equipment since I bought them in the same we ...

Another issue I have been asking for an explanation and none received so far is why can't we set the HD Auto Mode to be configured to be 4 mbps.  It runs at a high rate and myself (and I assume most) do not need a great streaming video signal.  All we want is to have an actual video signal.  And of course we all like to have improved HD signal range. The video streaming is always the first one to go.
And in my opinion, the cause in mainly due to the HD channels not being managed properly; they do not change even when the signal drops due to interference. So what is the use of Auto mode, if it won't switch when it becomes critical. I think I have seen the HD channel switch in flight a total of 3 times in many flight hours.
2016-10-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

EranR Posted at 2016-10-23 23:45
My aircraft is at the latest version 1.9.60.
It used to be a P3A but I switched the camera to a Pro  ...

Thanks for your feedback.
I'll bring this to the attention of our support team.Also could you please record a video of the video stream issue?
2016-10-23
Use props
TRICKYAUS
lvl.1

Australia

Same issue as you people..
Video feed had purple segments and some msg about stopping...return sticks to neutral..

However I was still able to fly and record with no issues using the Litchi app...saved the day...

I have now rolled back my controller to 1.6 and vid in DJI 3.0.0 is back to normal...testing for warning msg etc tomorrow

Using the Samsung Galaxy TAB A (2016) 10.1...works nice

Tested with DJI 3.0.0 android...video is ok but still get warning message about stopping..return sticks to neutral....Litchi however was fine.
2016-10-23
Use props
mstrand
lvl.1

United States

TRICKYAUS Posted at 2016-10-24 12:30
Same issue as you people..
Video feed had purple segments and some msg about stopping...return stick ...

Yes I downgraded back to 1.6 RC Firmware and I'm back to great video feed and flying fine.......using my Samsung Tab A....I hoping  I have no issues with the 3.0 go app upgrade!...for those who want to downgrade back to 1.6 RC FW......in the opening page go to the simulator page button at the top right and hold don't tap and a downgrade page will come up and ......you'll be back and flying with good video feed........THANKS MD_ICARUS FOR THE HELP.........  AND DJI FOR FORUM........ BUT NOT THIS ALL AIRCRAFT INCORPORATED FIRMWARE AND SOFTWARE......YOUR PROBLEMS REPORTED IN THESE FORUMS IS DISTURBING.....AND SCARY....PLEASE DO SOMETHING BEFORE I buy a  a Mavic or Inspire!,
2016-10-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

idplabs Posted at 2016-10-22 04:16
In this video you can see the problem: when updating remote controls my two phantom 3 Pro, it appear ...

By the way,your video link is not available ,could you please upload it to dropbox and send me the link?
2016-10-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mstrand Posted at 2016-10-24 04:07
Yes I'm having same issues with new rc upgrade also ..video stream is horrible just horrible....didn ...

Could you please record a video of the video stream issue?
I'll help to collect your feedback.
2016-10-23
Use props
Alberto Pasian
lvl.2

Italy

Flawless upgrade for me, P3P and Iphone 6 Plus.
2016-10-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Alberto Pasian Posted at 2016-10-24 17:00
Flawless upgrade for me, P3P and Iphone 6 Plus.

Thanks for your feedback.:-)
2016-10-24
Use props
idplabs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2894623 ft
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-24 15:01
By the way,your video link is not available ,could you please upload it to dropbox and send me the ...

Thanks for answering.
Sorry: I click the link and opens smoothly. See if it is possible from this youtube link:
2016-10-24
Use props
idplabs
lvl.1
Spain

EranR Posted at 2016-10-23 23:45
My aircraft is at the latest version 1.9.60.
It used to be a P3A but I switched the camera to a Pro  ...

DJI Mindy: I can think exactly the same and I solved the same way, degrading of 1.8 to 1.6 on the remote control firmware.
Phantom 3 pro 1.9.20, Android DJI GO 3.0 and all the other settings that work correctly before upgrading Remote Control 1.8.
2016-10-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

idplabs Posted at 2016-10-24 17:50
Thanks for answering.
Sorry: I click the link and opens smoothly. See if it is possible from this  ...

Thanks.And what's the model of your device?
2016-10-24
Use props
EranR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 280515 ft
  • >>>
Israel

DJI Mindy, with RC FW 1.8 my video feed looks just like what idplabs sent, but over the course of seconds it becomes worse and eventually unusble for flight. I think when I turned the RC off and back on it was ok for a minute or two but then was messed up again.
I am now back on RC FW 1.6 and it's ok. For now I'm staying with that unless you can give me a new direction to go by.
Also, the fact that I can see RC and AC version on my wife's phone (SGS5 with Android 6) and not on my phone (SGS5 with Android 4.4) is still an issue (same fresh install of DJI GO 3.0).
Thanks for you support. I think it's safe to say we are all waiting for a solution.
2016-10-24
Use props
idplabs
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-24 18:03
Thanks.And what's the model of your device?

DJI Mindy: It is the same problem that is happening to many people with the firmware update 1.8 Remote control phantom 3 Pro. I've already put all the data into multiple messages:
- Phantom 3 pro 1.9.20
- Control 1.8
- Nexus 7 android 6
- DJI GO 3.0
Equipment that was working perfectly before the update.
2016-10-24
Use props
idplabs
lvl.1
Spain

EranR Posted at 2016-10-24 18:08
DJI Mindy, with RC FW 1.8 my video feed looks just like what idplabs sent, but over the course of se ...

In my case it also gets much worse and it becomes almost impossible to fly, and completely impossible to work filming.
2016-10-24
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

I did not experience the issues yet, on my advanced, knock on wood.. but as I see all that chatter with Mindy, did DJI figure anything out for anyone here, or via a support ticket? Just wondering of anyone's issue got resolved in any way without downgrading the app or the firmware? Or has DJI even been able to replicate the issue in any way?
I have flown a handful of times and still had no issue... other than yesterday I was taking off with a battery at 56%, and well...  as I expected the drone started complaining about low voltage and all the limited propulsion rather quickly....  but I knew that flying with a battery that's not 90+% is questionable.. so that's ok...  I would not assume that was in any way related to the firmware updates.
2016-10-24
Use props
kirk2579
lvl.4
United States

Phantomski Posted at 2016-10-24 11:55
I did not experience the issues yet, on my advanced, knock on wood.. but as I see all that chatter w ...

maybe that is a clue to find the specific issue,
Yours is an Advanced and seems to not be affected

Mine is a pro and I see a bunch of others are as well.
different gimbal and video processing gpu etc. used from pro vs adv

if only the pro has this problem that should help narrow the focus for finding the cause

good luck and have fun flying!
2016-10-24
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2016-10-25 07:17
maybe that is a clue to find the specific issue,
Yours is an Advanced and seems to not be affec ...

The only "physical" difference between the Pro and advanced camera bodies is the addition of a fan on the Pro model on top of the gimbal housing, otherwise the gimbal parts are interchangeable.  There is an obvious difference in circuitry telling the Pro model to do 4K video.  I have both an Advanced and Pro camera and I've always been tempted to find out if the camera body (lens, etc.) is any difference, or if it is just a case of the boards that tell the camera to do 4K...
2016-10-25
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

Just got done reading this whole thread.  Been on vacation the last several weeks and trying to catch up.  Are there any folks who have 1.8 on RC (and latest AC FW and App) that are not having issues with video feed on iPhone 6?  Just how pervasive is this problem..

Mindy: Is this a legitimate issue with 1.8 and if so is there something we should or shouldn't do?
2016-10-25
Use props
Dr. One
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2673110 ft

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-19 09:25
Could you please clarify what mobile device you are using and what's the firmware version of your  ...

i am using a galaxy Note 4 and/or Note 5 and/or Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 version - all of which worked prior to your controller update-  i have the 1.9.60 firmware downloaded on my 2 phantom 3 professionals AND  yes of course i have updated my dji app to version 1.8.0!  

i wouldn't have actually posted if i did not have those things in order - i read the forum not just post on it..

Sorry for the delay in response i was busy trying to prove you guys right, that the update was good and that there was no issues.   heres  a copy of my latest outing while flying - its almost impossible to fly - as of yesterday i am no longer flying my drones as they are unsafe.

just to pose a question - if i was to wreck the drone as a direct result of your app update being flawed, is DJI going to take responsibility for it like they did the last time drones started falling out of the sky?  i think it was the v1.1.5 that made mine fall out of the sky and dji replaced it without asking a single question. or charging me so i know they felt responsible.
i have uploaded a screen recording to vimeo - here is the Link -   

i just am uploading it now, so it may not be availble for next hour or so but its uploaded.  please fix this problem. asap

2016-10-25
Use props
kirk2579
lvl.4
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-10-25 09:28
The only "physical" difference between the Pro and advanced camera bodies is the addition of a fan ...

inside the gimbal there is an added gpu for the pro that is why it has the fan vs advanced

its why the pro has 60 mb rate vs the adv  40 mb
and also the ability to stream 4 to 10 mbs on pro  vs only 2mbs (maybe 4) on adv
2016-10-25
Use props
kirk2579
lvl.4
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-10-25 09:32
Just got done reading this whole thread.  Been on vacation the last several weeks and trying to catc ...

I just went back to 1.6 on my rc

have not had chance to go outside and test yet

if it is clean and clear again it will answer it for me anyhow!.
2016-10-25
Use props
kirk2579
lvl.4
United States

Dr. One Posted at 2016-10-25 11:07
i am using a galaxy Note 4 and/or Note 5 and/or Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 version - all of which worke ...

as a test  try taking rc back to 1.6

let us know results if you do
I did mine a little bit ago and it is easy and takes about 15 minutes

no chance to test yet though

EDIT 6pm

I had dropped my RC back to fw 1.6 early today
and my SHIELD K-1 app updated to 3.01 this afternoon!

Just flew almost the same flight I did Wednesday that was scary as hec due to the banding

PERFECTLY CLEAN VIDEO TODAY.

YEA!
2016-10-25
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft

Looks like my android just got a new go app update... Perhaps an update to fix some such issues?
2016-10-25
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

BINGO!

I have been asking DJI since August: why can't we set the P4 in HD Auto and 4 MBPS?  That may solve our streaming video issue.
If it is a hardware limitation, then please let us know.  If it is a software bug, please fix it.

And while on it, please fix the auto channel hoping to actually hop when the signal is low or interference is high.

I will then be a happy camper with DJI products.  
And we may then dissolve the Green Screen Club, which is now growing exponentially.
2016-10-25
Use props
kirk2579
lvl.4
United States

Phantomski Posted at 2016-10-25 15:20
Looks like my android just got a new go app update... Perhaps an update to fix some such issues?

and my SHIELD K-1 app updated to 3.01 this afternoon!

Just flew almost the same flight I did Wednesday that was scary as hec due to the banding

PERFECTLY CLEAN VIDEO TODAY.

YEA!
2016-10-25
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2016-10-25 18:00
and my SHIELD K-1 app updated to 3.01 this aftern ...

I am curious; did you test it also using an IOS device? I have not flown my P4 for 10 days due to windy stormy weather. I may fly tomorow using an iphone, but I am not sure if I should be brave and fly with RC1.8 and app3.0.1 or downgrade??? or just pack it up for the winter??
2016-10-25
Use props
kirk2579
lvl.4
United States

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-10-25 23:46
I am curious; did you test it also using an IOS device? I have not flown my P4 for 10 days due to w ...

nope,
never have nor eve rwill own a apple device

no interest in giving my money away for nothing, sorry

35 year pc and telcom tech since trs 80 model 1   lol
2016-10-25
Use props
kirk2579
lvl.4
United States

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-10-25 23:46
I am curious; did you test it also using an IOS device? I have not flown my P4 for 10 days due to w ...

why pack it  up

I live in ohio and fly thru 0f temps

even when the app was bad it was never put it away bad!
2016-10-25
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2016-10-26 01:19
why pack it  up

I live in ohio and fly thru 0f temps

I was planning to use it during the winter, but with all these issues reported, I am a bit terrified to fly it now!!
I am also a Windows guy but I think DJI is more apple friendly.
2016-10-26
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

Today was the only day I could fly, even though wind gusts were in the 30's.  It's funny to see the P4 fly on a angle to compensate for the wind. I only flew a max of 2500 feet radius.
I flew for about 10 minutes using RC1.8 and DJI-Go 3.0.1 and I had no issues at all!
My video streaming was solid, using an iphone 6p.   Hardware Decoding on

I will try to add more settings later;
my recording is set to 2.7K
My HD is set to Auto
I keep everything simple - off:
No histogram
No OE warning
Anti Flicker to 50 HZ

The only 2 question marks I have were:

Last night at home I was testing the set up with the P4 on but not flying. I tested different modes, like turning off the RC and turning it back on to make sure the app re-connects.....including RTH.  I got a message that the P4 i s not flying, and I then clicked RTH again to cancel RTH.

Now today when I started the DJI Go app, just above th ecamera, I kept getting a message scrolling across to click RTH to initiate RTH??? I was getting this message even with the P4 on or off? I did not want to press it of course, because the P4 was in a differrent location now, and it did not create the new Home Point.  So I kept closing the DJI-Go app, turning off the P4, turning off the RC, and eventually this went away.  While this message was on, I was also getting a grey Disconnected in the DJI-Go app. I thought that the RC or the app does not keep anything latched.  
Why did it remember my RTH after I turned off the RC, P4, app?

It was very windy and while hovering at about 6 feet, the P4 went up on it's own to about 15 feet. It could have been due to a gust of wind pushing it up, but it did not try to come back down.

Other than that, everything was fine.

2016-10-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

We have tested the new RC firmware and here is the test video link.https://www.dropbox.com/s/f1ouimt0jjypuzw/video.mp4?dl=0
If anyone has the the bad quality image transmission,please post a video here.
And provide below information and I'll collect the feedback.Thanks in advance.
1.Aircraft firmware version.
2.DJI GO app version.
3.The module and system version of your mobile device.
2016-10-27
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-27 06:12
We have tested the new RC firmware and here is the test video link.https://www.dropbox.com/s/f1ouimt ...

Are there versions of the new app 3.0.1 with smaller font like the video? or did that video use an older app version?  (I like the larger font, but some have posted that they liked the smaller font)
2016-10-27
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-27 18:12
We have tested the new RC firmware and here is the test video link.https://www.dropbox.com/s/f1ouimt ...

Mindy,

I think quite a number of people already have posted those videos.  The issue becomes that because of it, there will be less people likely to apply the RC update (despite being able to go back) for some fear of running into the issue and not being able to recover.

This many people can't be "wrong" (and I know that's not entirely the right word).  There has to be something in the 1.8 RC upgrade that is causing these video issues.  Again, we all know that there have been many iterations of RCs (A, B, C) and Aircraft (even with the P3 for example there are multiple hardware variants).  With each of these variations, it becomes harder and harder for DJI to do a firmware upgrade or RC upgrade and make sure that every combination of controller and aircraft (and firmware) is tested.  Let alone then to throw in all the various Apple and Android devices and software levels there as well.
2016-10-27
Use props
Rutger
lvl.2
Portugal

It's being 2 weeks since the new RC Fw is released, but I am still not getting any update on my RC.
Still working on 1.6
App version 3.01  (Android)
Is there any other way to update the RC to 1.8

EDIT: Just did it with an other divice and without wifi now it is updated to 1.8
          Strange that it work with celluar internet and not with wifi.
2016-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules