Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rpmurph83 Posted at 2016-10-14 07:37
Just re-tried the firmware download and it worked the first try. However the C1 issue is still prese ...

Mine was the same, but after a three finger reset of RC (C1 + C2 + 'Shutter Button' (top right nearest antenna)) all appears to be working well with C1.
2016-10-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

That was easy!! ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-10-14
Use props
PartsGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 418346 ft
United States

Still no update. Version 1.6 and no notice to update. This is my P3P. Haven't tried my P4 yet. Should I?
2016-10-14
Use props
timjd3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 531217 ft
  • >>>
United States

PartsGuy Posted at 2016-10-14 14:58
Still no update. Version 1.6 and no notice to update. This is my P3P. Haven't tried my P4 yet. Shoul ...

Bypass the notice to update (or lack of) and just hit the status bar - from there it will take you to a dialogue box where you can start the update.
2016-10-14
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-10-14 04:27
My understanding is that the GL300A video stream from the aircraft has been improved, but only whe ...

Aloha Aardvark,

Good observation!  Shall we hope that; "The enhanced RC to Device connection stability presumably will help iron out some of the artifacts seen on some devices."  I know that I sure am.

I also just posted a new thread that mentions this upgrade.  I sure hope that this is my problem!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-10-15
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

Just so I can also undertand this:  Does it mean that if we do not upgrade the DJI-Go app to 3.0.0 we will not get any benefits of the RC 1.80 upgrade? or the RC upgrade will not work if I am using an older app like 2.9.2?

Does it make a difference if the P4 is on or off? (or is the instruction video also apply to P4?)

I also read that this upgrade disables the use of P3A controllers with P4?? Is this true?

If it is true, shouldn't DJI announce this? I do not think using a P3A controller was against any rules.  So I feel if an upgrade disables, or degrades some feature, it should be announced.

2016-10-15
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I am gonna live dangerously and upgrade tomorrow.  I do not see any negative posts so far.
My plan is:

Delete the DJI-GO app
Install the latest
Test it with the original RC frmware........
If everyihing is working fine, I will then upgrade RC

I plan to only calibrate the RC afterwards.

BTW: The alert to upgrade the RC only comes up when the P4 is connected. I do not see any such alert once the P4 is off.

2016-10-15
Use props
Chazzm
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-14 15:07
Could you please clarify which Phantom model you have?If there are updates for your aircraft and RC ...

I have a Phantom 4 Mindy, I asked about the versions because I'm hearing these people talking about the issues they are having and I don't understand it because I personally haven't had one problem at all, as far as I can tell everything is running perfectly fine!? but it would be good for me to know which version I'm running for my own piece of mind,,,
2016-10-15
Use props
geolopez73
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4612825 ft
  • >>>

When is DJI going to support VR goggles? And why can litchi do it.
2016-10-15
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

I will have a go at this when I get home from work, can someone confirm the best sequence for upgrading the F/W on the P4 remote please
2016-10-16
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

This is the sequence which worked for me:

1. Delete the DJI-GO app (mine was 2.9.2)
2. Install the DJI-GO app from apple store
2.5 I tested the P4 using the latest DGI-Go app; I got a few green screens, but everything worked fine
3. I then upgraded the RC by using the standard connection (iphone connected to the RC, my iphone was connected to my home wifi on, and the P4 was on).  I got a message that there is a new RC firmware, I clicked on it, and I proceeded upgrading.  The p4 stayed on.
4. I then re-started the RC.

It then connected normally to my P4.

I then calibrated the RC.

I then calibrated the Compass.

I then flew the P4 around and everything worked well. I record 2.7 K video but I have not noticed any improvement so far on the streaming video back to my iphone6.

I like the larger text for the speed and distance.

I have one suggestion for DJI:
Please consider adding a voice output during compass calibration.  I like to keep the RC and device away from the P4 when I do the compass calibration, so instead of having to guess when I should turn it, it would help if the voice says "Turn Craft 90 and Rotate" and when calibration is completed "Compass calibration completed".

2016-10-16
Use props
Sam999
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20856 ft
Greece

Still RC update or version not coming out on screen , I did reset tablet , reinstalled dji app. , re linked RC , reset RC , long pressing the Graduation Hat but nothing ,why everytime dji has an update there is a problem seeing it or installing it ????!!!! and no im not new to this ........ is there a way to do this update without going throu all this...!!!!!
2016-10-16
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

Just done the RC F/W upgrade, I didn't delete the DJI go app first as it had the latest V on the iPad, was very quick and easy, just wondering if I need to do am IMU and Compass calibration?  I would guess not if the P4 flew without fault before RC update ?
2016-10-16
Use props
lpschnurr
New

Canada

Astronappa Posted at 2016-10-13 10:52
Since downloading DJI GO newest version I'm unable to find the update for the RC. it says I'm currnt ...

I`m having the same problem.  Plus I can only video in 4K - the `toggle`to 1080 has been removed.  Can anyone tell me how to record in 1080 once again
2016-10-16
Use props
BVB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 484652 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-10-14 09:27
My understanding is that the GL300A video stream from the aircraft has been improved, but only whe ...

This update completely resolved my video issues and I have cycled through all video resolutions (stop video-change resolution-restarted video). I was at the very moment of sending my P4 back when the update was released. The night before I was going to send it back, I read about the firmware update and it completely resolved my video problems.

Thanks very much DJI
2016-10-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Chazzm Posted at 2016-10-16 10:58
I have a Phantom 4 Mindy, I asked about the versions because I'm hearing these people talking abou ...

You can use the DJI Assistant to check your version information.
Or you can enter the General settings- about to check it.
Here is the screenshot for your reference.
firmware version.png
2016-10-16
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-10-16 14:20
This is the sequence which worked for me:

1. Delete the DJI-GO app (mine was 2.9.2)

"Please consider adding a voice output during compass calibration.  I like to keep the RC and device away from the P4 when I do the compass calibration, so instead of having to guess when I should turn it, it would help if the voice says "Turn Craft 90 and Rotate" and when calibration is completed "Compass calibration completed". "

They already have that covered,Once calibration started the status indicator LEDs change from 'Solid Yellow' to 'Solid Green' after the first horizontal rotation. Then point it nose down, when that rotaton is complete the indicators start flashing green. So that is a visual indication where you can leave the remote at a distance if you wish.
2016-10-17
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Snowwolfwarrior Posted at 2016-10-16 19:13
Just done the RC F/W upgrade, I didn't delete the DJI go app first as it had the latest V on the iPa ...

I'd be tempted to do a three finger reset of the RC (C1+C2+'Shutter Button' (top right next to antenna)) and a relink of RC to aircraft. After all you have made changes, and anything that happened under the old firmware becomes irrelevant.
2016-10-17
Use props
chris_t
lvl.4

Germany

drag line Posted at 2016-10-14 00:20
Not getting any notice to update. Please advise

Just don't update.
It's full of bugs.
2016-10-17
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

chris_t Posted at 2016-10-17 06:51
Just don't update.
It's full of bugs.

Please elaborate and let us know more details on the bugs you found.
2016-10-17
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-10-17 04:27
"Please consider adding a voice output during compass calibration.  I like to keep the RC and devic ...

Thanks! I will check that next time.  Are you referring to the front lights though, because I have those off. or the bottom lights?
2016-10-17
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-10-17 12:26
Thanks! I will check that next time.  Are you referring to the front lights though, because I have  ...

The status LEDs are the rear two.
2016-10-17
Use props
zigmono
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11457 ft

What is the firmware version requirement on the bird to work with the controller firmware?

Thanks!

Zigs
2016-10-17
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

Still no update. DJI GO 3.0 android is noticing i have 'latest firmware'.... but i have still 1.6

Is there a way to manual push update 1.8 to RC?

Update:
I tried to uninstall and install again DJI go on two Android devices and they do not want to recognize firmware versions both on P3P and RC.
There is N/A in bird and rc firmware fields, both DJI go version and serial number are showing correctly.

Update 2:
I tried to press 5-10 seconds this button to RC downgrade. I have in fields Equipment and Firmware versions: downloading... and this downloading is hanging.

Any suggestions?
Have someone 1.8 file for RC (i would upgrade through usb)
2016-10-17
Use props
ezdrew430
lvl.3
Flight distance : 195151 ft

United States

Just updated my controller and flew for a short bit. For some reason since i updated the return to home button on the controller doesn't function at all. RTH works fine on the go app but since updating my controller the controller button doesn't function. Not a huge deal but just wondering if anyone else had this problem?
2016-10-17
Use props
Dompie
lvl.2

Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2016-10-14 22:27

I could tell you that the RC update was done a little while AFTER the bird update. I was asked in the DJI Go app to update the RC and it went well.
2016-10-17
Use props
RGHDRONE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 604 ft
Canada

ezdrew430 Posted at 2016-10-17 17:18
Just updated my controller and flew for a short bit. For some reason since i updated the return to h ...

This is starting to scare me. I recently updated to djigo 3 on shield tablet and updated the rc firmware to 1.8 and so far I have 2 items that concern me. Number one is that the video feed on the tablet comes and goes and that is with the quad flying 20 feet in front of me. Did not happen on previous firmware or djigo version. The other is a bit more troublesome and that is the turn off backward flying switch does not work. I have backwards flying off and it still flies backwards. I wonder what other issues there are. Would love to downgrade the RC firmware back to 1.6
2016-10-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Kyokushin Posted at 2016-10-17 23:36
Still no update. DJI GO 3.0 android is noticing i have 'latest firmware'.... but i have still 1.6

I ...

Have you tried to change the network from wifi to cellular?
2016-10-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ezdrew430 Posted at 2016-10-18 08:18
Just updated my controller and flew for a short bit. For some reason since i updated the return to h ...

Could you please make a short video of this issue?
2016-10-17
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RGHDRONE Posted at 2016-10-18 02:16
This is starting to scare me. I recently updated to djigo 3 on shield tablet and updated the rc fi ...

The 'backward flying' switch only applies when using 'active tracking', have a look at the menu for 'Visual Navigation Settings' and you'll see it breaks down into five sections:-

'Forward Obstacle Sensing'; 'Downward Vision Positioning'; 'Tapfly'; 'Active Track' & 'Advanced'
2016-10-18
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RGHDRONE Posted at 2016-10-18 02:16
This is starting to scare me. I recently updated to djigo 3 on shield tablet and updated the rc fi ...

If you connect RC to Display device and power both up, leave aircraft switched OFF.
In DJI Go , hold your finger on graduation hat (top right corner) for 5-10 seconds, then when you remove finger a new screen should appear offering you the option to roll back controller to V1.6.
2016-10-18
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-18 04:13
Have you tried to change the network from wifi to cellular?

Yes, i did it yesterday on third device. It worked. This is a good solution
2016-10-18
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

I updated a few days ago, had a handful of flights, no issues yet.. did not test rth on the radio.. will do some time this week.... did not notice any negative input so far.
2016-10-18
Use props
williamlevasseu
New
Canada

Problem with DJI RC firmware update:

I updates the firmware on my Phantom 3 Pro RC yesterday. Now the video on the tablette is HORRIBLE. I don't know what they did, but they broke it. It used to work fine. Now, I get green and purple artifacts, and glitches all over the place. It's barely usable. I used to have solid HD video up to +1000m... now I get horrible distortion just standing next to the aircraft. If I could roll-back I would... Is that an option?
2016-10-18
Use props
williamlevasseu
New
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2016-10-18 05:22
If you connect RC to Display device and power both up, leave aircraft switched OFF.
In DJI Go , hol ...

Thanks! I just did that! DJI really screwed up with this update.
2016-10-18
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

williamlevasseu Posted at 2016-10-18 19:14
Thanks! I just did that! DJI really screwed up with this update.

And after you updated did you try resetting/relinking RC to see if that would cure any problems ?

Which display device re you using ?

2016-10-18
Use props
Dr. One
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2673110 ft

Anyone else have worse video streaming quality since the update?  

I have 2 Phantom 3 pro's and since the update, I had connectivity issues with streaming.  Almost too dangerous to fly without being able to see very well due to break up of video stream.  

I initially thought it was due to bumping it against a wall, not while flying but while in hand.  Sooo, I linked my other drone to the same remote and the same video stream choppiness was occurring which lead me to this forum.  

Is this an update issue?
2016-10-18
Use props
RGHDRONE
lvl.1
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2016-10-18 02:19
The 'backward flying' switch only applies when using 'active tracking', have a look at the menu fo ...

Is this new with version 3? As I am new to drone flying, I have not as of yet used any of the intelligent flight modes. With 1.6 rc firmware and djigo 2.9.x I have tested the backward flying switch and have turned it on and off many times and it had worked as expected without using actrive tracking.
2016-10-18
Use props
RGHDRONE
lvl.1
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2016-10-18 02:22
In DJI Go , hol ...

Thanks a bunch. I just remembered that. I have recently deleted the app and reinstalled from scratch. I will perform a full quad reset and start all over and see what happens. thank you
2016-10-18
Use props
wor_nh
lvl.1

United States

Dr. One Posted at 2016-10-19 03:16
Anyone else have worse video streaming quality since the update?  

I have 2 Phantom 3 pro's and sin ...

I just got my drone yesterday and everything worked great.  Today, I updated the RC firmware and the video streaming is now horrible!  Not sure if this is caused by the update or by other issues?
2016-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules