18532 246 2016-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Dr. One Posted at 2016-10-19 03:16
Anyone else have worse video streaming quality since the update?  

I have 2 Phantom 3 pro's and sin ...

Could you please clarify what mobile device you are using and what's the firmware version of your aircraft?
Also have you update the DJI GO app to latest version v3.0.0?
2016-10-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

wor_nh Posted at 2016-10-19 08:52
I just got my drone yesterday and everything worked great.  Today, I updated the RC firmware and t ...

Could you please clarify what mobile device you are using and what's the firmware version of your aircraft?
Have you update the DJI GO app to latest version v3.0.0?
2016-10-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Kyokushin Posted at 2016-10-18 23:53
Yes, i did it yesterday on third device. It worked. This is a good solution

Thanks for your update.
2016-10-18
Use props
wor_nh
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-19 09:26
Could you please clarify what mobile device you are using and what's the firmware version of your  ...

I have the latest of all firmware and am running the latest DJI Go software.  I just updated the RC firmware this morning and the video problems started.  I just bought a new Samsung Tab A yesterday and am using that as my mobile device.

As a side note, I have noticed that despite having a good GPS signal, follow me does not work with this device.  I'm told this is a software issue with DJI Go.  Can you confirm this?
2016-10-18
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

It seems that the even updates have deteriorated streaming video! We need to skip them.

It started with 2.8.2 and has not improved since.  I have been asking for a dji go without the bloatware; and No live streaming option.As soon as I updated, I got some nice green screens again.  I had not seen green screens since the temperature came down from being in the 90's. Frustrating to say the least.  
And I deleted the 2.9.2 and installed a clean 3.0.0.
Maybe the guys who have very bad streaming video, try removing the app and install a new one.

2016-10-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

wor_nh Posted at 2016-10-19 09:53
I have the latest of all firmware and am running the latest DJI Go software.  I just updated the R ...

Since the Samsung Tab A is not in our device recommended list.
Could you please change a mobile device to test?
Just want to rule out if it's an issue with the device.
Also, if your tab don't have GPS module, the follow me mode will not work properly.
Here is the recommended list for your reference.And please ensure that you do not have any programs running in the background.
list.png
2016-10-18
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RGHDRONE Posted at 2016-10-19 01:39
Is this new with version 3? As I am new to drone flying, I have not as of yet used any of the inte ...

" I have tested the backward flying switch and have turned it on and off many times and it had worked as expected without using actrive tracking."

That's interesting, reason I ask is that mine is always set to off and I've never noticed any problems with flying backwards using the control sticks.

Can I ask, this is the switch 'Enable Backward Flying' in 'Visual Navigation Settings' menu you are talking about ?
2016-10-19
Use props
luclucas96
New

Singapore

Hello Mindy
2016-10-19
Use props
luclucas96
New

Singapore

Are you aware if there are bugs in the recent controller update?
2016-10-19
Use props
luclucas96
New

Singapore

My question is, if after a very thorough troubleshooting with one of DJI support team, the problem of the controller is still not fixed, should i send the controller back? Or if a new update will be released soon, when will ot be?
2016-10-19
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

wor_nh Posted at 2016-10-19 01:52
I just got my drone yesterday and everything worked great.  Today, I updated the RC firmware and t ...

Try  a three finger reset of the RC (C1+C2+'Shutter Button' (top right next to antenna)) and a relink of RC to aircraft. See if that helps at all.
2016-10-19
Use props
wor_nh
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-19 10:27
Could you please change a mobile de ...

DJI Mindy - thanks for your reply.  I guess there are just to many recommended device lists out there as a list I saw (must not have been your list) recommended the Tab A.  I can take the device back to where I purchased it and buy a different device.  Will the Samsung "recommended" devices work with Follow Me?
2016-10-19
Use props
Sam999
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20856 ft
Greece

Is there a file we can download/use or any other way to update the RC instead of waiting for update message thru DJI GO ? because it is not coming out no matter what i do !!!!! ver. is showing (NA)!!!
2016-10-19
Use props
Quaresma
New

Portugal

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab-A Tablet (Android 6.0.1) that worked fine with my Phantom 4 Remote Control until the day I was forced to upgrade the firmware to V1.6.0 (DJI software option). Since then I was presented with the message "Aircraft Disconnected" and couldn't use it anymore. The seller made several tests, confirm the situation and send the article back to DJI Spain to downgrade the remote control firmware... almost two months ago! My question is: Will the new firmware v1.8.0 solve this situation (created by DJI)? Thanks!   
2016-10-19
Use props
RGHDRONE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 604 ft
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2016-10-19 01:42
" I have tested the backward flying switch and have turned it on and off many times and it had wor ...

Yes sir that is the switch I am talking about "Enable Backward Flying". With it enabled I am flying backwards, with it disabled I am still flying backwards whereas with the previous app version (2.9.2) and RC firmware 1.6.x it worked just fine. I am in the process (this weekend) of downgrading the RC firmware and app as I am not happy with the upgrade at the moment. Thanks for your help.
2016-10-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

wor_nh Posted at 2016-10-19 09:53
I have the latest of all firmware and am running the latest DJI Go software.  I just updated the R ...

The follow me mode will work with the device which have GPS module.
2016-10-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

luclucas96 Posted at 2016-10-19 16:59
My question is, if after a very thorough troubleshooting with one of DJI support team, the problem o ...

Could you please clarify what's the issue with the controller?
2016-10-20
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Quaresma Posted at 2016-10-20 00:20
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab-A Tablet (Android 6.0.1) that worked fine with my Phantom 4 Remote Contr ...

That's more or less working as it should be then.

That only switches backward flying in 'Active track'. So when you are using active track and the subject moves towards the quad then it will not fly backwards to stay away from subject if that switch is off.

However if that switch is on then the quad will move backwards if the subject being 'active tracked' moves towards the quad. If you are not using Active Tracking then that switch should make no difference to your backward flying.

A good example here of backward trackin @ 1:18 & 1:45 in this
2016-10-20
Use props
Quaresma
New

Portugal

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-19 10:27

I'm sorry to hear that, Mindy. My Samsung Tab A came with android v6.0.1 from factory and worked fine with my Phantom 4 Remote Control until the day I upgraded the firmware to version v1.6.0. The problem isn't with Samsung or with Android. The problem is in the firmware v1.6.0. I only hope the new version v1.8.0 will solve the issue!
2016-10-20
Use props
wor_nh
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-20 14:10
The follow me mode will work with the device which have GPS module.

I don't think that is correct.  I know it "should" work, but I've seen a few other posts that claim that it does not work with some Samsung products that have a built in GPS.  In fact, most Android tablets have built in GPS receivers.

I have the Samsung Tab A and it does have a built in GPS.  There are other threads on this and other sites that claim "Follow Me" does not work with the Samsung tablet yet works perfectly on Litchi.
2016-10-20
Use props
castanedab10
New

United States

Hey, guys I was wondering if anyone was having an issue where they are getting a "Prop Guard Mounted" message when there are no guards on. It's disabling my Front sensors and making it impossible to use the intelligent flight modes.

This happened after I upgraded to 1.8.0

Any suggestions?
2016-10-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

castanedab10 Posted at 2016-10-21 11:13
Hey, guys I was wondering if anyone was having an issue where they are getting a "Prop Guard Mounte ...

Please provide us the info needed in your another thread, and we will have a test on our end. Thanks.
2016-10-21
Use props
idplabs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2894623 ft
Spain

Hi. I have 2 phantom 3 Pro. When updating the remote control to version 1.8, in both I have a huge problem of video link: continuously pixelated image and it is impossible to do a good job. It has happened in the two to update, tested with both drones, with different tablets, etc. Do you know anything about this problem? Thank you.
2016-10-21
Use props
idplabs
lvl.1
Spain

In this video you can see the problem: when updating remote controls my two phantom 3 Pro, it appears a great connection problem, and the image appears pixelated to the point that it can not work. Please, is urgent.
- Aircraft firm: 1.9.20
- Remote firm: 1.8
- Android version: 3.0
Everything has been tested with both drones and occurred exactly at a time. I tried all different cables, dinstintas tablets, I recisado all configurations, etc. The problem has been the firmware update on the remote control. ¡¡¡Please!!!
Video
2016-10-21
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

RGHDRONE Posted at 2016-10-17 21:16
This is starting to scare me. I recently updated to djigo 3 on shield tablet and updated the rc fi ...

Found that out on my p3p as well
10 months of no issues with my 3p3 and shield k1 paired up

dji go and now banding shows up......

sounds like they fixed the p4 and messed the p3 maybe...
2016-10-21
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
United States

Dr. One Posted at 2016-10-18 15:16

for my p3p and k1 yes it is
both have been used to fly a couple hundred trouble free flights since dec 2015

Wednesday when I was shooting the fall colors I got bands coming and going at times

this was flawless prior to 3.0
2016-10-21
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-10-18 22:27

Mindy

it is the update period,

These are all long time flyers and have the same devices and phantoms today with this degraded video that they flew fine last week, last month and for me last year even.

The not on list is getting old as the list is not growing and many of the devices on it are so old no one wants them.
I have been using the Nvidia shield K-1 since dec or 2015 with the same p3p since the same time.
not once has this video been and issue or have I had a complaint about range, video etc.
THEY WORKED PERFECT AS A PAIR for 10 months...
You broke that pair the other day when I updated my RC---
Now for first time EVER green and colored bands , just like the p4 guys have been saying..

It is the update , please help get this fixed!

To help you be sure I am correct:

I HAVE THE 300a RC and original motor quad version
Your update states it messes with the300a RC
I have a 300a RC
my 300 a RC is now partialy not working as well as it did a few days ago.

cause and effect!
2016-10-21
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
United States

wor_nh Posted at 2016-10-19 08:10
DJI Mindy - thanks for your reply.  I guess there are just to many recommended device lists out th ...

Many many issues the last month or 2 with some Samsung stuff, becarefull
2016-10-21
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

there are a fair number of reports no of live feed issues since V1.7 was released for P3 and P4, it seems to affect controllers with the HDMI board installed more than just the usb port models, it is happening on all three models GL300A,B and C but the HDMI board appears to the the main ones where people are having issues

This can be resolved by downgrading the RC back to V1.6 s per below.

can you tell us if you have the hdmi board installed,

If your on RC firmware V1.7 follow this to downgrade back to V1.6 and it should resolve your issue

Hopefully DJI will have an update soon to resolve this.
2016-10-21
Use props
RGHDRONE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 604 ft
Canada

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2016-10-21 14:19
Found that out on my p3p as well
10 months of no issues with my 3p3 and shield k1 paired up

Mine is a P4 and it is defenitely not fixed. I downgraded my RC back to 1.6 and downgraded my app to 2.9.1. Tomorrow I reset the quad and perform a full calibration and test.
2016-10-21
Use props
idplabs
lvl.1
Spain

Temporarily resolved. I am now sure that there is a problem with update 1.8 Remote control their phantom 3 Pro: I have downgraded to version 1.6 and has arranged everything. Almost always they do an update a problem occurs. I'm sick of paying money to let them beta tester and always risking my appliances. Solve this once, ¡¡¡please!!!.
Maybe they should be thought of dividing the application and not pretend to have one for all functions and brand appliances.
2016-10-22
Use props
idplabs
lvl.1
Spain

Dr. One Posted at 2016-10-19 03:16

I had the same problem and I have solved to work. I am now sure that there is a problem with update 1.8 Remote control their phantom 3 Pro: I have downgraded to version 1.6 and has arranged everything.
2016-10-22
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I think they have to go to dji-go app for each craft type soon and please give us an option without the live streaming software. And I mean a clean version, not just leave the code as is, but just hide it in the user interface.
I also invested in a K1 shield and I can not use it due to the pixelation.  It's going to be a chrstmas present for gaming. My other issue with the K1 was it's bad compass.
2016-10-22
Use props
Tripper Dog
lvl.2

Can't you just update it wirelessly.  Mine seems to do that when I hit update in the menu.  
2016-10-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2016-10-22 05:29
Mindy

it is the update period,

Could you please clarify the firmware version of the aircraft?
2016-10-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

idplabs Posted at 2016-10-22 17:21
I had the same problem and I have solved to work. I am now sure that there is a problem with update ...

Could you please provide below information to me?
1.Aircraft firmware version.
2.DJI GO app version.
3.The module and system version of your mobile device.
2016-10-22
Use props
EranR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 280515 ft
  • >>>
Israel

Since I use my own app for flying, I rarely use DJI GO.
However, yesterday I switched my P3A camera to a new Pro camera. I used DJI GO to see if everything was OK.
On my own phone (Galaxy S5 running Android 4.4) I got N/A for the aircraft and RC version. My wife has the same phone with Android 6 and it showed the versions, so I used it to upgrade to RC.
Than I noticed after a few seconds the video gets pixelated with terrible artifacts. At first I thought it was the new camera.
I started reading about it and decided to downgrade the RC. Problem solved.
For me, RC FW 1.8 and DJI GO 3.0 are bad. Hope DJI solve this.
2016-10-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

EranR Posted at 2016-10-23 12:30
Since I use my own app for flying, I rarely use DJI GO.
However, yesterday I switched my P3A camera  ...

Could you please clarify the aircraft firmware version?
2016-10-22
Use props
EranR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 280515 ft
  • >>>
Israel

My aircraft is at the latest version 1.9.60.
It used to be a P3A but I switched the camera to a Pro camera and updated to a Pro firmware, as DJI advises.
RC firmware 1.8 messed up the video feed. Downgraded and it's working OK with the previous RC FW version.
2016-10-23
Use props
mstrand
lvl.1

United States

Yes I'm having same issues with new rc upgrade also ..video stream is horrible just horrible....didn't have a problem  till rc upgrade.1.8 .........I'm absolutely  sacred to death with all these upgrade issues....these drones are not cheap......are you trying to force us to buy new ones or what.....I have the P3P with only 13 charges on my battery...after doing the fw update on aircraft to 1.9 and rc 1.6 with go app 2.8 all was fine...NOW with new rc 1.8 and go 3.0 it's just horrible.......I will not be forced to buy a MAVIC.....this is Wrong business practice here in the USA
2016-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules